nano-paul

reeferman-chris

six

dshnarw

fish02

Louie3

der1311

medachef

hellooo!! it's about time this happened. it was my b-day today.... last night ... tonight i don't know. 11/30. that's it. so why not i'll try for two to 3 frags.... got some jokers that need fragin anyways.

wish me luck with shipping. (i'm using chupa's old thermos to ship... is that cool. Gotta love the recycle and reuse thing. )

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got cut from the list somewhere.

hebon

enraged

Weetabix7

mvite

shivametimbas

shawnkenn

varanus37 x2

fragmadness

BibleSue

Needreefunds

dtfleming

Mudfish

tashayar

beansandmia

nano-paul

reeferman-chris

six

dshnarw

fish02

Louie3

der1311

medachef

reefone

got cut from the list somewhere.

hebon

enraged

Weetabix7

mvite

shivametimbas

shawnkenn

varanus37 x2

fragmadness

BibleSue

Needreefunds

dtfleming

Mudfish

tashayar

beansandmia

nano-paul

reeferman-chris

six

dshnarw

fish02

Louie3

der1311

medachef

reefone

Did that to der1311 cuz i guess we were replying at the same time. Hence the edit. That would really suck to get left out. =(

So if i get like 5-6 frags from someone... please leave a return addy... just so i can send a little thanks you in return. Cuz i hate it when we have the secret santa thing at work and one person goes all out and another just goes to the dollar store for the minimum. BTW i got coupons to the dollar store if anyone needs them.

hellooo!! it's about time this happened. it was my b-day today.... last night ... tonight i don't know. 11/30. that's it. so why not i'll try for two to 3 frags.... got some jokers that need fragin anyways.wish me luck with shipping. (i'm using chupa's old thermos to ship... is that cool. Gotta love the recycle and reuse thing. )

HBD medachef!Could you PM me with your info please?I need your shipping address, what kind of lighting you have on your tank, whether the frags you're sending will require MH or are PC compatible, and how long your tank has been set up. Thanks!

i must have missed it, but how will you enforce this?

Do you have any suggestions?So far, there are only 3 people who have entered that I am not familiar enough with to know whether they're trustworthy. I have done some preliminary checking on them and am trying to be careful. If I ask you questions because I don't know you, please don't be offended!We have had a rash of negative transactions lately and I am just trying to ensure that this goes well for everyone, you included!

Did that to der1311 cuz i guess we were replying at the same time. Hence the edit. That would really suck to get left out. =(

I am keeping a correct running tally of who's in this in post #46 on the third page. If you're on THAT list, you're in!I had to remove chebon and reeferman-chris due to not getting any info from them. I could still use some more volunteer donations of a couple of dollars or so to the "shipping relief fund" to help defray shipping costs for those who end up having to ship by UPS or FedEx to get the package there overnight.

OK peeps, so what do you think about the "Shipping Relief Fund"???

Everyone kicks in a couple bucks?

or

Go luck of the draw and if it cost you double to ship so be it?

or

Have those who live in the sticks reimburse the shipper??

or

Just have a voluntary fund??

or

_________________ <<<<<<< insert good idea here! :happy:

So wadayatink??? :huh:

The less money moving the easier and less confusing it will be. It would have been nice to do a zoa only swap since those can do 2-3 days being shipped. That way no complaints and less confusion.

But since we're already knee deep in this, I say people who live in BFE reinburse the shipper, although that takes the element of suprise away. As well as leaving a huge hole for people to BS the actual shipping costs. No carrier tells the receiver how much shipping cost. I could ship to BFE, Utah and say it cost $70. Who is to know? So, I guess I am adding more questions than answers.

Zoa only swap...? :D

I think that once you find out it costs more than the $21 or so bucks and that you end up having to use UPS that the person be paired up with someone who has to use the same service as well?

reeferman-chris

I am keeping a correct running tally of who's in this in post #46 on the third page. If you're on THAT list, you're in!I had to remove chebon and reeferman-chris due to not getting any info from them.

Pm sent with info Weetabix... Can I get back on that list please?

