Pod Your Reef

Won't you be my Valentine?

arwndsh

I think I am going to have to drop out of this one -_-

If your sure about that I will take you off the list, but your participation will be missed.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your sure about that I will take you off the list, but your participation will be missed.

I am sure. I cant participate this time, but next time for sure.

Not to take this thread off-topic, but I've seen even the most fragile SPS corals after 40 hrs WITHOUT heat packs and they were fine...and this was after travelling quite a distance in the belly of an aircraft. They wre insulated, but not heat packed. For whatever the reason, most corals seem to be able to handle cold temperatures much better than warm (being left on a sunny porch in July). The key to a successful receipt of the corals is slow acclimation to the target system's water temperature.

HTH!

In my (limited) experience, the issue is not with cold temperatures, it's with freezing temperatures. It's 7 degrees here right now. Unfortunately, even the best insulation will not keep coral from freezing at these temperatures.

I don't have a problem with Adin being in the swap. I don't think we should vote anyone out. Farther shipping but whatever. They still have Valentines day way out there last time I checked, haha. Sizing up to be a nice swap again. Already got my stuff picked out and ready to go.

Bill

I'M OUT!

Unless you want to go through the trouble of ensuring I ship to someone that's living in conditions north of 60F.

NEXT TIME!

Adinsxq is probably out cause of the controversy over his not wanting to ship with heat packs.

Nano-paul just probably has a lot going on right now.

I'm still here, doesn't that count for something??? :D

I'M OUT!

Unless you want to go through the trouble of ensuring I ship to someone that's living in conditions north of 60F.

NEXT TIME!

Adin, dont drop out begging.gif We have other people from cali that you could be paired with and it is no problem with me to spend the time to make sure it happens.i promise :):flower:

eeek i hate to bail, maybe next year,

i just have never shipped anything living and i dont want to take that risk right now!!!!

i dont want to send somebody something dead! :( SORRY!

i feel bad

this is a great idea though

unless i can be paired with the same general area as me

Nano-paul just probably has a lot going on right now.

I just dont have anything that I can get rid of at the moment. I will be in on the next one.

eeek i hate to bail, maybe next year,

i just have never shipped anything living and i dont want to take that risk right now!!!!

i dont want to send somebody something dead! :( SORRY!

i feel bad

this is a great idea though

unless i can be paired with the same general area as me

I don't want you to drop out for that reason there were people in the last swap that had never shipped before. Weetie has posted a really awesome shipping guide and you can ask any questions of most the people involved (I know dshnarw has a lot of shipping experience and he is local so I am sure he can help you, just tell him I told you to contact him). So please stay in :flower:

OUT or IN-WITH-CONDITIONS

works for me!

LMK

IN IN IN.... we could make a list of those who don't mind if you ship to them or to save money we can have the people in Cali (west coast in general) just ship to each other.

Adin you can send it to me.

and I'll send it to you.

North and South, BROTHERHOOD.

I would hate for this to happen because there would be no surprise or at least less of one. Maybe we should have a just west coast swap at well. I'll still keep track of it. What do you people think about this?? I don't have anything else to do I promise.

That may be a good idea. We can always do a crazy cross country swap when the weather is nice. Right now it's pretty hectic anywhere you go. We don't want to lose participants or exclude people. I think so long as you can handle doing it that way that it's a good plan. You are volunteering for this so we shouldn't expect to burden you with a crazy project. But delegating between general areas for the swapping pool should be easy enough.

I would like to see everyone that can participate do so.

Bill

I'm in. Info sent. I hate shipping, its a hassle, but this seems fun. (maybe you'll get my stuff, weetabix) ;)

-what you are planning on giving ==> green montipora digitata, green montipora capricornis, kiwi montipora confusa(?) with brown polyps, purple montipora capricornis with purple polyps. All frags are fully encrusted on frags plugs, NOT fresh cuts.

Archived