ReefCleaners.org

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

lilredneckman
good additions. Yet I'm worried for you, xenia!!

Yeah thanks. Will have to post pics in a couple of mins. Why are you worried about the xenia? for it taking over

mandelbloom i have not had any heat issues with my RSM. I do keep the heater on always just because i have the ceiling fan on high at night and it gets cold. I personally would not add a maroon because they do get pretty big. Also dont worry about hijacking ;)

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman

Well here are a few pics of the new stuff. Today i also got a mag-float and some chemi-pure.

orange and blue ric

Picture007-2.jpg

My ric rock, the blue one is new also.

Picture008-2.jpg

And the ACAN!!

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

And the FTS

Picture013.jpg

If anyone could give a positive Id on the acan it would be great. Many thanks! hope you all like!

Well thanks for the complements. I knew it was a lord but is it an Indo or Aussi?

Don't know, looks like most of the indos I've seen. The only way I know of is to ask the lfs where it's from.

lilredneckman

Just got back from the lfs a little bit ago and got a decent sized colony of zoas. They are yellow rims and the middle is a light purple. I will upload pic tomorrow when they are fully open.

lilredneckman

Well i got a frag of some zoas from Nicks Reef. When i got home i decided i was going to make my own mixed zoa rock. Then i realized i don't have a good rock to make it out of. So i realized i had some old rock from in the 55 a long long time ago that i had chopped up for frags. It has been out of water for a few months so right now i am boiling the pieces and then i am gluing them together to make a custom rock, then i will glue zoas on it! I am sorry i diddn't get to the pics earlier but after i get this rock finished i will post pics of everything.

lilredneckman

Ok well heres some pics of some stuff

FTS

Picture015-1.jpg

Frags

Picture017-1.jpg

New zoa colony

Picture016.jpg

Blue ric

Picture025.jpg

Clown

Picture023-1.jpg

Big rock on top

Picture018.jpg

Hammer still doin good

Picture026.jpg

Close up of new zoas

Picture027.jpg

Soon to be zoa rock

Picture028-1.jpg

I will probably let this rock sure for about a week or so, then i will put in in the tank and glue some zoas to it. Right now it is in my grage with a garbage bag over it and a HOB filter for flow. Is that good?

Well Let me know what ya think!!!

lilredneckman
YW. Damn! Do they ship!?!

Naw, none of my LFS's ship. I will check again next time i go up there though. I go up about once a month.

Tank is looking great bro!

Thanks! I am glad everyone likes it.

lilredneckman

Well i am in the process of converting to a new salt mix. Red Sea Coral Pro. Right now i am using IO ( i know thats why i am changing) and was wondering if i should slowly introduce the new salt mix by still adding some Io into the first few batches? I have not bought the new salt mix yet but i will today or tomorrow.

lilredneckman

Well i decided to frag my green shroom. So i cut it off the rock and then into two pices. It was extreamly slimy and gooey. Right now they are back in the tank and have netting over them so they can attach to the rocks. Will post pics later.

How many gallons is thsi tank? I just added a coral beauty to my tank on Friday. I have a lot of corals and constantly adding more and so far I havn't seen any problme with them. AWESOME fish though. I hope he doesn't pick on anything, but if he does he's gone. I'm just making sure to feed him a lot so hes full.

lilredneckman

kind of kind of not. I cant really decide. I had the lfs order me a pair of Red Banded Gobies with a pistol and hopefully i will be getting that soon. But i really dont know.

lilredneckman

Ok thanks, Also what kind of coral do you have so far? Ill go take a look.

EDIT" do you have a thread on your AP? I couldn't find one

Archived