Pod Your Reef

EZ III

ezcompany

FTS coming soon :)

Latest addition as of December 18 2007

lg1212071003croppedix6.jpg

acquired from Liveaquaria

name: Lineatus Fairy Wrasse (Super Male)

origin: Great Barrier Reef

sweet fish, almost got one a few weeks ago for dads 75. lfs had em for 119.00

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome Lineatus wrasse EZ... :)

Thanks Marvin :) what makes him stand out is that unlike most other males, his top half of the dorsal fin is RED :happy: Most others are just orange

i don't, that is the picture from liveaquaria LOL

Hopefully I made the right choice....its the most expensive light bulb i've ever purchased in my LIFE

LOL - that's cheating.

As for the bulb, that's saying something because one thing you learn from EZ's threads is that EZ has expensive taste!

nice fish EZ, I think I just aquired the same palys as you just got......

are you sure???? post a pic for me :)

Fate: i got mine at Marinedepot price matched with reeftanksupply $84.99 shipped, I'm not paying over $100 a bulb! bulb is coming in tomorrow!

brshiver: trust me, i've really curbed on spending!

7y6wruv.jpg

alright here's a pic from me

EZ if you can fit another fish get a female for him. The show he will put on for the female is amazing. Flashing colors you don't realize he has.

Sweet fish!

EZ if you can fit another fish get a female for him. The show he will put on for the female is amazing. Flashing colors you don't realize he has.

Sweet fish!

dah!!! i just got a mystery...females are really hard to find :(

the flame wrasse hates the new fish though, i need to keep a real close eye for the next few days!

FTS COMING TOMORROW

dah!!! i just got a mystery...females are really hard to find :(

the flame wrasse hates the new fish though, i need to keep a real close eye for the next few days!

FTS COMING TOMORROW

Hope you have a closed top or the Lineatus will drive the Mystery wrasse out of the tank. It would be worth the effort to catch the Mystery and trade for a female.

Your LFS can order one for you. You may have to wait for a bit to get her, but its possible.

Looking for that FTS. ;)

Hi EZ, I was wondering how shy is your new lineatus. Does it swim out in the open alot?. I got two Lyretail Anthias but they keep on hiding. I was thinking of getting a lineatus or a laboutei and add to the tank.

Thanks

thanks nanoclown :) how's ur tank and ur buddies tank doing?

tstone: top is sealed with 1/4 x 1/4 industrial clear netting. its not the lineatus doing the chasing, its actually the flame wrasse. i absolutely love my lineatus as its gentle but bold at the same time.

bao: i've had 2 lineatus, the first one was very shy and took around over a week to come out in the open, even then it would scurry back to the rocks if i was near. that one jumped out the tank to a tiny crack...my 2nd lineatus (this one) is absolutely bold and started feeding the next day. by the 3rd or 4th day, it would recognize me as food and come towards me (albeit cautiously) staring at me with its eyes begging for food. i heard labouteis are one of the more aggressive fairy wrasses. good luck!

tank coming along well EZ. We just ordered cristina a chiller, lights are coming not too far down the road I hope.

Post up some details of the top you built for it, please ... we need to build a top for hers, to keep 'em from jumping.

6yfi6jd.jpg

heres the pic for the page.

wiz- the top was made from a Home Depot screen door kit, you can find it for around $10. You then need to saw the aluminum frame to match your top. I'll try to post more pics for you

heres the pic for the page.

wiz- the top was made from a Home Depot screen door kit, you can find it for around $10. You then need to saw the aluminum frame to match your top. I'll try to post more pics for you

Tank looks great. Have you noticed whether or not your screen blocks some of the light that enters your tank? I'm thinking about adding a top to mine, just wondering if I can/should put it on only at night.

Archived