Pod Your Reef

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

lilredneckman
Your tank is looking tight nice work.

Thanks monk! Last night i removed a big sundial snail from my zoas!!!!!!!!! AHHHH I saw him while i was diping all of my zoas because some have zoa fungus so i just treated them all. He was on the big colony of yellow ones. I looked for more but did not see any. I sure will be keeping a close eye out though!

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman

Well i finally got my hands on a yellow ric!!! It took a while to find one but i finally got him. i am going to feed him every night and hope he grows huge!! I also got a nice zoa frag i just could not resist. I have id them as "Safecrackers". Theres about 15-20 of them. Heres some pics of them!

New zoas

DSC01869.jpg

RIC ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

Hope you like them as much as i do!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick's Reef

Oh so that's your yellow ric, I'm not that jealous. I've seen those but as usualy with all the crazy rics i want they were on a huge rock! :angry: As for the zoos they look like a morph of whammin' watermelons.

Is anybody really interested in this thread anymore? What could i do to make it more enjoyable?

I AM BRO!!! Don't feel bad... I feel like I'm the only one following my tank thread as well!!!

Tank is looking great... I love that yellow Ric!

noobofreefs
Is anybody really interested in this thread anymore? What could i do to make it more enjoyable?

Yeah I am! I Just haven't really gotten around to replying to it...remember I read it cover to cover? I've been busy with my tank...

Your tank looks great! I love the Ric island and that yellow is definitely my favorite! Those zoas are cool, and as I read your thread I can just see how your photography has been improving!

Your tank looks great, hopefully I can get mine to look this good...

NOR

Well, I'm certainly jealous of that yellow ric! IME they are awfully hard to find, and really different looking. In fact, I'm jealous of your entire ric island! :D

Don't feel like the lone ranger. There are just too many threads to keep up on, and it's hard to pick up new lookers. As for all the people whose threads I should be looking at, I will do so just as soon as I catch up with all the threads I'm already on! :( (Sound familiar?)

--Diane

lilredneckman

RESPONSE POST

Oh so that's your yellow ric, I'm not that jealous. I've seen those but as usualy with all the crazy rics i want they were on a huge rock! :angry: As for the zoos they look like a morph of whammin' watermelons.

Eh i am pretty sure there safecrackers, just take a look on Zoa id.

Very nice!!!

Thanks ocho I really really like the new zoas, right now i am battling zoafungus so i wasnt really thinking when i bought these new ones!

I AM BRO!!! Don't feel bad... I feel like I'm the only one following my tank thread as well!!!

Tank is looking great... I love that yellow Ric!

Thanks for the complements!

I feel the same way. It seems like the only people who respond to is is you, Nick's Reef and Weetie.

Well the usuals is normally Nicks Reef, You, And c est ma. But i guess there is other poeple looking but just not always replying. Now i kind of feel bad so i am going to go look and reply to a bunch of other peoples threads including all of yours.

Yeah I am! I Just haven't really gotten around to replying to it...remember I read it cover to cover? I've been busy with my tank...

Your tank looks great! I love the Ric island and that yellow is definitely my favorite! Those zoas are cool, and as I read your thread I can just see how your photography has been improving!

Your tank looks great, hopefully I can get mine to look this good...

NOR

Thanks! I really need to go look at your tank and see how it is coming along! I am sure you could get it to looking this good and then some! Trust me if i had the money i would have bought about 50 rics yesterday!

Well, I'm certainly jealous of that yellow ric! IME they are awfully hard to find, and really different looking. In fact, I'm jealous of your entire ric island! :D

Don't feel like the lone ranger. There are just too many threads to keep up on, and it's hard to pick up new lookers. As for all the people whose threads I should be looking at, I will do so just as soon as I catch up with all the threads I'm already on! :( (Sound familiar?)

