inTank Media Baskets

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

You DID get a nice colony of those blowpop zoas, good going!

Things are looking good.

I may get my little windowsill vase pico started soon, even without the heater, we'll see. I figure I can at least put sand, water, LR, and the pico HOB on it.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you caych those Blennys and do you know what kind they are? I'm from Michigan, we don't have that kind of stuff!!!!!

Nick's Reef
How did you caych those Blennys and do you know what kind they are? I'm from Michigan, we don't have that kind of stuff!!!!!

i'm pretty sure they're molly millers. We had a dip net with us and we were walking around the sand bar and saw that there was a channel marker on the edge of it. We took the dip net and swept around the base of the pillings and we just so happened to scoop up the blennies.

lilredneckman
You DID get a nice colony of those blowpop zoas, good going!

Things are looking good.

I may get my little windowsill vase pico started soon, even without the heater, we'll see. I figure I can at least put sand, water, LR, and the pico HOB on it.

Thanks! Yeah i got a decent deal on them and they have been growing like crazy! my pico gets really hot in the day with that stupid little pump on there and the lguht but if i put a small fan on it it gets cold! i just cant figure out what to do!

Yeah as Nick's Reef said, i think they are molly miller blennies. We had actually gotten 7 blennies but i only wanted two.

Well i got some real nice pics of my chalk bass and he is now completely out in the open but he is still getting used to things. I should have the pics up by tomorrow at about 5pm or so.

lilredneckman

Well i just got my new salt mix from marine depot. I got a 55g bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro. It was packaged nicely and it only too a week to get here.

lilredneckman

Well sorry i forgot to upload those pics sooner! Some how they all got deleted but there was one left so here it is. I was going to take more but he decided to hide.

DSC01765.jpg

lilredneckman
How about a new fts? I can't remember what it looks like.

Ok sure! Hes back out now so ill see if i can take a few more pics.

Ok sure! Hes back out now so ill see if i can take a few more pics.

Yeah, I can't remember what your tank looks like!!! I'll have to ask Nick's reef the same thing.

lilredneckman

Well heres the new pics. Sorry it took so long but i had to change the hubs on my brothers mud truck.

gorgeousgeorge004.jpg

gorgeousgeorge008.jpg

gorgeousgeorge009.jpg

gorgeousgeorge013.jpg

gorgeousgeorge014.jpg

gorgeousgeorge015.jpg

gorgeousgeorge017.jpg

gorgeousgeorge018.jpg

And just for you the FTS

gorgeousgeorge003.jpg

If anyone happens to quote me and sees that the pics names are gorgeous george that would be the name of my brother truck ( his gf named it) and i forgot to change the title.

lilredneckman
WOW! It's looking sweet. If I can add one tip...NEEDS MORE COLOR!!!!

EXACTLY! What should i add? Everything is ALOT brighter in person but my camera takes crappy pics and so do I. I am thinking about some kind of zoa colony but i really dont have the money.

EXACTLY! What should i add? Everything is ALOT brighter in person but my camera takes crappy pics and so do I. I am thinking about some kind of zoa colony but i really dont have the money.

A zoa colony is always nice. A frogspawn or a hammer like I have is easy and usually pretty cheap. It's hard to say, there's so much with color. I'm horrible with the camera too. I think my halide lights everything up.

Oh yeah, how did you make that think in your sig?

lilredneckman
A zoa colony is always nice. A frogspawn or a hammer like I have is easy and usually pretty cheap. It's hard to say, there's so much with color. I'm horrible with the camera too. I think my halide lights everything up.

Oh yeah, how did you make that think in your sig?

I took pics from my tank and and uploaded them into paint and copied sections out from the middles and then i copied the sections i took out of the original pic on to another paint and did it a few times to the other pics and then i uploaded them into photoshop and made it so there wasn't the white background thing.... geeze i am not good at explaining........ I made it so my pics linked together were the only part of the picture. Does this sound right? It took me a few hours because i diddnt know what i was doing but if you need help i may be able to help you or i could just do it for you.

Wow! You just lost me. I just noticed a lot of people have them. Did the people who have their name on the pics in the box do it the same way?

lilredneckman

I wish i new how to put my name on there but i just dont remember. I can make one for you if you can get me some pics.

lilredneckman
how is that new salt working out?

I don't know yet. I will be doing my water change tonight or tomorrow so i will let you know if i see anything different.

I wish i new how to put my name on there but i just dont remember. I can make one for you if you can get me some pics.

Thanks, but it's not really a big deal.

I'm interested to know what kind of salt you are using too. Iv'e always used IO but once I'm done with this box I;m gonna use the reef crystals. Any thoughts?

lilredneckman

Well i am switching from the dreaded IO!!! So i am switching to Red Sea coral Pro because i have heard good things about it. As for reef crystals i don't know too much about salts. Why not switch to red sea?

I don't know. I've herd that io reef crystals is good. It has a lot of trace elements, calicum and more. With that you don't have to supplement. Let me know how yours goes. i've never had a prob with reg io but figured I'd try something different.

lilredneckman
I don't know. I've herd that io reef crystals is good. It has a lot of trace elements, calicum and more. With that you don't have to supplement. Let me know how yours goes. i've never had a prob with reg io but figured I'd try something different.

Ok, i am going to do my WC today so well see if theres any results. I have never had any problems with IO either but i want to have good calcium levels so i don't have to dose because i really don't want to.

Archived