SaltCritters.com

Weetie's 10g Prop Tank

Weetabix7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow post 1k is awesome, gratz!!!

Weety got any pics of shrooms/rics/zoas that you have currently? I'm looking for some for my prop tank.

Needreefunds

I think you should just keep this thread going when you do get the new tank, JMO.

Hey Weetie, I suddenly have happy zoas in all three tanks. I gave up trying so hard, just did my normal wc's

( well, actually a bit less frequently ) and now all looks good. Go figure. :huh:

( oh, and I have a new frag for you whenever we do "swap" ) shhhh, don't tell anyone. :ninja:

I think you should just keep this thread going when you do get the new tank, JMO.

Hey Weetie, I suddenly have happy zoas in all three tanks. I gave up trying so hard, just did my normal wc's

( well, actually a bit less frequently ) and now all looks good. Go figure. :huh:

( oh, and I have a new frag for you whenever we do "swap" ) shhhh, don't tell anyone. :ninja:

Wow, that's crazy, but VERY good news!!!

Hey, what does everyone else think, should I just keep this thread going or start a new one?

If I kept this one I'd have to change the thread title and everything. I already had a title picked out for when I started the new tank.

I suppose it would be interesting to see how long we could keep this one going for, but some people might to intimidated to check this one out when they see how long it is.

Give me your opinions everyone!!!

Wow, that's crazy, but VERY good news!!!

Hey, what does everyone else think, should I just keep this thread going or start a new one?

If I kept this one I'd have to change the thread title and everything. I already had a title picked out for when I started the new tank.

I suppose it would be interesting to see how long we could keep this one going for, but some people might to intimidated to check this one out when they see how long it is.

Give me your opinions everyone!!!

I think you should start a new one and link this one on the botom of that thread for those who would like to go back through. 51 pages...wow! BTW, congrats on the contest.

Keep it around...I'm already "trained" to click on this one...I tend to forget about your other thread (where's the embarrassment smiley??).

Keep it around...I'm already "trained" to click on this one...I tend to forget about your other thread (where's the embarrassment smiley??).

So you're saying I should cater to your lazy habits??? :huh::lol:

My other thread is linked in my sig, so you have NO excuse!!!

I haven't been on as much lately, but how could I POSSIBLY sit in front of the computer for long when I am surrounded by THIS???? :happy:

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

It's like my own little personal paradise in my backyard.

Taking macro's of corals and looking so closely at details in my aquarium has got me looking closer at details elsewhere.

It's amazing the things you see when you really look.

Here's a closeup of some moss.

IMG_0641.jpg

It turns out I have honeysuckle ALL OVER my backyard, so beautiful!!!

IMG_0654.jpg

So you're saying I should cater to your lazy habits??? :huh::lol:

My other thread is linked in my sig, so you have NO excuse!!!

yes, you should :P

and I know, I know :(

Your pics are great Weet :) Looks like you're really taking to the new camera.

yes, you should :P

and I know, I know :(

Your pics are great Weet :) Looks like you're really taking to the new camera.

I think I need a model for my pics...your's does such a good job :)

Needreefunds
........ but some people might be to intimidated to check this one out when they see how long it is.

VERY true, happens to me all the time. :o :o :o

:haha: :haha: :haha:

You should know better than to leave ME with that kind of literary ammo.

Maybe you are right, perhaps a new thread is in order.

But will I still get to keep the comfy leather recliner with my name embroidered in ??? :(

Seriously though Weets, I am so happy you are enjoying your new backyard!

It looks to be a peaceful setting. Put on a fresh pot and I'll pick up half and half on the way over. ;)

Loving that new cam of yours, sweet pics!

"Literary" he calls it. . . <_<

:lol:

Sweet spring pics, Weets! It is truly lovely there! Is your honeysuckle fragrant?

--Diane

"Literary" he calls it. . . <_<

--Diane

We're on the same wavelength there.

Keep it clean dude, or you're out in the cold!

That aside, of COURSE I'll bring your chair over to the new establishment for you!

The little guy likes to help with the coffeemaking, so I'll have him put on a pot for you.

Keep an eye out for dandelions in the brew! :lol:

I already have some half and half on hand, why doncha pick up some donuts?

Sweet spring pics, Weets! It is truly lovely there! Is your honeysuckle fragrant?

--Diane

It is, yes!

Is there more than one kind of honeysuckle?

I had a neighbor with the same thing in his yard tell me yesterday that it wasn't honeysuckle, although it looks and smells like it to me.

This is on a bush, not a vine though.

Guess now I know why I have all the bees in the front yard!

On the good side, I should have lots of butterflies too! :happy:

Needreefunds
We're on the same wavelength there.

Keep it clean dude, or you're out in the cold!