--Diane

Thanks Diane. This is the second time i have seen them but the first time there were about 15 of them covering a huge rock for like $120. This one was only $15!!! I hope some day i can get my tank to look as good as yours! Do you do anything special to get your rics to grow so fast? I hope some of mine eventually split!

I do realize that there are tons of other threads to keep up on but it just makes you feel kind of lonely.

lilredneckman

AHHHHHHHHH one of the orange rics i had cut that was attached to a snail shell and now theres a hermit living in it! And now hes walking around!!

noobofreefs

Weird! Pics?

At first I thought you meant hermit on my ric, but I read it again and didn't really expect to hear about a ric on a hermit...odd..

pics!

AHHHHHHHHH one of the orange rics i had cut that was attached to a snail shell and now theres a hermit living in it! And now hes walking around!!

Sweet. Post some pics!!!!

That's HILARIOUS!!!!

If only I could bring my new cam over to score some cool pics! :P

Nice find on the zoas and I really like your ric island.

Don't feel bad that I haven't commented lately.

Life's been kinda crazy for me lately and I've been feeling pretty tired and overwhelmed and haven't been keeping up with as many tank threads.

Well, obviously, whining worked.

Just kidding! :lol:

Thanks Diane. This is the second time i have seen them but the first time there were about 15 of them covering a huge rock for like $120. This one was only $15!!! I hope some day i can get my tank to look as good as yours! Do you do anything special to get your rics to grow so fast? I hope some of mine eventually split!

$15??!! I just got a whole lot jealouser. :D

I feed my rics but not really often, because I don't have a lot of space! IME some multiply much faster than others--some kind of genetic trait, I suspect.

Well, tell him it likes low flow, not too much light...

--Diane

lilredneckman
That's HILARIOUS!!!!

If only I could bring my new cam over to score some cool pics! :P

Nice find on the zoas and I really like your ric island.

Don't feel bad that I haven't commented lately.

Life's been kinda crazy for me lately and I've been feeling pretty tired and overwhelmed and haven't been keeping up with as many tank threads.

Thanks Weetie!

Yeah i got some pics but they are pretty bad. Yesterday i learned how to crack a bull whip and i really screwed up my neck badly! I can barley tun and it takes forever to get out of bed. I got 2 hrs of sleep last night.

Well, obviously, whining worked.

Just kidding! :lol:

Lol i guess it did! :P

$15??!! I just got a whole lot jealouser. :D

I feed my rics but not really often, because I don't have a lot of space! IME some multiply much faster than others--some kind of genetic trait, I suspect.

I hope that is i just leave mine along and feed them alot they will multiply!

Well, tell him it likes low flow, not too much light...

LOL!!!!!! :haha: :haha: I seriously just laughed out loud! I think i am going to have to take a razor blade to the ric and get him off of there because the ric is extremely stressed and sliming all over. Right now the hermit is in my soapdish because i can barley tun my head to frag it! I am going crazy not being able to do anything, i am so frustrated!!!

--Diane

Nick's Reef
Thanks Weetie!

Yeah i got some pics but they are pretty bad. Yesterday i learned how to crack a bull whip and i really screwed up my neck badly! I

Who the hell taught you this?!?!? Was is Steve and Forest or did Matt come home from college?

lilredneckman
Who the hell taught you this?!?!? Was is Steve and Forest or did Matt come home from college?

Brianna taught me and mat did come home from collage. My neck hurts so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. I woke up once and I couldn't even get out of bed. My neck was so messed up! And only from sleeping on it wrong.

lilredneckman
I know. I woke up once and I couldn't even get out of bed. My neck was so messed up! And only from sleeping on it wrong.

Yup that happened to me a couple months ago and felt just like this but alot worse. I am feeling a tad better today so i think i should be able to frag the ric of the hermit shell and hopefully take some decent pics before i frag it.

Sorry about your neck! :o

--Diane

Thanks Diane. Thankfully i am able to get out of bed pretty quickly and i am up and walking around a little bit.

Archived