ReefCleaners.org

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elite Twit

Great pics. I love that cap can't wait to get my new lighting so I can put one in the spot I'm saving for it.

I haven't got my check either. I think I'm one of the last ones going by that list they said. Last two digits of your social security number.

You're tank is ridiculously cool.

If you're ever looking for an awesome custom acrylic tank taht you have some cool idea for, I would be interested in building you one at somewhere near cost if you would keep a thread on it like this one!

Also - I have 5 really awesome monti caps growing in my 30g custom reef setup, the coolest one probably being neon green with bright blue polyps, once they grow alittle, maybe monti swap??

Awesome pics on the previous page! I love the collection of zoas you have. :D

And your 5.5 rimless almost resembles my AA 10g custom AIO tank I set up recently.

SeeDemTails

Thank you sir!

Yeah, you see what I am talking about now, I put a bunch more corals in it.....It sure is easy to stock a 5.5 quick! I am also getting better lighting and putting a half canopy on it, like I kinda explained to you before.

Thank you sir!

Yeah, you see what I am talking about now, I put a bunch more corals in it.....It sure is easy to stock a 5.5 quick! I am also getting better lighting and putting a half canopy on it, like I kinda explained to you before.

Right, I remember that discussion! I'm still eager to see the end result! And I agree, my AA AIo is already pretty stocked full. =/ I'm pretty close to getting the DIY 70w MH over the tank, just got to find a proper base to mount the security light to. I'm pretty confident of one I found at Wal-Mart of all places, I just gotta check it out in person to see if it'll actually suffice or not. I HATE having good parts sitting around doing nothing, lol!

SeeDemTails

Yeah, I may go that route sooner than later, I looked at those fixtures the other day.

SeeDemTails

Lol I forgive ya, but only if you think about trading me some of them nifty corals you got sometime! :P

How do you like the new tank location compared to the see thru location in the previous house? (I miss the look of the see thru!) Tank looks good in either place though you have some beautiful coral.

SeeDemTails

Sweet you got me thinking nugz!

Thanks spanko, I really like the new location better because it is in my living room so I get to look at it all the time. The old location was between my kitchen sink and my hallway to the back door. I only got to look at it when I did the dishes lol. Plus, to show people the tank, you had to take them too it....in the living room you cant help but to look at it!

SeeDemTails

Yeah, It will when it is ready, probably next week. It has corals and a cute little baby ora orchid dottyback in it now!

I will post some pics of it later.

I got some awesome new corals from yardboy too, I will take some pics of them tonight!

Yeah, It will when it is ready, probably next week. It has corals and a cute little baby ora orchid dottyback in it now!

I will post some pics of it later.

I got some awesome new corals from yardboy too, I will take some pics of them tonight!

I <3 orchid dottybacks! Actually i'm trying to aquire an ORA Indigo dottyback. Talk about uber coolness!

SeeDemTails

We have a big indigo in one of our displays at the shop. They are cool.

I had a Neon for years, I really like dottybacks when you have the tank for them.

They never seem to last more than a few months for me, then they go MIA. :( They aren't jumping though...

SeeDemTails

Ok time for a bunch of photos!

Now that my tank is growing again I will start off with some growth pics! :D

Blue polyp purple base Monti cap, growing quickly!

4/14

DSC01454.JPG

05/31

DSC01579.JPG

This is for the orange envys and the pink panthers, not next to each other anymore.

4/14

DSC01472.JPG

5/31

OE's

DSC01593.JPG

PP's on left

DSC01591.JPG

I dont know what these are but they like to grow!

4/14

DSC01473.JPG

5/31

DSC01596.JPG

Nuke Greens

4/14

DSC01468.JPG

5/31

DSC01592.JPG

Green monti cap

4/14

DSC01458.JPG

5/31

DSC01595.JPG

Ok enough growth pics, more cool stuff!

Here is a nice what is it for you all!...It has clear polyps with white tips, a tan base, and the new growth is orange....SUPER COOL! I think it is some kind of encrusting porities of montipora, what do you think?

DSC01590.JPG

One of my favorties, eye of rahs!

DSC01594.JPG

Lettin it ride sideways

DSC01597.JPG

Finished up the trim around the bottom, starting to look sleek.

DSC016011.JPG

I like your collection of zoanthids.

Do you really have a sailfin tang and a mandarin in your 37 gallon?

SeeDemTails

Yeah, I sure do. The tang is approaching its limit even though it still has plenty of swimming room, and I will be moving it to my 60 hex for its next couple years.

The mandarin is almost 4 months into the tank, and no signs of starvation what so ever. I feed it mysis or chopped shrimp every other day out of a tube....check out the feeding pics on page 11. The tank is also 2 years old, has a massive pod population and no other pod hunting fish.

Thanks, I have 19 types right now and counting.

Here are a few of the 5.5 rimless, 2.75 g of display volume.

growth already.

The tank started as a 5.5, and I divided it with a false back. It has no skimmer, just a 300gph pump with a split return, and the overflow is back into the rear area zero edge style.

I plan on redoing the rockwork, and making a hood for it. All to come!

Here are a few snap shots for now, a few corals and a cute little baby orchid dottyback.

DSC01603.JPG

DSC01618.JPG

SeeDemTails

Thanks, I love watching stuff grow!

A few months and it will start looking grown out.

I had a rockwork accident, one piece slipped and my elkhorn monti broke, so it will have to grow back!

German blue digitata and purple death plays are coming tomorrow!

I also finally ordered my second 150w halide. Cant wait to see how it looks with twice the shine!

I am setting up a standard 29 with a 20L sump. Your use of the orange (red??????? what's the difference?) cap as the centerpiece is exactly what I plan to do. I also liked your canyon aquascape and hope/plan to do something like that.

So, what IS the difference between an orange or red cap? I am having a tough time deciding between that and the green with purple rim variety.

Please check out my thread.

Archived