Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was also looking super close at my new acro and saw a hitchhiker sps crab! hes white with a black line on his head.

Wow, great score! I'd love to see one of those guys!

Great looking acro, and that new rock fits into your scape nicely. I sure love that 'scape!

--Diane

lilredneckman
Looking good! Hows that cheato working out for ya? :)

Well the cheato seems to be working, i don't really have any algae it is is growing like crazy! I just had to trim it the other day because it was growing out of the holder and a tad of it was turning white.

Looks good, I really like the shape of the aquascaping! Once everything starts growing in it will really look awesome!

THANKS! i just had to move the trumpet to underneath the hammer because it was getting to much flow with the new korilia 2 and you could see its skeleton.

Wow, great score! I'd love to see one of those guys!

Great looking acro, and that new rock fits into your scape nicely. I sure love that 'scape!

--Diane

If you want i could take the acro out and shake it a little bit and see if he falls out into a tub or something and take a picture. Also the acro is now getting full polyps extension and is very happy now.

I am glad i added the new rock, Even though it is white it just really fits in well. I cant wait till it gets covered with zoas and coralline.

What kind of lighting do you have? I was thinking of starting some acros but I I'm not sure if I have enough. I have a 70 Watt halide over a 24g.

lilredneckman

I have stock lighting which is 110wats of t-5s over a 34g. I get about 4 whats a gallon and i have to keep the sps near the top. The only reason i am keeping some SPS is because StevieT does in his RSM and they are fine near the top. I have no idea if you have enough light. It seems like it would not really be enough though.

If you want i could take the acro out and shake it a little bit and see if he falls out into a tub or something and take a picture. Also the acro is now getting full polyps extension and is very happy now.

Aw, don't bother it on my account! Maybe someday you'll get a shot in situ. :)

--Diane

Hey lilredneckman, I started a thread. Just to let you know. The links in my sig. OBTW, my Coral Beauty is still doing great!

lilredneckman
Hey lilredneckman, I started a thread. Just to let you know. The links in my sig. OBTW, my Coral Beauty is still doing great!

Alright thanks! Ill have to take a look at it in a minute.

Well this week i have had the flu and alot of downtime. I took some decent photos and even started an aquarium log! Heres some of the shots

New hammer finished eating

DSC01684.jpg

And shots of my hammers

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

Bristle worm

DSC01705.jpg

Hermit shots

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

Xenia

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

Baby rics

DSC01715.jpg

Clown in my soapdish AGAIN! He likes it in there. I pushed it up until the top was out of the water after i got him out in this picture but he jumped right over the top and back in again.

DSC01719.jpg

My cute puppy Lightning sleeping in my room during the rainstorm

DSC01711.jpg

That's no puppy! Does that soap dish thing act as a refugium? What is that green stuff called again and how does having a refugium help the tank?

lilredneckman
Has rocky the racoon been coming at getting lighting all riled up?

Well it was coming every night until it got in a huge fight with lightning. Poor pups got her nose bit. You should have seen the coon, it was COVERED in blood! Suprisingly it diddnt die but not it comes in the mornings real early, like at 5am.

That's no puppy! Does that soap dish thing act as a refugium? What is that green stuff called again and how does having a refugium help the tank?

Yes the soapdish does act as my fuge. I actully do not know to much about fuges but i heard cheato helps take out extra nutrients in the waster so no unwanted algae grows. And it seems to be doing its trick because i have very minimal algae. And yes the green stuff is the cheato.

That tank is really coming along! When you are ready for our trades let me know....

Thanks! I am pleased with it. This weekend i will be getting a flame angel from Nick's Reef's dad. What kind of trades are you up for?

haha....I like how the clown jumped his way into the CHateo.....perhaps letting his primal side get to him and hunt down some pods in there !?

lilredneckman
Tank looks good!

Be careful with the flamer, 1 out of 2 are nippers!

Yeah this one shouldnt nip though because Nick's dad has had him in a 75g for a while now and he has left all of the corals alone. If he does decide to pick at stuff i will just put him in my 55g with no corals.

your tank looks really good. very interesting thread! :)

Thanks! nice tank yourself!

lilredneckman

Well i decided to not get the flame. He is pretty large and i dont really want to worry about him knocking everything over either.

On another note my brown and gree hammer ( not the new one) has taken a turn for the worse. Last night when i went to bed it had brown jelly over it and did not look good. This morning the skeleton was complety visible and looked horribe. It looks a tad better this afternoon but the whole skeleton is still visible.

lilredneckman

Well my new zoas from last weekend are open and i just got back from the lfs and got a chalk bass and a scarlet hermit. I will have to take some pics later!

lilredneckman

Well last night i still hadn't seen my new fish so i took ALL of the rocks out searching for him. I did not find him.

When i was putting all of the rocks back in i could not get it to looks the exact same but i got pretty close to it. I actually think it looks better but we'll see what you all think. I went over to nicks reef's house on friday and me him and his mom got bored so we just started fragging everything. I think i ended up with 2 zoa frags and one clove frag. Then saturday we went fishing and caught 4 dolphin. On the way in we stopped at a sand bar and i caught 2blennies. They are really cute and tiny and still alive this morning. I will have pics up of everything later.

So this morning i turned my lighs on and i saw my clown and my 2 blennies cruising around. Then i thought i saw my chalk bass! So i get out of bed and i think i saw him again! and then he turns around and hes alive!!!!!!!! He must have been in one of the rocks when i took them out of the water looking for him. I am so excited that he lives!! He is very nervous and is still getting used to the tank. I will try to take some pics of him later.

lilredneckman

Well heres a ton of new pics of new and old stuff!

Fish:

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

Corals

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

DSC01744.jpg