Cultivated Reef

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

I could get you a PPE too but they aren't mine and everyone I know charges 30 or so a polyp. I'll see what I can do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, I have been wanting both those plays for a long time!

Now all I need are Tubs Blues and PPEs to complete my collection

I LOVE Tubs! I'd offer up some for you, but I only have a small frag myself right now unfortunately. :(

SeeDemTails

Its ok, I know how hard zoas are to frag....I wish everything was a branching SPS when it cam time for fragging!

Looks great with the added light. LMK if you ever get the ppe's ive been trying to track them down. I got my last two monti's sunrise and tyree undata.

SeeDemTails

I need a couple more encrusting montis too!

I am going to mount some corals in the next couple days so stay tuned for a updated FTS with everything in place finally!

Its ok, I know how hard zoas are to frag....I wish everything was a branching SPS when it cam time for fragging!

OMG, tell me about it. Life would be SO much easier...

SeeDemTails

I have those stupid tube worms that put out clear strings to catch food.....I hate them because the irritate my digitatas, but the encrusters are normally so hard to frag, grow right up these little tubes and I can snap them off. I dont know how else I could frag my hulk monti.

I have those stupid tube worms that put out clear strings to catch food.....I hate them because the irritate my digitatas, but the encrusters are normally so hard to frag, grow right up these little tubes and I can snap them off. I dont know how else I could frag my hulk monti.

I thought I was the only one that saw the hidden blessing in those little guys. They are the best thing ever when it comes to fragging encrusters.

SeeDemTails

Got a new coral, a good sized, bigger than a frag, colony of ORA Green Birdsnest for $30...Now I have both types, and 29 types of SPS.

DSC01670.JPG

Check out the color on this blue polyp cap.....This is really what it looks like! Thanks again L!!!

DSC01667.JPG

A quick shot of the SPS mountain. Just a few spots left for new coral!

DSC01671.JPG

Green digitata, after fraggin a month ago, finally back on the rocks, getting enough light, and even though half of its gone, its still freakin HUGE!

DSC01672.JPG

If anyone is interested, I have about 5 frags of the green digitata above for trade. I need to get rid of them!

DSC015861.JPG

Lovely Birds nest and what a great deal for $30. I've seen pieces like that go for over $100 in New York.......

I also love the coloration on those clowns.

My new favorite way is to use a dremel. Works like a charm. Just power up, make a couple of incisions with the power tool and you're done. Might even work for SPS......

SeeDemTails

They are getting huge, the biggest black occes I have ever seen, the female is pushing 3". I have had them for close to 2 years and they were already 2 years old when I got them from someone else's tank, they were not store bought!

I will stick to my fingers and cutters for SPS, but I do have a dremel!

They are getting huge, the biggest black occes I have ever seen, the female is pushing 3". I have had them for close to 2 years and they were already 2 years old when I got them from someone else's tank, they were not store bought!

I will stick to my fingers and cutters for SPS, but I do have a dremel!

Awesome tool, isn't it. I am amazed at just how many uses it has. And, of course, you know best how to cut SPS. I never had any, so wouldn't know it. They do look lovely and I will plan to add some in the future, just as soon as I upgrade the lighting.

SeeDemTails

SPS break way easier than most people think.......maybe like tooth pick strenght in most types.

Now LPS, you gotta get out the dremel!

SPS break way easier than most people think.......maybe like tooth pick strenght in most types.

Now LPS, you gotta get out the dremel!

Now, LPS is where I'm at. If those do well in my tank, I may as well keep going up the difficulty curve. How are your Lps doing? Any preferences as to which? I'm partial to torches and elegance...

I dont have any more LPS because my clownfish host too aggressively and kill them.

Oh, I see. I'm reading through your thread so that might take a while to get informed. I'm sad to hear about the clown fish killing the LPS.

I was kind of hoping eventually to achieve hosting. I only have one small clarkii clown (about 2in). Any advice on how to approach hosting?

I was kind of hoping eventually to achieve hosting. Any advice on how to approach hosting?

Bottle of wine and some other adult beverages, crackers, cheese, informed discussion about world events! ;)

Nice new pics! I have some of the same birdsnest, or at least some kind that almost similar in color, but more on the bright teal side.

Bottle of wine and some other adult beverages, crackers, cheese, informed discussion about world events! ;)

LOL, good one :rolleyes:

and no seafood to be PC.

PS: So I finished the thread from beginning to end. That's some story you've got with this tank. I love the zoa explosions in some of the pictures you posted, and I'm sorry for the jack with the issue of hosting.

.....oh, I think that rhymed, unintentionally though :blush:

SeeDemTails

LOL noo its ok, that you so much for reading the whole thread!

I would be careful hosting clowns to LPS, atleast when they get big. My occes almost killed that wellsophylia....So I took it to the LFS, who proceded to kill it anyway. What a shame!

I got a tear in my eye when I saw how well the blue polyp cap is doing for you.

I am SO glad it's doing so well in your tank, makes me feel a little better.

(For those who don't know, it's a beautiful coral that was declining in my tank and SDT "rescued" a frag for me. :) )

SeeDemTails

Thanks Nugs and everyone else!

Its doing great, I cant wait for it to start plating out, so I can frag it and get some on the rocks!

Archived