Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Won't you be my Valentine?

arwndsh

Welcome Adin.

Alright everyone else heres a list of reminders:

1) Review shipping procedures is you are not comfortable with shipping

2) Activate heatpack before placing it in the box.

3) DO NOT make the box air tight or the heatpack will stop working.

4) DO NOT place the heat pack directly on the bags, place something between them like newspaper

5) WAIVE SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS

6) Send me the tracking number after shipping so I can post it so people will know when to look for their package.

7) Have fun!!!! :)

If you run into any problems or have any questions let me know.

shipping starts Monday!!!! :)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to add a little note to the above list, and I hope adinsxq doesn't kill me for this.

It's started to get a little warmer here in E. TN, to the point where I personally intend to exercise a little more care in choosing when to use heat packs.

I probably will continue to use them for a little while BUT here's what I do when I'm not sure if I need to use one in a shipment or not.

I go to www.weather.com and I look up the weather forecast for the zip code I'm shipping to. This is just a rough guideline, but if the high is 70 or higher and the low is 58 or higher, you might be able to get away without using a heat pack.

BustytheSnowMaam

I'm not sure who has me, but it might help me if you let me know what day you plan to ship so that I can plan to be home. It's very cold here right now and I wouldn't want it to sit outside for too long.

I'm not sure who has me, but it might help me if you let me know what day you plan to ship so that I can plan to be home. It's very cold here right now and I wouldn't want it to sit outside for too long.

If your person wants to let me know so that it stays a secret I will be happy to forward the info on to you or you could specify which day you would want to receive on.

I wanted to add a comment for any of you who may be planning to ship xenia.

Xenia is a notoriously poor shipper, but I have managed to ship some successfully once before.

I took a piece of styro and cut a hole in the middle just large enough to snugly fit the frag plug the xenia was on.

After placing the frag plug in the hole, I used rubberbands to make sure it was held in there securely and wouldn't slip loose.

Then I placed the whole contraption in the bag with the xenia facing the bottom of the bag, so that no matter which the bag was turned, the stryo would float on top of the water with the xenia dangling down.

If anyone else has had success with shipping xenia by another method, please feel free to add your technique.

BTW, this applies to anthelia too.

Going to meet my person locally here in a bit, just thought I'd post one of my crappy photos to show what he's getting:

DCP_4370.jpg

Tub #1:

green montipora capricornis w/green polyps

greeen montipora capricornis w/blue polyps

purple montipora capricornis w/purple polyps

green/kiwi montipora confusa w/brown polyps

Tub #2

green montipora digitata (thin branches, bright green)

green montipora digitata (thick branches, duller green)

pink acropora millepora (tunred greenish under my 20k light, but its really pink)

teal staghorn acropra

Tub#3 -- THE BONUS TUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

green pocillipora

"Forest fire" montipora digitata

"Pokerstar" montipora

Not bad, that's 11 kick-ass frags.

Well, I met Daniel and the hand-off went well (eg: he had no axe, Amber). Anyway, I hope he posts his thoughts on his pack here. I'm interested to see what he thinks. :-)

Well, I met Daniel and the hand-off went well (eg: he had no axe, Amber). Anyway, I hope he posts his thoughts on his pack here. I'm interested to see what he thinks. :-)

reaction: :bowdown:omgomgomg omgomgomg :wacko::blink: :blink: or something close to that....

AMAZING!!! I dont even know where to start!!! (Just picture me blubbering thanks and looking stunned, and you get the idea...) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post some pics in the feedback thread when I get over the shock...so much stuff!!

Glad to hear you're satisfied, and thanks again for meeting (and saving me from the hell that is shipping).

Enjoy your stuff, and share it with others when its big enough!

Now, I'm off to hope I have a really nice Cupid too! ;)

Thats good (but he had the puppy with him :) ) I'm glad everything went well. Hope this is a good sign for the rest of whats to come in the swap.

BustytheSnowMaam
If your person wants to let me know so that it stays a secret I will be happy to forward the info on to you or you could specify which day you would want to receive on.

Ooh, they must want it to be a secret. Now I'm intrigued ;)

i can't find my shipping bags. it's driving me crazy

You could always go to a LFS and beg or buy a couple of bags off of them, I've done that in a pinch before.

I HOPE EVERYTHING SURVIVES....

(MICRO BAGS = SCARY)

i'm going to miss this box... sniff

4iinah.jpg

OMG was that a mini I spy in one of those bags??? Is that the box you used to ship Daniel his birthday present in and that he used to ship yours back to you? If so :):DB)

Archived