Pod Your Reef

SECRET CORAL SANTA?

adinsxq

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:ninja:

hey weets... when you ship using a 6x6 container how much room is there for a heat pack?? I got some insulation from the depot today(needed it for something else. Its a R7.5 rating for those of you that care.) And i put together a shipping box. but the inside dimensions are only about 3x3. The insulation itself is 1.5 inches in thickness, is that enough space along with a 40 hour heat pack? I also picked up 6x12 inch box just in case the 6x6 was too small. If the 6x6 is too small then i'll just use the bigger box and save the small one for the spring/summer.

i'll try to post pics.

i dont want to send cooked corals to anyone... that would really suck.

hey weets... when you ship using a 6x6 container how much room is there for a heat pack?? I got some insulation from the depot today(needed it for something else. Its a R7.5 rating for those of you that care.) And i put together a shipping box. but the inside dimensions are only about 3x3. The insulation itself is 1.5 inches in thickness, is that enough space along with a 40 hour heat pack? I also picked up 6x12 inch box just in case the 6x6 was too small. If the 6x6 is too small then i'll just use the bigger box and save the small one for the spring/summer.

i'll try to post pics.

i dont want to send cooked corals to anyone... that would really suck.

In a 6x6 box, you can fit one bag with up to 3 zoa frags in it. If you need to use more than one bag I would recommend using a 7x7 or larger box.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but to keep the heat pack from getting things too warm, you can put one layer of newspaper between the bag/s and the heat pack.

For instance, if you package it the way I described in the Shipping Tutorial, you should put the layer of newspaper on top of the outer bag that has been closed and taped up, then put the newspaper wrapped heat pack on top of that.

Hope that makes sense.

I'll add that to the shipping tutorial.

4 hrs. left to enter before the deadline folks!

Chebon, this means you, since I don't have your info yet!

Counting down, we're in the final hours.

2 hrs. 15 mins to go, don't miss out!!!

Here's the updated list of who's in on this:

shawnkenn

fragmadness

mvite

Weetabix7

ENraged

varanus37 x 2

shivametimbas

BibleSue

Needreefunds

dtfleming

Mudfish

tashayar

dshnarw

beansandmia

nano-paul

Six

reefone

fish02

Louie3

der1311

medachef

reeferman-chris

adinsxq left a few names off the list, but I'm hoping to be able to PM everyone by this afternoon.

Of course, we could always simplify things by having everyone ship to me... :P

I have a question for you guys.

Would you prefer that I only give your shipping address to the people that are sending to you, or is it okay if I give them your screen name too?

I was kinda hoping everyone would post feedback on this thread once they get their stuff, and they'd have to have their sender's screen name to do that, but if some of you would rather not I understand.

Also, there are a few senders that have a few different things to choose from as far as what they send out and if I could give them a link to your tank threads it might help them know what to send you, but again, they'd have to know your screen name.

So???

Ooooooooo I wish i could have gotten to participate :(, but my little bare tank and I just couldn't participate this year. Maybe next year I can participate when I have Daniel's tanks at my disposal :) umm I mean our tanks ;). Great idea Adin and I hope it is succesful so I can be a part of it next year.

Amber

sorry i goofed on typing out the list. it was LATE LAST NIGHT OKAY AND I'M SICK.

the COMPLETE list will be sent to Weetie this afternoon. I liked how the chips fell... the names got a good shuffle. Nobody is sending to whom they are receiving. I don't know your locations so I can't comment on that.

Yes, please post feedback about the process as well as your SANTA.

CORALZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet.. can't wait. Just fragged last night after i prepared my box. Muahahaha... i hope who ever i get likes the stuff i send.

can't wait!!

Give my sn too... don't matter to me.

I figure if they have my name and address then my s/n at an online forum shouldn't be all that secret, LOL. If you're welcome enough to know my address I figure you're welcome enough to send me PM's or emails. Thats pretty kewl that it worked out with noone sending to people who are sending to them. A good mixing of gifts.

Bill

Archived