Top Shelf Aquatics

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

Uhh i am so torn and confused!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else had good results with the furan2?

I will go look for a rubber maid container right now.

Should i make up some new water for the zoas or take some from the 5g?

i would use a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of your tank water and new water.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman

Well i guess i will be using a square bucket thing. I has had some type of horse food in it but i washed it out really well WITHOUT soap. Do you think that will be ok?

I'd mix up new water cause you never know it really could be the water in the 5g.

hmm good point, i just would think that completly (sp) new water would shock the zoas, meh JMO

How bout putting a trash bag inside the horse food container mix up new water put the zoos in and stick a light over em.

Well i'm on the phone with him right now and he said that everything else is happy in his 5g right now so he'll let the zoos be. btw i had to post this for him cause his comp isn't working.

Well i'm on the phone with him right now and he said that everything else is happy in his 5g right now so he'll let the zoos be. btw i had to post this for him cause his comp isn't working.

ok then. but let him know its always handy to have a QT tank ready to go from now on, ittl will save him alot of hassle and loss.

lilredneckman
ok then. but let him know its always handy to have a QT tank ready to go from now on, ittl will save him alot of hassle and loss.

Well i got my comp up again, but it is going reallllllll slow. I think that i am going to keep the 5g tank up and order a new bulb tomorrow. I will keep it as my Qt tank. Thanks for all the help, time for me to go take some advil and drink some beers.

lilredneckman

Well i just went and got a new light for the 5g and it looks like about 5 zoas are starting to open. Thanks for all of the advice everyone, i really should have posted this in pics reefs on my thread but no one ever looks at it.

lilredneckman

Well its been a few days i i decided it was time for an update! For the past few days and i have been testing and the levels have been zero since Tuesday and i will hopefully add a SMALL CUC Sunday.

lilredneckman

Well i got the new light and most of them have open but there is still a few that have not. My guess is that they were angry because a snail had died in the tank and i did not know it until a few days after it was dead. I have done a few water changes and i think that is what has helped alot.

I heard on here that other people had problems when snails died that there zoas were not opening up so i figured that was the problem.

I will be adding that rock to this tank this weekend.

Sweet!! glad everything worked out for ya. R u going 2 upgrade ur lighting so u can keep clams or other coral??

With a RSM you don't need to upgrade the lighting to keep a clam or even most SPS corals. As long as they are in the upper 1/3 of the tank they are fine.

UH

lilredneckman
With a RSM you don't need to upgrade the lighting to keep a clam or even most SPS corals. As long as they are in the upper 1/3 of the tank they are fine.

UH

Well uh what he said!

Lol thanks UH! I forgot that i could keep a clam.

lilredneckman
thanks let me know if its worth the money

Either ive taken to many meds or i don't understand. What do you mean by let you know if it is worth the money? the clam?

BTW im sick the why i am takin meds ;)

I vote yes. It is a great looking tank, the lighting is strong, the filtration is sufficient, curved glass is sexy and the stand is ample.

There are other options, many would argue you can get more with a finnex and or cadlights, they have their reasons, but the RSM is a professionally built piece of machinery. The finnex and cad are more of a kit tank.... Look at them all before buying to make sure you get what you are looking for. I love my RSM

lilredneckman

Well i got bored and decided to take some pics. Do not flame me.

I added 2 mushrooms yesterday.

Picture119-1.jpg

Red one

Picture120-1.jpg

Green one sorry its blurry but the position it is in is hard to capture.

........... ;)

lilredneckman
looking good

Thanks.

I was wondering... i went to the lfs today to browse around and say a small hammer so i got it. Would it be to soon to add it to the RSM or should i just keep it in the 5g for now?

you're over 4 weeks on the cycle right? water perams good?

If so, then add it, just watch it, if it's not looking hot then throw it in the 5g

Archived