SaltCritters.com

Weetie's 10g Prop Tank

Weetabix7

If you can just survive another day. Come Sunday, I'll play with the boys & you can relax. We also have some decoy ducks to rescue from the cattails & position in the pond. I bought flowers for the boys to help us plant & $200 worth of food. Lots of fun ahead. Come & get it!!!!

BTW All of your goodies are happily soaking in my prop tank. I fed everyone last night & they were fat & sassy today!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did it, I did it, I ordered my camera from Walmart.com and it will arrive at my house in the mail on Tues. or Wed.!!!

I'm so excited!!!

I really wish I had it now though, you wouldn't believe the awesome pics I missed out on today, including little boys picking dandelions and this gorgeous, unbelievable moth on my back porch right now. He's huge and green and the tails on his wings look like those little "helicopters" that float down from trees.

I got the Canon Powershot A720 IS.

I can't wait to start taking and posting pics!!!

:happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

Great news, Weets!

Sounds like a luna moth? Here's one I got a pic of in 2004. Man, can't believe I've been using this camera that long!

dscn1189irf680wg0.jpg

(It should be greener, but I wasn't using anything but the auto setting back then, and the dark tree made the moth kind of overexposed...)

So, I've forgotten--what's keeping the next tank project on hold? :)

--Diane

Great news, Weets!

Sounds like a luna moth? Here's one I got a pic of in 2004. Man, can't believe I've been using this camera that long!

dscn1189irf680wg0.jpg

(It should be greener, but I wasn't using anything but the auto setting back then, and the dark tree made the moth kind of overexposed...)

So, I've forgotten--what's keeping the next tank project on hold? :)

--Diane

YES, that's exactly it, and you're right that it's greener in person!!!

So beautiful.

To answer your question, I'm working on the tank project, but I'm having problems getting my concept to work the way I want it to. I'm rather frustrated with it right now. I entered this contest in hopes of being able to straighten out the bugs I'm encountering right now:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

There are few things in life that are as fun as little boys, bubbles, and dandelions on a fine spring day. :happy:

To answer your question, I'm working on the tank project, but I'm having problems getting my concept to work the way I want it to. I'm rather frustrated with it right now. I entered this contest in hopes of being able to straighten out the bugs I'm encountering right now:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

What an interesting thread! Between that and your allusions to baffling a 20 in Mr. Fosi's thread, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

(BTW--it's indecision about just what to do that's holding up my expansion progress as well... :angry: )

There are few things in life that are as fun as little boys, bubbles, and dandelions on a fine spring day. :happy:

Oh, man, that reminds me of some prints I have of my son as a toddler in a field of dandelions and 3 goat kids! If I can find them, I'll have my daughter scan one in when she gets back...she's on Alternative Spring Break in New Orleans, right now...she's the only one who knows how to use the scanner...<_<

--D

DogfoodEnforcer
I did it, I did it, I ordered my camera from Walmart.com and it will arrive at my house in the mail on Tues. or Wed.!!!

I'm so excited!!!

I really wish I had it now though, you wouldn't believe the awesome pics I missed out on today, including little boys picking dandelions and this gorgeous, unbelievable moth on my back porch right now. He's huge and green and the tails on his wings look like those little "helicopters" that float down from trees.

I got the Canon Powershot A720 IS.

I can't wait to start taking and posting pics!!!

:happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

i have the A650IS and it ROCKS!!! ive never taken pictures as good as the ones with that camera. 12.1mega pixels as well.hehehe

New camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Diane let me play with her moth picture...more green she wants, more green she gets:

dscn1189irf680wg0.jpg

^^^

That's actually close, I would say that it's actually just a smidge less intense green.

I have 2 of them hanging on the windowscreen of my back porch now.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough that they'll still be there when my camera gets in tomorrow.

Needreefunds

Cool pix peeps.

Weetie, did you get the fitting apart yet??

If your nipples are still blue......( pause for effect )......

Ok, really, if you have what I think, try pushing the blue cap IN towards the hose first, then while still holding that ring in, pull the cap out.

Same for removing the hoses after all is assembled. OK?

( did the boys find the rest of the Easter eggs?? :huh: )

^^^^:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got the RO/DI working great, thanks.

