Innovative Marine Aquariums

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i got bored so i decided to make up my stocking list.

FISH

pair of red banded gobys

pair of clowns

maby one other fish but i have not decided yet (if so probably a coral beauty)

CORALS

Tons of zoas/palys

hammer

mushrooms

ricordia

red monti

few acans (maby)

GSP

duncan

INVERTS

10 blue legged hermits

1 pepperment shrimp

5 turbos

10 nass

7 ceriths

1 emerald crab

MACRO ALGAE

halamedia

cheato

Well i think that is it.

Sounds like a good list but the coral beauty may nip at your lps and sps corals. Also where is the shrimp for the gobies? :D

That is one quality drawing !!! haha, no i do undersand what you mean. Hidding it with rock is a good idea, i don't know if it will effect the flow around the cheato, but it will look nice. I would love to get some, but i dont' like the way it looks inside a reef tank. It sure helps though !

Sounds like a good list but the coral beauty may nip at your lps and sps corals. Also where is the shrimp for the gobies? :D
I have a coral beauty in my RSM and so far so good. He does nip but mostly at rock and the algae on my gorgs, he doesn't touch the corals.
lilredneckman

Lol i am not sure that i will get the coral beauty but it is just a possibility. I might get a shrimp for the gobies, not sure though.

That is one quality drawing !!! haha, no i do undersand what you mean. Hidding it with rock is a good idea, i don't know if it will effect the flow around the cheato, but it will look nice. I would love to get some, but i dont' like the way it looks inside a reef tank. It sure helps though !I have a coral beauty in my RSM and so far so good. He does nip but mostly at rock and the algae on my gorgs, he doesn't touch the corals.

Yeah i hate the way it looks in a reef tank but i guess it is just something to get over considering on how much it helps.

Do you think if i fed the coral beauty twice a week with some sort of algae or something he would stay away from the corals? I guess it is just a risk i have to take for getting a beautiful fish.

It should be fine if you feed it. They eat EVERYTHING!!! mine loves mysis, brine, flake etc..... he eats with my other fish. I love the way he looks and swims.

lilredneckman
It should be fine if you feed it. They eat EVERYTHING!!! mine loves mysis, brine, flake etc..... he eats with my other fish. I love the way he looks and swims.

Sweet!

How many fish do you have in your RSM?

Coral Beauty, Purple firefish, yellow watchman, pajama cardinal, black clown

peppermint shrimp, snails, crabs

I am all stocked up with fish, and my rock is getting full of corals, not much room for more...

The cardinal came from my old tank, i don't exactly like him, but he is a trooper and with me from the start ! pepermint and some of the crabs and snails made the move as well.

lilredneckman

If i kept up with the water changes each week you think i could have a yellow clown goby? for some odd reason i really like those little guys.

If i kept up with the water changes each week you think i could have a yellow clown goby? for some odd reason i really like those little guys.

They are so small i don't think it would be a problem. :D

lilredneckman
I love them too, i wish I would have found one earlier.

Yes, you'll be fine. As far as I know they are small and your tank is perfect. Weekly waterchanges are important not only for bio load but for corals.

little info:

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...tid=161&N=0

Thanks for the link. If i have trouble feeding him what should i do, try cyclopeeze, and live brine?

Thanks for the link. If i have trouble feeding him what should i do, try cyclopeeze, and live brine?

Anytime i've had a picky eater i just used mysis, and they eat everytime! :D

The little yellow clown gobys can be finicky eaters, alot of it seems to do with how small their mouth is. Alot of the flakes and granules they can't fit into their mouth. And if they do, alot of times they spit it out. I have found that mine seems to like Cyclops/cylopeeze the best. It is tiny and easy for him to eat. Also, your corals will love the cyclopeeze too.

lilredneckman
The little yellow clown gobys can be finicky eaters, alot of it seems to do with how small their mouth is. Alot of the flakes and granules they can't fit into their mouth. And if they do, alot of times they spit it out. I have found that mine seems to like Cyclops/cylopeeze the best. It is tiny and easy for him to eat. Also, your corals will love the cyclopeeze too.

ok thanks.

Do you think that he will be so small that i will barley see him in a 34g tank?

lilredneckman

Well i lied,i went fishing instead. Today i will hopefully getting more rock, probably about 15-20 lbs. I will post pics tomorrow if i get it.

lilredneckman
Did you get any?

Yes i did, i got 14 lbs. Now in all i have 24lbs. Here are some pics of the new aquascape and rock.

FTS

Picture108.jpg

And just some other shots.

Picture109.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Yes i did, i got 14 lbs. Now in all i have 24lbs. Here are some pics of the new aquascape and rock.

FTS

Picture108.jpg

And just some other shots.

Picture109.jpg

Picture110.jpg

you may want to rethink your aquascape, it worries me that the rocks on top may fall over

Top two rocks look a little precarious. Are they stable, hate to see them fall over on some coral or other livestock later. Nice looking rock though.

+1 its gr8 quality rock, also this is JMO, but it seems that your aquascape will leave deadspots in your tank.

Just My 0.02

-Trevor

lilredneckman

Well i did another aquascape. Lol i hope you don't think it looks like sh!t.I will be adding a zoo rock on the left in that open space after i cycle.

Picture111.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture112-1.jpg

Well i did another aquascape. Lol i hope you don't think it looks like sh!t.I will be adding a zoo rock on the left in that open space after i cycle.

Picture111.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture112-1.jpg

much better :happy: and if you dont like this aquascape for any reason, your rocks would be perfect for a cove aquascape

lilredneckman

I also sliced my hand open on some rock. I washed it out well with soap and put some crap on it. Hopefully it wont get infected. Maby i should start wearing gloves....

Archived