Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SECRET CORAL SANTA?

adinsxq

OK - me, I don't care - either day works for me!

*best Alvin and the Chipmunks voice* "now, Christmas, don't be late!"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any day is a good day for me to receive coral. To include: any random day that someone feels like mailing a random guy in Georgia coral. I fully volunteer to be your random guy.

"We could be that bad decision!" - Superbad

Bill

The 13th is preferable cuz I no has to work my cruddy job very shortly to be replaced by a better job.

I can't wait to ship my box!!!

I thank you tashayar for making it possible for me to get my shipping on. Recipient of my box, I hope it arrives in good condition.

Is this great or what??

I thought the original plan was shipping 0n 12/12 for 12/13 delivery, so I took off 13th to be home for delivery.

If this is a problem for my "Santa" please let Weetie know and I'll try to switch. Thanks!

I got my fresh 40 hr. heat packs from Ken's yesterday! All set.

THANK YOU WEETIE!!

Eh.....either one's okay. I'll be in my office staring at my take home final either way :( I'm hoping to only spend 80 hrs on this one...so maybe I'll get to stare at my presents on the 20th.

EDIT: Nope....forgot - I'll want to sleep for a day or so after all that...21st

I can receive when ever its easiest for santa!

Just shoot weetie a tracking number and I am good..

i can not wait to make up my offering!!! :naughtydance:

I have been growing out the most awesome "LE fart in a Bag" morph ever!!!

I just had a thought.

I've had a couple people ask me what kind of setup and corals their recipients had so they would have a good idea what to send them.

How about if we all post a quick down 'n dirty description of our tank/s and the kinds of corals we like and keep, including our lighting and the kinds of things we'd like to get.

It would be good to know colors as well for things like zoas and sps that come in a variety of colors.

Good plan.

My 55g is a big hodgepodge. I'm partial to encrusting corals like montis and chalices but my wife likes softies and "tall" corals so we've got a mix of everything and we like them all. There are several kinds of micro in there as well and some zoas. It's got 760 total watts of light on it (MH and actinic) so whatever Santa brings should be fine. Plating/encrusting Montis are the only kind of SPS that I have as of right now but I'm not opposed to other species. My biggest pieces are a colt "bush", a meat coral (roughly cereal bowl), a galaxea cluster, branching hammer, and 2 monti caps. The rest of my stuff is either a frag or not really large in its own right. Stuff like zoa mats and mounds of micros. Big for what they are but not tank fillers, LOL.

My 1/2 10g is PC only and has a big bubble coral centerpiece, 2 kinds of shrooms and gsp. It is also the home of Harry the Hairy Crab! My only note is that if you send something for this tank please keep in mind that it is very short compared to most normal tanks. Taller Kenya tree or big colt pieces would have to be trimmed down most likely. The bubble that I have is pushing it and if it continues to grow like it is, it will have to be moved back to the 55.

As for what I'd like to get...its Christmas so send whatever you like. If it's something you like in your tank and are happy to display then I'm sure I will be too. Maybe you'll turn me on to something I don't already keep or maybe you'll send a really sweet specimen of a kind that I do keep. I like the surprise. Either way it's a gift so I'm grateful and thank you in advance whoever you are.

Bill

My AquaPod 24 has the 150watt MH. I have a little of everything zoos, lps, sps. Anything that Santa sends would be great, ( and I've been REAL GOOD Santa :D ).

12G JBJ with 70w 10K MH with 2x18w PC 03, Purple pink green and red zoas, Bubble coral, Elegance Coral, 10 different Ric colors with about 2 each, and 3 Shrooms.

Dear Santa,

I have been a pretty good boy this year.

I will be quite pleased to recieve ANY cool corals from another member and do my very best to grow them out and hopefully spread them around the NR family in the future.

I have mostly zoas, softies and LPS, but the few pieces of SPS I do have have been doing well for me.

So between my three tanks I should be able to properly care for whatever my Santa has in mind for me!

Thank You!

I have two tanks, both of them very much a work in progress.

The first is a 10g prop tank with a Koralia 1, an air-driven DIY protein skimmer and a 150w MH fixture w/a 14k Phoenix bulb.

DSCN1458.jpg

For various reasons I will soon be scaling waaaay back on my propagation efforts and will be converting this tank into a zoa/monti cap garden with a few other things sprinkled in.

My other tank is a 16g custom acrylic w/a built in sump and a 40w Current PC fixture. I am just now getting this tank re-started after a crash due to a bad batch of distilled water. This will be a mostly softie tank geared towards some really cool mushrooms and rics, and with some blasto's, zoas, euphyllia and GSP for variety. I plan on adding a couple of fish as well.

DSCN1923.jpg

This tank still needs to have plenty done to it including aquascaping, scraping coralline of bottom front and sides, and nuking the monster aiptasia near the middle. I think it's gonna be really cool when it's done though.

We have the whole country to work with. You've got the lower half of a state. Not really fair to you guys as far as numbers go. I thought you could participate with us also? You have to give 2 gifts that way but you'll also get 2 in return. Just sayin.

Bill

Archived