Pod Your Reef

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

They look just like peanut butter cups, but they have green around the orange.......I think this may be because I have them under metal halide, but I seem to remember them being the same color when I got them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh those Montis are amazing! The red Monti cap up front :bowdown: I wish I had enough space for some of those in my 24, they are my favorite SPS, which is good because I hear they are easier than most as far as SPS are concerned. Nice tank

SeeDemTails

cfiest, thanks!

They are easy, but can develop bacterial infections, but are easily cured with iodine dips. I have grown that red cap colony from a piece the size of a silver dollar!

SeeDemTails
Awesome tank man!!!

Really cool - I love the montis and zoas!

Thanks!....except I'm not a man! ;)

SeeDemTails

Ok so I have had the last week off and I did a bunch of work to the tank, moving and placing, aquiring new corals, and finally scraping all the coralline off the glass.

Here are a few pics! I am starting to really figure out this new camera/camcorder I got. It is a sony HDR SR 5 high def camcorder with 4 mp digital still, but as you can see, it does a WHOLE lot with those 4mp. Great camera!

Eagle eyes finally exposed right

DSC01525.JPG

Green bay packer in the middle of my blue green palys

DSC01526.JPG

Candy apple pinks

DSC01527.JPG

Eye of rahs mixed with some other cool zoa

DSC015281.JPG

DSC01529.JPG

True fire and ices

DSC01530.JPG

DSC01531.JPG

Nuke greens

DSC01532.JPG

DSC01533.JPG

Green digitata

DSC01534.JPG

Green cap, another coral that I finally got the exposure right on, really tough to photograph!

DSC015351.JPG

Mean greens and some other type mixed in

DSC01536.JPG

Deep water purple green A. Vaughani?

DSC01537.JPG

Aussie Delicate?

DSC015381.JPG

Rose mille

DSC01539.JPG

Blue mille

DSC01540.JPG

Pink Stylophora

DSC01541.JPG

Monster lips

DSC01542.JPG

Mystery acro, its white/beige white really light pink growth tips

DSC01543.JPG

Green pocillopora

DSC01544.JPG

SeeDemTails

DSC01547.JPG

Elkhorn monti

DSC01558.JPG

Cap that keeps changing colors, it is a purple rimmed green

DSC01557.JPG

New additions:

Green slimer

DSC01546.JPG

I think these might be bam bams, but they are even more orange than that! One of the brightest zoas I have ever seen! Pics dont do justice!

DSC01553.JPG

And of course some mandarin feeding.

DSC01556.JPG

DSC01555.JPG

DSC01554.JPG

And some of the new 5.5 rimless...

DSC01552.JPG

DSC01549.JPG

SeeDemTails

I cant take one in the day time becasue of glare from the windows, and I forget every night. I will get one soon!

I had to take the green digi back off the rock because it just wasnt getting enough light to the lower branches where I had to put it. I am gonna break it in half and keep the top part as my display colony and the bottom part I am gonna frag up for trades. I will have a dozen or so 2" frags of neon green digi if anyone wants to trade in a month or so.

SeeDemTails

Ok I have not been home early enough at night for the past couple days to get a FTS....So I asked my hubby to snap one, and of course he did it right away after I got off the phone with him and got the glare from the window I have been trying to avoid, but here it is until I get a better one!

DSC01562.JPG

davidr2340
Ok I have not been home early enough at night for the past couple days to get a FTS....So I asked my hubby to snap one, and of course he did it right away after I got off the phone with him and got the glare from the window I have been trying to avoid, but here it is until I get a better one!

DSC01562.JPG

Hmmm... Looks pretty damn good, even with that glare!!! ;)

Screename_116

What kind of lighting are you using? I know you said you had one 150, did you get another? What color?

SeeDemTails

Thanks david!

The tank is almost 2 years old now.....but is only about a month or so into its new home, but already all the corals are showing good growth.

I am using 1 150w 14k phoenix...I plan on adding another one as soon as I get my check!

Awesome after a Move... B)

Ive got a little cyano on my right sand bed thanks to a Seio

churning up the Sand...LOL

Izzue

SeeDemTails

Thanks!

I am fragging the green digitata tonight probably. I am also making red monti cap frags so I can clean my glass again.

Also, as soon as I get my stimulus check I am getting another 150w halide for it, which should really brighten things up, like my branchy coral growth, particularly the digitatas and acros.

I have two mj 1200's on each side and one mj 900 in the middle, hooked up to a natural wave. It keeps the sand really churned up and white.

Thanks!

I am fragging the green digitata tonight probably. I am also making red monti cap frags so I can clean my glass again.

Also, as soon as I get my stimulus check I am getting another 150w halide for it, which should really brighten things up, like my branchy coral growth, particularly the digitatas and acros.

I have two mj 1200's on each side and one mj 900 in the middle, hooked up to a natural wave. It keeps the sand really churned up and white.

LOL, I wonder how many hardcore reefers like ourselves didn't use their stimulus checks to get gizmos for their tanks. Mine bought me a Litermeter III and an Aquacontroller.

I think you will be pleased with the results of adding a second light. My tank really took off when I added a second light to it, and it is has roughly the same overhead cross-section as yours.

glennr1978
LOL, I wonder how many hardcore reefers like ourselves didn't use their stimulus checks to get gizmos for their tanks. Mine bought me a Litermeter III and an Aquacontroller.

I didn't. Mine is still sitting in the bank.....where I plan to keep it for a while. I'm trying to get a LMIII for fathers day though ;) .

Archived