Pod Your Reef

Weetie's 10g Prop Tank

Weetabix7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's actually a Paly and I've been calling them Ashley's Angelfood.

They have longer skirts than you usually see and are fast growers.

RSCN1872.jpg

Holy Bat Cow Man! Those are freaking SWEET! I'm just across the mountain into Western NC... have any more frags of those? Hit me up if you do....

Second Birthday with all gear on.funkytime.jpg

hasselhoff-thumbs.jpg

Such a cute picture. She is beautiful. I know you are a proud daddy, Monk! I love 2 year olds.

Holy Bat Cow Man! Those are freaking SWEET! I'm just across the mountain into Western NC... have any more frags of those? Hit me up if you do....

Don't have anymore frags right now, but I may down the road as my own personal remaining frag grows out.

Gotta keep 'em going in Ashley's memory, maybe I oughtta submit this one to zoaid...

Had a totally awesome visit with PodRod today, who stopped by while she was in town for a business trip.

She's a super-cool Reefer Chick that I really wish lived closer!!

Got a gorgeous Duncan from her that I hope does well in my system. If it looks good tomorrow maybe I'll get a decent pic to post.

In other news, I've still continued to have aquarium issues and for that reason as well as others, I've made the decision to cut back to one system. I'm afraid if I don't, I'll just get too burned out dealing with all these aquarium issues, so I'm gonna go back to basics and just do a simple softie setup with a few lps and one or two small Monti's.

I'll be getting rid of A LOT of stuff, including the majority of my remaining sps. I have a bunch of really nice pieces that have lost some color due to my recent issues, but I think they'd recover fine if placed in a healthy system.

I'm sure I'll get back into sps (esp. Monti's!) someday when my aquariums are doing better and I'm more prepared to take good care of them.

Hey Weetabix - just givin you an update!

Im back from Aruba, and while it was wildly more expensive than anticipated, it was beyond inspiring, and I loved your design, so your tank is on the top of my list of things to finish.

Youre tank will be finished very shortly, and Im extremely excited to see how it turns out....

Hey Weetabix - just givin you an update!

Im back from Aruba, and while it was wildly more expensive than anticipated, it was beyond inspiring, and I loved your design, so your tank is on the top of my list of things to finish.

Youre tank will be finished very shortly, and Im extremely excited to see how it turns out....

Thanks for the update, that's good to hear. :)

Looks like the tank you're building me will be my one system that I will be keeping for a while.

Thanks for the update. I would LOVE to get some of "Ashley's Angelfood" when/if you decide to part with them. Just let me know.

If you'd like to frag some of your other stuff I'll gladly try to keep some going for when you do decide to go back "full blown" again. Just let me know if that's something you would like to do. I'm just up the road and over the hill from ya :)

If you are along I-40 before Ashville, I could meet you on my way to my daughter's when I am going after she has some ready to save on shipping.

In other news, I've still continued to have aquarium issues and for that reason as well as others, I've made the decision to cut back to one system. I'm afraid if I don't, I'll just get too burned out dealing with all these aquarium issues, so I'm gonna go back to basics and just do a simple softie setup with a few lps and one or two small Monti's.

I'll be getting rid of A LOT of stuff, including the majority of my remaining sps. I have a bunch of really nice pieces that have lost some color due to my recent issues, but I think they'd recover fine if placed in a healthy system.

I'm sure I'll get back into sps (esp. Monti's!) someday when my aquariums are doing better and I'm more prepared to take good care of them.

Weetie, sorry to hear of continuing problems, but I have never been able to imagine how you've done as much as you have with those two adorable kids of yours to take care of. My youngest is in her third year of high school, drives, etc., and I still feel guilty about spending too much time with my tank (or on N-R!). Looking forward to the new set-up, and I'm sure that someday you'll be able to branch out again when you just don't have quite so much on your plate! (Even getting the kiddos into all-day school helps some--until you become room-Mom, field-trip driver, etc....:D)

--Diane

Weetie,

Thank you so much for letting me stop by and visit while in town this week. I had a wonderful time and absolutely enjoyed my time with you and the boys. You have a WONDERFUL family and are so blessed!

I know you're going back to basics for awhile but, after seeing your tanks, I can only hope you get back in full force soon. You have so much to offer this hobby and we need you!!!!

For those of you that have never met Weetie in person - she is simply amazing and her boys are as sweet and charming as the pics show. I even had the pleasure of playing with a few toys, touring the backyard, and (of course) viewing her amazing tanks.

Thanks again and let me know if you're ever in the Charleston area - I'd love to have you visit!

Karen

Weetie,

Thank you so much for letting me stop by and visit while in town this week. I had a wonderful time and absolutely enjoyed my time with you and the boys. You have a WONDERFUL family and are so blessed!

I know you're going back to basics for awhile but, after seeing your tanks, I can only hope you get back in full force soon. You have so much to offer this hobby and we need you!!!!

For those of you that have never met Weetie in person - she is simply amazing and her boys are as sweet and charming as the pics show. I even had the pleasure of playing with a few toys, touring the backyard, and (of course) viewing her amazing tanks.

Thanks again and let me know if you're ever in the Charleston area - I'd love to have you visit!

Karen

They are awesome aren't they! She'll gear back up when they are a bit more help.

DSCF2365.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

For PodRod-- :grouphug::flower:

Here she is with my oldest boy. Notice the official Nano-Reef.com T-shirt!

IMG_1299.jpg

And here's a pic of the Duncan she generously "donated":

IMG_1320.jpg

It's actually greener in person, and seems to be doing very well!!

Very nice L...that's quite a donation.

It IS! :happy:

I'm hoping to do some fragging of it, some propagation of it in BibleSue's prop tank, and spread it around the N-R Community.

Nice Duncan Weetie!

I'm gonna have to research those to see if they'll work in my tank, it's very nice!

I'll be keeping a good thought for you on the tank issues!

All the best!

scott

For PodRod-- :grouphug::flower:

Here she is with my oldest boy. Notice the official Nano-Reef.com T-shirt!

IMG_1299.jpg

And here's a pic of the Duncan she generously "donated":

IMG_1320.jpg

It's actually greener in person, and seems to be doing very well!!

That picture is just too funny! I was feeling a little embarrassed until I ran across BibleSue's pic on the Quarter-horse and now I feel much better :blush:

Glad to hear the Duncan is doing well!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

How do you throw a miracle away?

How do you say to God, "That's so yesterday"!

-St. Phyl, Patron Saint of Futility

Sorry about your tank Weeties, Ill be taking down my NC6 also. Nice Duncan u got. My frag tank is doing alot better now. I have a new project on the way, but with fuel oil cost gonna up I dont know if it going to happen. This winter is gonna kill me.

Why you taking down your NC6?

I'll be fine, I just got so burned out with all the tank difficulties lately that I thought it would be wiser to cut back. But we all know how that usually goes!!!

Having issues with it, One less tank to take care of and a new project If i can do it. So really the NC6 and 15L frag tank will come down.

Having issues with it, One less tank to take care of and a new project If i can do it. So really the NC6 and 15L frag tank will come down.

Waitaminnit, WHAT????

I just got drooling over all those corals in your 15g frag tank!!!!

What are you gonna do with them?

Archived