SaltCritters.com

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

Wow! Your blue millie looks incredible, as do all your corals. I'm thinking about getting into SPS finally. Do you get most of your stuff locally or online?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Thanks Ty!

Enjoi, I get a lot of my stuff locally, and through trades. I dont buy much online.

OK....so I got the Dispar Anthia pair!

They are so awesome, I cant get enough of them! Both are eating well, and doing good in a breeder net in my tan kfor now. I am going to let them out in a day or so once I have satisfied myself that the tang isnt going to attack them and that they are going to eat just fine, which they already are. I feed them each 15 or so mysis yesterday which they scoffed down as they were both a little skinny since I think they had only been getting feed brine once a day. They will be getting 5 different types of food varied three or four times a day. I expect their color and size to improve greatly in the next couple weeks.

Here they are! The male is the purple one with the big fin, the female is the apricot one looking up at me when I took this photo.

DSC01818.JPG

DSC01819.JPG

DSC01820.JPG

DSC01821.JPG

DSC01822.JPG

I am so excited about these fish, if they do good once the tang gets moved I might add another female.

Nice fish SDT. Anthias are such colorful fish. I had a pink square one for years in my 90 and he was my favorite fish. I like how they school. Good luck with them and hopefully the tang will behave because these two are beauties! Oh, the M.confusa has full PE and seems to be back to color. Thanks for all your help.

I'm sure you already mentioned it here in this thread but are you dosing anything? I know you said you use Tropic Marin in one of the salt threads. I would like to get this kind of growth out of my tank!

VannReefer87

how much B-Ionic are you going through? I was thinking about switching back to that in my 30 breeder but didn't know if I'd go through 1/2 the bottle in a week with all of the acros in there

Beautiful Tank....love the placement and your SPS looks amazing....congrats on the Anthias, wish i had a bigger tank and more room to support them....such colorful fish!!!

VannReefer87
You add it daily?

Your suppose too...I was adding at 2x a day to keep up with my calc. but it worked well, thats why I'm considering going back to it...

SeeDemTails

Thanks for the compliments fsu!

Yeah, I add it twice daily. One 20 ml dose of part 1 and 2 in the morning, and then the same 12 hours later at night.

SeeDemTails

Thanks!

They are doing so well, and I really want to get them swimming into the maxi jets.....I might let them out of the net tonight!

Love the corals, and gorgeous fish. Just out of curiosity, what camera are you using? The pictures seem a bit dark. I was playing with a few on photoshop to adjust for light levels and to set the relative white points at the white tips of the corals and heres what i came up with.

post-38224-1218218868_thumb.jpg

post-38224-1218218881_thumb.jpg

post-38224-1218218890_thumb.jpg

Your anthias are adorable.

There's something so cute about the way they peek at you from inside a cave when they are nervous.

When I get my 40br up and running, i'd like to try my hand with some anthias. My 20 is just too small for them. :(

Ok, everyone is out and about!

The Dispars are loving the mj 1200's on the naturalwave wavemaker, they are in the open all the time and already know that I mean food. Smart little fish! Mysis is by far their favorite, but they know the flakes are food and the male is already eating flakes, the female will come around soon I'm sure, until then she can have all the mysis she wants.

The tang has been a really good boy and hasn't even as much as chased them once. I am pleasantly surprised! He used to run the chromis around the tank every now and then, but he doesnt mind the anthias at all! To be honest this really was my biggest fear, them being accepted by the tang.

Here they are! These fish have some seriously nice colors!

DSC01823.JPG

DSC01824.JPG

DSC01825.JPG

DSC01826.JPG

DSC01827.JPG

I still have yet to get a good pic of the male all flaired out. He is so pretty!

Those are some seriously sweet fish! I had never heard of them before. How's their aggression level, I'm guessing rather docile?

Completely docile, so far they are model fish. Low bioload, small mature size, they dont eat pods to compete with the mandarin, awesome color and they are always visible.

It was either these or the bartletts, but I like these better, the males are amazing!

I am thinking about adding a small third female they had. I am moving the tang soon enough, so it wont be a big deal. They have a ton of swimming room in the portion of my tank they stay in, and they have tons of flow to swim into which makes Anthias happy.

I will always love my mandarin, clowns, and tang, but these things are just freakin awesome! My tank really needed this fish color, it was kinda bland fish wise.

After the tang is moved to the 60 hex, I want to finish the tank up fish wise permanently.

I want in total:

Pair of Black Occes

Pair or trio of Dispar Anthias

Spotted Mandarin

Pair of Yellow head pearly Jawfish

Pair of Neon Gobies(mine is MIA as of the third of this month, I'm not sure how long they live but mine was huge and doing great, could have died of old age, or a new could have got him.)

Beautiful fish. a pair of black ocell clowns would be cool. I have a pair in my frag tub. The cuddle up together at night on the frag rack.

Where localy do you go, havent been to daytona in a long time. I've heard there's a aquarium shop in palm coast, u know of it? Cause that's where i grew up but havent been back to check. I used to go to Poseidon aquarium for my fish and corals. Now live in orlando so thinking about stopping by there next time I drive through.

Archived