The boys found 3 out of 18 eggs, we're still looking...

In other news, my camera is on the UPS truck now for delivery, YAY FOR ME!!!!

I'm still plugging away on the new remake of this tank. It's definitely requiring some plugging, things are not going smoothly. 2 Monti Caps, including my favorite lilac one, are showing some bleaching. :(

Found the following pic and just couldn't resist posting:

funny-pictures280.jpg

haha, weeties good news for me, thought I lost my sixline in my frag tank. Came home last night and he was swimming around in the baffles in my sump.

haha, weeties good news for me, thought I lost my sixline in my frag tank. Came home last night and he was swimming around in the baffles in my sump.

Awesome news!!

Here's my first macro pic from my new camera.

I just popped this off without messing with the camera or reading the owner's manual or anything. If I can get even sharper detail than this after fiddling with the camera, that would be awesome!

These are Yellow Eclipse zoas, which I don't think I've posted a pic of before.

canonpics044.jpg

Those are sweet!....What type of camera did you get BTW?

Thanks!

I got a Canon Powershot A720 IS.

This isn't the best pic, like I said, I'm still figuring this cam out and have barely started messing with it yet, but this is what my Blue Polyp Purple Cap looks like today:

canonpics041.jpg

This is what it looked like about a week ago:

DSCN2363.jpg

The first pic is under PC lighting and I had just turned the light on to take a pic; the second pic was taken under MH and the lights had been on, so take that into account when viewing color and polyp extension. It does show the area of bleaching that just showed up in the last day and a half though.

those look awesome, I am going to wait to take pics of the zoas until I figure out how to use this MH lighting. I dont know what to do with it. I posted in the MH thread...if you have any suggestions to my questions, it is greatly appreciate. Thanks again for all the help you have given me.

It is hard to tell because the second pic is so close, but looks like good growth? only a week? If you figure out easy method for taking macros I would like to know.

dopamine-- I'll check later and give you some input.

You've got it backwards on the pics though, the piece is going downhill. The last pic shown, the close-up, is the older pic in which it is healthier. The first pic was just taken, and if you look on the left hand side of the piece it shows where it's turning white.

haha! oops! I the first one looks bigger and I always see SPS with white tips so I thought that is how they grow. well thats no good! what do you think is doing it?

I have ALOT to read about before even thinking about getting any sps...hopefully I can just enjoy the color change with the MH for a while.

SeeDemTails

Where is you ca and alk at?

How about no3?

Temps staying stable?

No preds right?

How much flow are they getting? The pieces of monti cap that I had unmounted RTNed in a day because I had them in really low flow and they got detritus on them.

More pics.

This first pic is specifically for SPerry, and for all of the people who contributed to get me the 70w MH retro fixture for Christmas. It's not the best pic, but it shows the fixture over a 5.5 aquarium, which is where many of the corals left from my prop tank breakdown are currently being housed. This is NOT going to be the permanent setup.

All of the pics I'm posting on this thread right now are taken under this fixture.

canonpics065.jpg

This next pic is of my Tub's Blues. They had faded severely during all of the prop tank stress, and they are now getting their color back. They're not all the way back to the intensity of their original coloration, but they're MUCH better than they were!

canonpics080.jpg

This next pic shows in greater detail the damage that my Blue Polyp Purple Cap recently sustained.

I have this aquarium right next to another 5.5 with macroalgae and a few other softie frags in it. They were connected by a U-tube, but there wasn't direct circulation between them for 2 days. The damage to this cap showed up when I used a PH and some tubing to plumb them together. The sps became VERY unhappy when I did that. The water in both tanks came from the same source and had originally been circulating between them. The pump I was using was too strong and for 2 days the circulation was shut off between them while I got a new pump and got things resituated. I don't know what happened in those two days, but whatever it was it was enough to cause the damage you see in this pic:

canonpics081.jpg

Hey Wheetie,

Let me know if you ever decide to frag those blues! Very pretty!

By the way...the Willy Wonka polyps have opened. They were just pokey about it. Looks like everything made it and are happy.

Olivia

canonpics084.jpg

canonpics079.jpg

canonpics082.jpg

That last piece used to look like this before the crash:

DSCN2145.jpg

At least it's still got good polyp extension!

Archived