Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the sexy shrimp, they tend to get lost in anything but a pico tank.

I'm thinking of getting some myself to put in a vase pico.

Sexy Shrimp

Good to know... Thinking about it; my pom pom crab was a bit of a waste of money - all I see of him are his moults. He has popped out occasionally enough to know that the moults are not dead crab :)

Good to know... Thinking about it; my pom pom crab was a bit of a waste of money - all I see of him are his moults. He has popped out occasionally enough to know that the moults are not dead crab :)

Yeah, I suspect pom-pom's are kinda the same way, best observed in a pico.

Did I miss something, did you really put a baby Regal Tang in here? Or was that a joke?

Mischeif Nite

the words penis and hammer don't belong in the same sentence together.......let me guess.....next you'll have a pink open brain right behind it. Sorry, has to be done.

Sexy Shrimp

Oh yeah - I know about the hydroids. They've gone now. The new powerhead blew all the heads off and then I tweezered the stalks... Seems they don't like high flow - breaks their necks ;)

Oh yeah - I know about the hydroids. They've gone now. The new powerhead blew all the heads off and then I tweezered the stalks... Seems they don't like high flow - breaks their necks ;)

Good for you! Thats why I love small tanks. They found many places to hide and get out of control in 100g.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on things and I figured you already knew, but just in case!

Sexy Shrimp

Pompom crab came out of hiding today - seems she has swapped caves to the opposite side of the tank. She is bigger than when I put her in there! Both anemones are still there too. Sooooo pleased. She didn't stay out long enough for me to get a shot though grrrrr.

Sexy Shrimp

Remeber my green porites hitchiker. Well it has been growing loads. I noticed a small blob of pink porites next to it which doesn't seem to be growing as quickly so I decided to pick it off and glue it elsewhere. As I was moving it I noticed another bit hidden. This bit is purple! Put the 2 small buds (half a cm) next to each other right near the top of the tank so they get more light. Not sure if they are porites for definite but they are a SPS in pink and purple! Will get photos when water cleared (just done WC and its a bit ming at mo)

tanks looking good! keep it up ... sorry to hear about the goby loss, unfortunately the same thing happened to my recent Yasha Hashe addition... but i'm getting a replacement as we think that shipment of gobies/shrimp weren't all that superior...

i ALMOST bought a neon goby like that at the store we had 3 of them, so cool, but i was waiting for my Yashe... i'll probably get one soon as we get some more because they are really cool.

Sexy Shrimp

Get one!! They're teeny and don't add much bioload. So friendly and comical. Just need to make sure the food it small enough for it. I might get a goby/shrimp pair still yet. Only got 2 1/2 fish lol

I just finished reading your thread, and your tank is looking awesome! :happy:

Oh, and I love your Neon Goby. It looks so adorable. :D

Sexy Shrimp

Thankyou. Have been naughty recently and made a couple of purchases that I haven't included the costs for. Have also just bought a tabletop and tap-plumbable RO/DI unit. Can't wait for it to arrive. Bought it from the US and Weetie has very kindly offered to ship it for me - probably saving me close to $100. Such a star.

The funniest thing with neon gobys is they look like they have eyebrows and when they move their eyes it looks like facial expressions.

Did I mention my cleaner shrimp has started cleaning me? Seems the little sod doesn't like the colour of my nail varnish!

EDIT:

SG: 1.025

pH: 8.2

Am: 0

Nite: 0

Nate: 5 (OMG its risen! WC WC WC WC!!)

Phosphate: 0.25 (hmmmm maybe my new batch of feed I made is too much)

KH: 8

Ca: 460

Just ordered a bag of Seachem Reef Salt off Fleabay. Hope its good!

Sexy Shrimp

Look at the size of this MoFo now!!

Before:

100_1765.jpg

Now (4 weeks later):

100_2174.jpg

Can't believe the difference! Bit disappointed that it doesn't look like a p*nis anymore though :(

Sexy Shrimp

Hmmmm Cost update:

RO/DI - $187 = £93

Salt - £25

Zoas (orange nipple + fire and ice) - £34

Zoas (bam-bam, eagle eye, kryptonite, gold dragon, candy apple greens) - £34.90

Orange plating + superman montipora - £37.98

Previous buy - £35

Total = £993.83that's $1987.66...

OMG!!!! Need to start fragging and recouping some of the cost - anyone for xenia!?!

FTS

100_2399.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

Damn hermits have knocked my teeny purple porites frag [in]into[/i] the live rock and out of reach! Still have my teeny pink piece but the purple was so much nicer!

Sexy Shrimp

Look at the size of this guy now! He is about 1 inch long now - 3x the size when he first hitchhiked! Mind you, saying "he" he was squirting the other day. Think they were eggs as they looked too big to be sperm...

100_2401.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

Just fed the fish/corals and it was a right feeding frenzy! I fed my turbinaria first - a little freeze dried cyclopeeze in a turkey baster. This was the result. Almost every polyp got a bit - it was a right guzzler tonight!

100_2491.jpg

I normally feed my hammer in the same way. It reacts by sliming up to catch the cyclopeeze normaly. Tonight though it opened up to expose its mouths and the clowns fed it! It was actually acting like an anemone. I have never seen it feed like this before. It didn't slime at all and the clowns deposited the food right into its mouths...In fact, I have never seen one expose its mouths before...

100B2570.jpg

100B2510.jpg

I may have fed a little too much and my cleaner shrimp had a grand old time surfing upside down to get the bits floating on the surface.

100B2600.jpg

That's it for now. Feeling peckish myself. Might go and grab some cheese and crackers.

Archived