Innovative Marine Aquariums

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

Back to the aiptasia, I had a couple on the rocks I moved from my NC to my 40 and I put 3 peps in and haven't seen them since (the aiptasia). I think I lost a shrimp (saw some body parts that didn't look like a molt) and just found out that I can catch my own down at the jetties so I think I am going to add 4 or 5 more small ones to make sure they don't come back. My old NC QUICKLY became a freaking aip forest after ignoring the problem for a few weeks. Lol, I showed them............with a tank crash :angry:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My old NC QUICKLY became a freaking aip forest after ignoring the problem for a few weeks. Lol, I showed them............with a tank crash :angry:

lol! :D

You can catch your own!? I wish I could, I live in freaking daytona freaking beach and we have none of that stuff around here. Stupid Labrador cold water current.

I was gonna get the shrimp yesterday but the storm is putting a damper on things. It pretty nasty outside right now, and only forecasted to get worse as it moves like right up the beach towards daytona.

lol! :D

You can catch your own!? I wish I could, I live in freaking daytona freaking beach and we have none of that stuff around here. Stupid Labrador cold water current.

I was gonna get the shrimp yesterday but the storm is putting a damper on things. It pretty nasty outside right now, and only forecasted to get worse as it moves like right up the beach towards daytona.

Yeah people go out to the jetties in Galveston with flashlights and nets and scrape them off the rocks. They usually end up with other cool stuff like different gobies and different inverts.

YES! omgomgomg

I plan on adding water to it very soon, I just need some more LR that I dont got the funds for right now.

I get way too ahead of myself sometimes! :P

We all get way ahead of ourselve in this hobby!!

BulkReefSupplies sells dead rock which is much cheaper - $2 a pound or so. I am going to seed the 210 with the 70# of LR in the 46 and then get the next 100# or so from club members or the dead rock from BRS. If I get LR from club members, I am going to dry it out first so I don't get any new unwanted pests.

Only way I will work at a LFS again is if we every start our own. Our tank and corals already blow away anything anyone else has in my area, except a few sps guys with big tanks, but they dont even go to the lfs's around here, they go to WWC in orlando.

Heh, catching up on your tank thread and dredging this up from a, uh... few pages back. ;)

I would not even consider opening a store today. Retail sales is just too tough. (Your comment probably doesn't mean that you're thinking about it either.)

With your talent for putting together a beautiful tank, you wold be better off to contract tank setup and maintenance for folks who want the beauty but do not have the time or inclination to do it themselves. That would allow you to leverage your skills to generate revenue with a lot less investment than what it would take to open up a store.

Or go into a local LFS as a consultant to help them sort out their tanks, not as an employee.

Thanks for sharing your thread with us.

-hank

Heh, catching up on your tank thread and dredging this up from a, uh... few pages back. ;)

I would not even consider opening a store today. Retail sales is just too tough. (Your comment probably doesn't mean that you're thinking about it either.)

With your talent for putting together a beautiful tank, you wold be better off to contract tank setup and maintenance for folks who want the beauty but do not have the time or inclination to do it themselves. That would allow you to leverage your skills to generate revenue with a lot less investment than what it would take to open up a store.

Or go into a local LFS as a consultant to help them sort out their tanks, not as an employee.

Thanks for sharing your thread with us.

-hank

Every big restaurant around want's a nice big saltwater tank with no hassle, you know they have to pay someone pretty well for all the setup and weekly/monthly maintenance.

Making it through the storm just fine!

The local LFS I used to work at has improved and now has an awesome selection of sps corals. A guy that used to be there is now back and really making the corals look awesome. As much as I would love to own my own shop its just a fantasy, I know I would never be able to.

I am working at the shop I used to once again, and loving it. I dont care about money, I make enough and get to do what I love and work with some cool peeps. I enjoy helping other people be better reefers, and just working around fish and coral. My favorite is saving sick fish and coral. Nothing is more rewarding. Its something I missed having in my life.

I got some new pics to post, just give me a few minutes to upload them!

Ok, here are the pics! There is some massive growth on some pieces, if you feel like going back and comparing pics.

ORA Green Birdsnest

DSC01830.JPG

I irritated it here so the pointy new growth tips can be seen:

DSC01926.JPG

Rainbow Monti\'s new growth

DSC01831.JPG

Another pic of the top

DSC01833.JPG

German Orange Digitatas growing fast!

DSC01832.JPG

Idaho Grape

DSC01836.JPG

Purple With Purple Polyps cap from Yardboy

DSC01837.JPG

Green Pocillopora

DSC01839.JPG

Pink Stylophora

DSC01840.JPG

DSC01867.JPG

Pink Birdsnest, also growing out of control

DSC01841.JPG

Idaho grape getting close to the Leng Sy

DSC01842.JPG

Leng sy finally getting a purple rim

DSC01843.JPG

Blue Polyp German Digitata

DSC01844.JPG

Broodstock colony....I will have frags soon for trade.

DSC01858.JPG

Elkhorn Monti

DSC01845.JPG

The Hulk

DSC01847.JPG

Purple Rim Montipora Confusa

DSC01848.JPG

Bali Slimer also growing really well

DSC01849.JPG

Acropora Austera

DSC01850.JPG

Thanks Steve, the Rainbow is nice. I will have frags soon too.

Thanks for the post, I couldnt add more pics lol!

Nuclear Green Palys

DSC01851.JPG

DSC01854.JPG

DSC01855.JPG

DSC01856.JPG

Purple Deaths

DSC01857.JPG

Bam Bams

DSC01859.JPG

Pink Panthers

DSC01860.JPG

ATL Blue Polyp Cap

DSC01862.JPG

Green Cap

DSC01863.JPG

Deepwater Purple Green

DSC01864.JPG

Its actually a camcorder, a Sony HDR SR-5 High Def camcorder. It takes awesome pics because it has a CMOS sensor and a good glass lens.

Aussie Delicate

DSC01866.JPG

Rose Mille

DSC01868.JPG

Blue Mille

DSC01869.JPG

Green Digitata...I got plenty or frags of this too!

DSC01870.JPG

FTS.....I know, the red cap is growing up the glass and I need to frag it. Its out of control...

DSC018771.JPG

Living room at night:

DSC01881.JPG

Fay ripping it up outside! Hard to tell but those palm trees are freaking out.

DSC01894.JPG

wow, good luck with the storm! Don't you just love the photo limit?! *someone please post* I have so many more ready to go! :D

Yeah dont get the photo limit, I like all the photos in one post personally!

Also got some new pics of the 60 hex in place, no water yet though, and the 5.5 in their respective threads.

Your green birds nest is stunning. ORA=win! I've always dreamed of getting a piece of that coral to look like you have.....is that in pretty strong flow at the moment?

Everything in my tank gets blasted, even the zoas.

That colony has litterally doubled in size sinze I got it.

This was is 2 months ago:

DSC01681.JPG

I run 2 mj1200 and a mj 900 on a Natural Wave timer at the fastest cycle, which is 20 seconds.

Everything in my tank gets blasted, even the zoas.

That colony has litterally doubled in size sinze I got it.

This was is 2 months ago:

DSC01681.JPG

I run 2 mj1200 and a mj 900 on a Natural Wave timer at the fastest cycle, which is 20 seconds.

Now you're just showing off ;) Great coral you've got there!

Archived