Chris

HBD medachef!Could you PM me with your info please?I need your shipping address, what kind of lighting you have on your tank, whether the frags you're sending will require MH or are PC compatible, and how long your tank has been set up. Thanks!

Do you have any suggestions?So far, there are only 3 people who have entered that I am not familiar enough with to know whether they're trustworthy. I have done some preliminary checking on them and am trying to be careful. If I ask you questions because I don't know you, please don't be offended!We have had a rash of negative transactions lately and I am just trying to ensure that this goes well for everyone, you included!

I am keeping a correct running tally of who's in this in post #46 on the third page. If you're on THAT list, you're in!I had to remove chebon and reeferman-chris due to not getting any info from them. I could still use some more volunteer donations of a couple of dollars or so to the "shipping relief fund" to help defray shipping costs for those who end up having to ship by UPS or FedEx to get the package there overnight.

Oops.. thanks NeedsReefunds.

Here's what I think, for what it's worth -

OK peeps, so what do you think about the "Shipping Relief Fund"???

Everyone kicks in a couple bucks?

or

Go luck of the draw and if it cost you double to ship so be it?

or

Have those who live in the sticks reimburse the shipper??

or

Just have a voluntary fund??

or

_________________ <<<<<<< insert good idea here! :happy:

So wadayatink??? :huh:

This whole thing needs to stay as simple as it possibly can, or whoever is running it could get fed up REAL quickly, and we won't do it again next year. Simple=the least possible complexity. Therefore, if your shipping is more than USPS, suck it up, or don't play. It's Christmas, after all. Don't worry about getting equal value, or the possibility of getting stiffed, or reimbursing anybody - swap your corals and have fun doing it, or don't play. Life's a gamble.

The less money moving the easier and less confusing it will be.

Yup. I think that would be a big complicater.

It would have been nice to do a zoa only swap since those can do 2-3 days being shipped. That way no complaints and less confusion.

I ain't GOT no zoas to swap! Complicates things...

But since we're already knee deep in this, I say people who live in BFE reinburse the shipper, although that takes the element of suprise away. As well as leaving a huge hole for people to BS the actual shipping costs. No carrier tells the receiver how much shipping cost. I could ship to BFE, Utah and say it cost $70. Who is to know? So, I guess I am adding more questions than answers.

Takes out some of the fun, seems to me. Either agree to pay the shipping, or don't play.

Just my opinion....

I'd remove your personal info, it is a public forum after all. Just send it to her in a PM. Wouldn't want anything to happen. Thanks for doing the secret santa though.

Bill

I've been thinking about the whole "shipping relief fund" idea, and here's what I think would be the easiest way to handle it.

Those who are willing to contribute to this PM me, but I will not be collecting any $$ from you at that time. I will just make a note that you're willing to help out.

Once the names are drawn and we find out who has who, we'll be able to check on who will have to ship overnight by either UPS or FedEx.

At that time I will have those who are willing to donate PayPal the $$ directly to the people who will actually be needing it to cover extra shipping costs.

Everyone cool with that?

I have added explanatory pics to the SHIPPING TUTORIAL in post #70 on pg. 4, for those who need a visual example.

Reefur:

IME, whether or not USPS Express is able to guarantee overnight delivery is dependant more on whether the shipping address is some little town out in the sticks than on how far away from you the shipping address is.

If you ship from Cali to NYC, USPS Express will probably be able to get there overnight.

If you ship from Cali to Podunk Town in upstate NY, it will probably take 2 days to arrive.

Please re-read post #84 for an explanation of how to tell if a package shipped USPS Express will be able to get there overnight.

im in but im shipping express...because of that ill only give out some lps and softies in case it takes 2 days...sound ok ?

NO!!!

Either commit to shipping overnight or don't do it at all!

in fairness to everyone who is participating, please ship overnight. the weather's not the greatest right now... even in the land of eternal sunshine, los angeles.

Sunday A.M. bump.

The cut-off for getting in on this is midnight tonight.

Anyone who wants to participate, PM me w/your shipping address, what kind of lighting you have on your tank, what kind of lighting the frags you are sending will need, and how old your tank is.

To participate in this, you must have a stable tank of at least 7 months old.

Archived