inTank Media Baskets

EZ III

ezcompany

Thanks for the inside scoop buddy.

The back chambers of your Solana are packed. :eek:

Can you describe what you did to the Eheim Liberty to create the fuge?

oh...that was just a suggestion for the other dude to have a hob on his back. i don't run my eheim as a fuge, just for carbon and phosphate removal right now. the aquaclears would be a more viable option for a fuge as the top is clear so you can attach a light on it and you would have one large chamber instead of two smaller chambers like the eheim. does this make sense?

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you noticed a good bit of improvement in water quality since you switched skimmers? Also, did you have to do any modding to fit the newer skimmer back there or did it just slide right in? Thanks.

have you noticed a good bit of improvement in water quality since you switched skimmers? Also, did you have to do any modding to fit the newer skimmer back there or did it just slide right in? Thanks.

MCE300 fits right in. I had to cut the molding a little for the Eheim to fit in. water level needs to be raised for both skimmer and hob to be functional. skimmer definitely pulls out a lot of gunk!

Hey Jin -

Your tank is looking awesome as usual. If you ever decide to frag those lunar eclipse palys please send me a PM. My colony died out about 6 months after I sent the pic to zoaid.com

Thanks,

Stan

Hey Jin -

Your tank is looking awesome as usual. If you ever decide to frag those lunar eclipse palys please send me a PM. My colony died out about 6 months after I sent the pic to zoaid.com

Thanks,

Stan

phase, the deltec is worth the $300 :) there's a skimmate pic somewhere.....ill try to shoot one for you.

Stan! they are different from lunar eclipses~

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gall...;g2_itemId=5254

lol

brshiver, how did you set up your CA reactor? do you have a sump? i gotta check out your tank thread~~

Sorry, EZ. I missed this question and there are few details on the CA reactor in my thread ;)

Mine is a DIY, single chamber reactor that is around 3 feet tall so it does not fit under the tank. It is fed by 1/4 inch tubing that tees off the return pump tubing from the sump. The CA reactor will not reduce the return flow/pressure by a noticeable amount. The tee goes to a 1/4 inch john guest quick connect fitting which seems to be able to handle the pressure just fine. You should be able to do the same with you return pump line with or without a sump - assuming you have not already plumbed yours in ;)

The return from the reactor drips into the fuge area so that the CO2 rich water lands right on the macro algae. Then it flows over a baffle and gets pumped into the main, hopefully blowing off more of the CO2. I elected not to drip the return near the skimmer to help blow off the CO2. I forget the reason I chose not to do it that way as the skimmer chamber does feed the fuge.

The rate I am at right now is probably 60 bubbles per minute and an efluent rate that drips fast - just under a steady stream. My ph is running a little lower than before, but I dose Kalk every morning to make up for it. I am adding a kalk stirred on a paristaltic pump to top off through the night, but I have not plumbed it in yet. I have all the parts, but they are collecting dust ;) The current ATO is just fed straight from the RO/DI unit.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, EZ. I missed this question and there are few details on the CA reactor in my thread ;)

Mine is a DIY, single chamber reactor that is around 3 feet tall so it does not fit under the tank. It is fed by 1/4 inch tubing that tees off the return pump tubing from the sump. The CA reactor will not reduce the return flow/pressure by a noticeable amount. The tee goes to a 1/4 inch john guest quick connect fitting which seems to be able to handle the pressure just fine. You should be able to do the same with you return pump line with or without a sump - assuming you have not already plumbed yours in ;)

The return from the reactor drips into the fuge area so that the CO2 rich water lands right on the macro algae. Then it flows over a baffle and gets pumped into the main, hopefully blowing off more of the CO2. I elected not to drip the return near the skimmer to help blow off the CO2. I forget the reason I chose not to do it that way as the skimmer chamber does feed the fuge.

The rate I am at right now is probably 60 bubbles per minute and an efluent rate that drips fast - just under a steady stream. My ph is running a little lower than before, but I dose Kalk every morning to make up for it. I am adding a kalk stirred on a paristaltic pump to top off through the night, but I have not plumbed it in yet. I have all the parts, but they are collecting dust ;) The current ATO is just fed straight from the RO/DI unit.

Good luck!

i couldn't find my tank thread...it was buried! didn't know there were so many new members on n-r.com.

thats a good idea where the reactor drips into the macro algae. how are you keeping your kalk stirred? do you have a magnetic stirrer or just have it manually stirred, and dosed through the peristaltic pump?

EZ how you dose kalk?

ghetto diy kalk dripper :P

Well???? Tell me some good news Jin, tell me some good news...

I did a bunch of stuff to the tank, and dinos are gone~ ;)

didn't do 48 hours, only did 40 hours but i still fed the tank :P

I did a bunch of stuff to the tank, and dinos are gone~ ;)

didn't do 48 hours, only did 40 hours but i still fed the tank :P

I knew you wouldn't listen to me, hahaha!!! But that's good they are gone. PM me your secrets! ;) Gah, now I gotta come back and see the tank again, post brown phase... :(

Who knows, but it's probably something good. bastard.

Hey EZ don't forget your camera today. bastard.

i didn't get anything!!!!!

Archived