SaltCritters.com

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

Wow, you must post some pics when you get the new corals. Especially the Purple Digi. Tank looks really good! Sorry to hear about the breaking of the German Digi, In your tank it should grow back fine.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a distance you cant even tell its moved a little.

I'm sure from a distance you could also hear me cussing last night too. <_<:D:o

Its too dang big and it grows to dang fast! I cant clean the glass in front of the cap because it is growing up it!

What a nice SPS problem to have lol.

And you can have a huge piece.....Just send me some shipping money and you get a big chunk in return.

You see, I am never gonna frag it unless I have something to do with it, I need motivation. My LFS doesnt want anymore I have given them so much.

So please take some!

LOL - I have the same problem with my orange cap. I break a piece off while cleaning (it is up against the front glass too!) and instead of tossing it, I mount it and put it in the frag tank. Next thing you know, half of the frag tank is orange cap! I give it away when I can with all local sales, but that doesn't even come close to getting rid of it all!

Yeah I think a red cap could take over a 120g in a year or so.

I was gonna take some pics of the tank today but I was brutally attacked and tail whipped!

DSC01828.JPG

SeeDem, how do you like the rock from sealife? Im getting ready to setup a Carribbean Biotope.

Sealife Marine in NJ? I ordered a 50lb box of Fiji from them when I lived in PA.

Best I have ever seen hands down, and I work at a LFS that carries many types of rock.

Plus its cheaper, and Ken will even get you custom pieces. I gave him measurements for a brick shaped piece I needed(the one my milles are on) and he got me just the right piece!

Yeah I think a red cap could take over a 120g in a year or so.

I was gonna take some pics of the tank today but I was brutally attacked and tail whipped!

DSC01828.JPG

By your sailfin? Did it draw blood?

The red cap grew so fast in my 46 that is shaded my green sinularia leather into submission.

Nah, it loves me and eats out of my fingers.......But it HATES the camera! :angry:

Lol, my tang is finally starting to come around but won't eat out of my hand yet. My percs on the other hand would follow me to school if they could.

IMG_5784.jpg

Nice pic of the sailfin in action, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped a few shots last night!

Updated FTS since I fragged the red cap.

DSC01946.JPG

Red cap after fragging

DSC019471.JPG

DSC01948.JPG

Blue mille and Rose mille less than a 1/4" apart!

DSC01961.JPG

Rose mille

DSC01963.JPG

Blue Mille

DSC01964.JPG

Top down mille's on 9/6

DSC01968.JPG

Another top down of the rose mille from 8/3, check out the roses growth in just a month!

DSC01790.JPG

Getting really close!

DSC019491.JPG

Lowest part of Rainbow monti

DSC019501.JPG

German Orange digitata

DSC019511.JPG

Pink Birdsnest

DSC01952.JPG

Green Birdsnest

DSC019531.JPG

Green Pocillopora

DSC01954.JPG

Bali Slimer

DSC019551.JPG

Acropora Austera

DSC019561.JPG

Aussie Delicate

DSC01957.JPG

ORA tri color

DSC01958.JPG

ORA acro, dont know what type, still looking for an id.

DSC01960.JPG

Pink Stylophora

DSC019591.JPG

Green Cap

DSC01965.JPG

ATL blue polyp cap

DSC01966.JPG

Blue polyp digi frag growing really fast!

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01973.JPG

Close up of Blue Torch acro, I think this has potential under my lighting.

DSC01971.JPG

Female Dispar Anthia flaired out, you have no idea how long it took to get this pic.

DSC01979.JPG

Mandarin doing good like always.

DSC01978.JPG

Looks like it's definitely time to frag that blue milli ;) . I'm still up for a trade whenever you are. do you have any yellow w/ purple polyps encrusting monti in your tank? The one I got a while back (which is already fragged and ready to go, hint hint) has really colored up nicely. It's now completely yellow, and the insides of the purple polyps have turned bright red. This thing is sweet, I think it's much nicer than my suset monti (which is finally starting to color up too).

GREAT looking photos. We have a lot of the same corals (Bali green slimer, green pocilipora, birdnest, blue polyp digi, orange digi, blue mille, red cap)

I really need to stop reading threads of people who have big tanks... it's only going to keep ####### me off that I can't have one. Awesome tank though!

Archived