Innovative Marine Aquariums

SECRET CORAL SANTA?

adinsxq

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shivametimbas

both of my tanks have MH with PC actinics. i am into just about anything thats not too brown!

my wish list includes encrusting montis, a tableing acro, rics, bullseyes and other nice shrooms, nice palys and zoas, a neon toadstool, sun coral, and a dendro. this is just stuff i will be looking for in the future. i will be happy with what ever santa sends to me and will give it a good home and not put it in the back of my closet like alot of things hes brought me in the past!

Well - here goes....

I have 3 tanks, none of which are display quality at the moment. The first is a 6g nanocube with 18w pc lighting which is being moved to my office after Christmas. Everything in it are easy and hardy corals - LPS, zoas, and shrooms.

The second tank is a 12g aquapod with 70w MH lighting. Contains frags of various things I have no room for elsewhere - zoas, montis, and yumas mostly.

The last tank is a 15g with a 10g sump. 150w MH lighting on the tank, several PC lights on the sump. Currently, it's filled ("display" and sump) with 40ish mini carpets, various montiporas, yumas, zoas, brain corals, and fungiids. This tank will soon be transferred to a 30g setup I'm working on to make a biotope of a Singapore reef flat/intertidal area. I'm trying to be fairly strict on the corals going into it, so anything that doesn't fit it will go into the other 2 tanks.

As for what Santa sends, I'm not picky. I'll appreciate anything I get. But since the idea is to give a list of things we like, I'll just list the ones that fit my biotope tank:

mini carpets (one can dream) :)

plate coral/Fungiids

brain corals of all types

echino- (pora or phyllia)

pocillopora

torch/frogspawn/hammer

montipora

seagrasses

zoas

Colors and morphs aren't so important - weird ones are cool, but honestly, my favorite montipora in my tank right now is chocolate brown :)

Thanks in advance Santa!

If I could receive mine on the 12th that would be great, if not thats fine.

I can receive just about anything and would be happy with just about anything.

I also enjoy cheese, so if you want you could throw in a kraft single and I'd be happy. If not thats cool too.

I have small spaces to work with in my tub. I kinda got in the secret-santa-swap to give some of my corals a good home since I kind of need some space. :)

IMG_0056.jpg

I would like:

faviids

encrusting anything (I enjoy my pavona and leptastrea for reference)

a deepwater (ie; lowlight) acro

florida ric

any euphyllia

any lps

if you have a hitch hiker, i usually like weirdo corals like that

otherwise whatever you gots

I've had bad luck with/prefer not to have:

caulerpa

echinophyllias/plating lps

fast growing softies like sinularia (note the giant one in my pic)

mushies; unless they are multicolored/awesome (they outcompete my lps for space)

I'm really not too picky. I like suprises. I just don't want macrosalgae or echinos (they are receeding in my tank).

I have 2x175 14k MHs.

I'd take baby bangaiis if santa is breeding them ;)

:D

I have a 24 gallon nanocube with the hood ripped off and replaced with a 150 watt mh light. Softies make me vomit but don't let that affect what santa sends cuz I could stand to lose a couple of pounds. That's all.

I've got 4X24 watts of T5HO over a 20H, so please send me expensive SPS.

I think my absolute fave (which changes, probably daily) would be a hunk of Idaho Grape. Or some colorful acro.

I also have a 12 gallon AP with upgraded PCs, so I would appreciate any soft corals for it; I also have a 5 gallon with 36 watts of PC on my desk at work. So, whatever my Santa sends me will find a happy and grateful home.

I just hope that the stuff I have to send out pleases its recipient!

BustytheSnowMaam

I have all softies, and will be happy to accept any kind of soft coral. Preferably something that survives benign neglect. B)

I have a 20 gal with 130 watts of pc lighting. Mostly zoas and shrooms in the tank. Anything is cool with me. As long as they can thrive on my lighting. Send anytime the wife should be home. One thing that i have been looking for is some is some toadstool... color doesn't matter. I have a lot of "pink" and green in my tank.... AOG, Devils armors, various other pink zoas. but i'm sure one can never have enough.

I hope that everyone is making their final preparations to begin shipping their coral packages out on Wed. and Thurs. of this week.

Once you have shipped the package out, PLEASE PM ME WITH THE TRACKING#. I will be posting all tracking #'s and shipment dates on the Secret Santa Feedback thread that I have started here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139300

For the moment, if anyone has any questions or thoughts, please continue to post them here on this thread. Once the packages ship out we can begin posting on the thread listed above.

And btw, if anyone ships their frags out in ziplock bags I will personally and publicly flame you on the feedback thread. Don't ship frags in ziplocks! If you haven't found a way to aquire shipping bags, go to your LFS and beg or buy enough bags off of them to double bag all of the frags you intend to ship out.

As a tribute to Weetie's Sexy Sox pictured below, I will be trying something unique with the frags I ship out. Each of the 2 bags I will be sending will be shipped out in their own fuzzy red frag bag cozy!

Who, oh who will get Weetie's fuzzy frag bag surprise???

DSCN1864.jpg

Are these frag cozies pre-worn or new? Just wondering if I should get one of those painters masks to open my mail or not. :huh:

Bill

Silly boy, they are NEW, still wrapped in the lovely white ribbon they came in!

So THERE! :P

I have had a few people ask me if they could go ahead and ship tomorrow

SO

is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind getting their Santa frags on Wed., a day earlier than planned?

Post here if so.

I'm fine on receiving Wed, BTW.

I'm cool with it.

That's just cause you're one cool Reefer Chick, Six! :lol:

Anyone that ships out tomorrow, please don't forget to PM me with your tracking #.

Archived