That aside, of COURSE I'll bring your chair over to the new establishment for you!

The little guy likes to help with the coffeemaking, so I'll have him put on a pot for you.

Keep an eye out for dandelions in the brew! :lol:

I already have some half and half on hand, why doncha pick up some donuts?

:( Please accept my deepest apologies ladies. I just don't know where that came from. :tears:

I feel awful, just terrible to have posted such an infantile entry. I'm so sad right now I can't stand it. Not sure I'll ever get over this... Oh well......

'nuff-o-dat.

Ok, Sooooooooooooooo, donuts it is!

I look forward to a cup of the little guy's brew, dandelions and all!! :P

:( Please accept my deepest apologies ladies. I just don't know where that came from. :tears:

I feel awful, just terrible to have posted such an infantile entry. I'm so sad right now I can't stand it. Not sure I'll ever get over this... Oh well......

'nuff-o-dat.

Ok, Sooooooooooooooo, donuts it is!

I look forward to a cup of the little guy's brew, dandelions and all!! :P

:rolleyes: You're so full of it Doofus, but I appreciate the sentiment nontheless! :lol:

Alrighty everybody, gear up for a Dandelions, Donuts, and Dark Coffee partay tonight!!! :happydance:

OH, carp! Did I miss the donuts? I LOVE donuts...

(Hey, Richie--don't change your ways, I'd never recognize ya! :D)

It is, yes!

Is there more than one kind of honeysuckle?

I had a neighbor with the same thing in his yard tell me yesterday that it wasn't honeysuckle, although it looks and smells like it to me.

This is on a bush, not a vine though.

Guess now I know why I have all the bees in the front yard!

On the good side, I should have lots of butterflies too! :happy:

W/o even looking it up--yep, there's more than one kind. I wanna say LOTS. The "wild" (naturalized?) types tend to be shrubs, not vines. I have both white & pink ones ringing my field...I'll let you know when they start to leaf out. <_< Has been "springlike" here this week, but cold & possible flurries predicted for week-end...

--Diane

Needreefunds
:rolleyes: You're so full of it Doofus, but I appreciate the sentiment nontheless! :lol:

Never could fool you! :lol:

(Hey, Richie--don't change your ways, I'd never recognize ya! :D)

Nah, no worries there. I doubt I could if I tried! :happy:

You know me, always trying to give ya a chuckle :flower:

Weetie you seen this?

CLICK ME

The Weetabix Gang

Posted by Big Boo on March 13th, 2008

Unsurprisingly advertising the very same breakfast cereal they were named after, the Weetabix Gang was an immensely popular ad campaign that ran during the 1980’s. The first tv advert starring them aired in 1982, and they proved popular enough that they managed to remain the official Weetabix mascots until 1989.

The gang were of course Weetabix themselves, and were represented as a gang of skinheaded bovver boys, with white shirts, drainpipe jeans and braces. Not exactly the kind of image you would expect a major breakfast cereal manufacturer to want to be associated with perhaps, but it was a decision that worked very well indeed.

The gang comprised of five members. Dunk was the leader, Brains was (unsurprisingly) the intelligent Weetabix who of course wore glasses, and Crunch was the muscle. Bixie was the token female member of the group (who wore yellow bows in her “hair”) but most peoples favourite Weetabix was Brian, who came across as being a little bit simple, and did very little except shout “OK!” in a quavery kind of voice.

The animated adverts usually took the form of the Weetabix gang parading around a table set with breakfast things whilst singing a song telling you that they were against “titchy breakfasts” of “airy-fairy cereals” and “breakfasts fit for sparrows”. Instead, they recommended “If you know what’s good for you”, you should partake of “Neat Wheat Mate”, that is of course a Weetabix or two, every morning. Most of the song was voiced by Dunk, with Bixie and Brian most likely to chip in with a “Yeah” or “OK”, and was delivered in an almost threatening manner, keeping true to the stereotypical image of the average skinhead.

The gang were so popular that Weetabix even started the Weetabix Club, for kids to join to get hold of freebies such as comic strips, postcards and badges. If you’d like to see one of those old adverts again, then check out the clip below.

Oh my gosh, that is AWESOME!!!!

How on earth did you find that???

Now if I could only find a pic from that for my av or my sig...

Me 'n the boys, in an early morning goof-off session:

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

In other news, zhubbell is supposed to have started construction on the tank this past weekend, whoo-hoo!!! :happydance:

Me 'n the boys, in an early morning goof-off session:

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

In other news, zhubbell is supposed to have started construction on the tank this past weekend, whoo-hoo!!! :happydance:

Too cute! I'm coming Thurs. to get in on the fun as long as PaPa Don continues to do OK. His body cleared the blood clot quickly & no discernable damage, thank God!!!

Archived