Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

Picture time!....You know I cant go more than a week or two! :D

M. Confusa

DSC01676.JPG

Rainbow really putting some blue on now that the second halide is right over it! Also, check out the new growth under the colony!

DSC01677.JPG

Close up of the new growth....I really love Bow montis!

DSC01678.JPG

Elkhorn Monti

DSC01679.JPG

Idaho Grape, also really growing fast and really getting purple with the second halide.

DSC01680.JPG

DSC01683.JPG

Green Birdsnest now on the rocks

DSC01681.JPG

Pink Birdsnest growing quick!

DSC01682.JPG

Big green digi colony

DSC01685.JPG

Green Pocillopora

DSC01686.JPG

Acropora Austera...I havent got much growth out of this coral because it wasnt getting enough light. Its up high now and loving it!

DSC01687.JPG

Aussie Delicate starting to poke out from the shade....I give it motivation to grow fast by forcing it to reach towards the light lol.

DSC01688.JPG

Pink Stylophora, really pinking up, its the only non acro that is that close to the MH, it loves it so far.

DSC01689.JPG

Blue Mille growing like a weed.

DSC01690.JPG

Both my mille's, the rose is HUGE!

DSC01691.JPG

Top downs

DSC01692.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! You inspire us all! Your tank has such nice SPS growth. I like how you have the acro "reaching for the light" . Tank of the month soon? At least cap shot of the month, that thing is so sweet, especially seeing how small it was. Thanks again for the help on Friday, Im afraid the Tech-D was too late, I had to frag it on Saturday, the RTN got much worse! New frags are doing very well. Check out the Pokerstar Monti I got from a LFS for 40$ on my page, its bigger then a golf ball. Pics are horrible, sorry, but I get married in 20 days so hopefully the Nikon D70 on our registry gets bought! Oh, B-ionic is such good stuff, thanks on the heads up, my corals show me how much happier they are now.

SeeDemTails
Tank of the month soon?

Thanks so much! :wub: .....I really am striving for that one day, but I would be upset if I got it now because I have so much more to do to the tank!

The Idaho Grape is REALLY starting to color up

I KNOW!!!! I am loving it.....I think it is my favorite monti right now no doubt.....I captured the colors perfectly in the photos, it is sooo purple....Dont tell my rainbow, or the hulk, or the blue or orange digis though lol.....I have way to many favorites!

Delicate is looking good huh L?!

And thanks to everyone else. I really have always been a SPS girl and now that my tank is mature and running perfect, I cant stop myself from cramming them in there.....I have 29 types of SPS right now.

Ordering my current usa 1/15hp chiller tomorrow, I think!

SeeDemTails

I love looking at old pics and seeing how corals have grown! I could do this with all my colonies but I will pic a few of my faves!

Here are a few growth shots of my colonys!

Birdsnest on 06/11

DSC01663.JPG

Birdsnest on 06/29

DSC01682.JPG

This was the Idaho Grape on 12/12/07....Hard to beleive huh!?!

IMG_0408.JPG

Then on 04/15/08

DSC01483.JPG

Now on 06/30/08

DSC01680.JPG

Blue Mille on 04/15/08

DSC01455.JPG

Rose Mille on 05/15/08

DSC01539.JPG

Mille's now on 06/30/08....I am getting like an inch a month on each branch!...Thats like 15 inches of growth from one colony in a month!.....no wonder I can hardly keep up with b-ionic anymore....Time for a kalk drip.

DSC01691.JPG

Aussie Delicate on 05/15/08

DSC015381.JPG

An now on 06/30/08

DSC01688.JPG

Ok Ok I will stop! :happy:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but set your ISO on your camera to 1600 ish, set your lense AP wide open and fire away. You can get some good exposure hand held. And light from the top. Use Manual mode on the camera. Your lense AP will make the most noticable difference, shutter speed will affect shadow detail.

Nice tank.

The Delicate looks awesome, I'm so glad the frags are doing well for you!

In somewhat related news, the frags that I had of the Delicate and the Purple Cap have been in "Rehab" in BibleSue's prop tank, and I just got them back from her in much better shape!

I've done a lot of work on my tank, so I hope they do well.

SeeDemTails
Not sure if this was mentioned, but set your ISO on your camera to 1600 ish, set your lense AP wide open and fire away. You can get some good exposure hand held. And light from the top. Use Manual mode on the camera. Your lense AP will make the most noticable difference, shutter speed will affect shadow detail.

Nice tank.

Thanks!

These photos were actually shot with a Sony HDR SR-5 4 mp high def camcorder. Even though the images are only 4 mp, the complimentary metal oxide semiconductor sensor really makes automatic adjustments to the white balance super easy, and captures colors with ease you could never get from a dslr. I own a Rebel XTI and I hardly use it for tank photos anymore. I know a little about photography and try really hard to get my pics to look the same way the coral does to me when I am looking through the glass or to my naked eye, even though I could fool around with the iso and get brighter images, but I like to crop and hate to deal with the noise of the higher iso. I want to get a 40d and then start bumping the iso higher.

Great I hope everything does well for you now! I can always send you some frags when stuff gets bigger too!

I grew the cap from a 2 1/2" frag about 2 years ago, it doesnt take long with good light and water. Its really out of control now to be honest. I am gonna remove it from the tank, frag it down all around it, and then put it back, only to have to do it a couple months later. I dont have a FTS right now, you wanna know why?....Because I cant clean the glass in front of the cap. Fragging session is in order!

SeeDemTails

Thanks for the kind words!

I am taking the big red cap out for a fragging session very soon, and will have plenty of frags for free if anyone is willing to pay for the shipping!

Wow... SDT every time i visit NR I have to visit your thread - it is a given. Your tank is an absolute masterpiece.

I picked up my first monti yesterday and it's a really nice piece. When you start fragging you can guarantee I'll take a couple pieces from you :P . By the way what's the weather like up that side? I'm down in Fort Laudy and it rains EVERYDAY. I used to live in Melbourne (went to FIT) and it was pretty much the same - rained everday in the afternoon.

Archived