inTank Media Baskets

EZ III

ezcompany

Was the "disco UFO orb" not putting out enough lite for your corals?

it wasn't. its a great fixture, according to that one link i posted the reflector and ballast outperformed a PFO reflector and a RFM ballast, just 150 doesn't cut it in a deeper tank like this for sps. it is perfect for lps.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you had the 250w? They make one don't they?

after initial tests it was concluded that the 250 in the pendant was much too hot to be safe. the 150 heats up the pendant hot enough to not be able to touch more than a few seconds. the 250 would make it searing.

after initial tests it was concluded that the 250 in the pendant was much too hot to be safe. the 150 heats up the pendant hot enough to not be able to touch more than a few seconds. the 250 would make it searing.

good for winter months, and people without a kitchen.

on another note, of wizard of the clams. Please answer my clam noobie question.

I was at an lfs today and looking for a clam. I've only had one in the past so I'm pretty much a virgin with clams. It was a maxima that looked like this:

indexmax3.jpg

sorry for the poor image. It's the only one I could find that looked similar. It's about 3 inches long. They wanted $70 for it. Is that a rip off? And is 3in enough of a surface area to live off photosyth alone?

good for winter months, and people without a kitchen.

on another note, of wizard of the clams. Please answer my clam noobie question.

I was at an lfs today and looking for a clam. I've only had one in the past so I'm pretty much a virgin with clams. It was a maxima that looked like this:

indexmax3.jpg

sorry for the poor image. It's the only one I could find that looked similar. It's about 3 inches long. They wanted $70 for it. Is that a rip off? And is 3in enough of a surface area to live off photosyth alone?

clams are able to survive through photosynthesis alone the minute they are born. looks like a cultured clam from ponape classified as an ultra maxima. if it has the whites in the middle then i would say its worth it. prices for ultra maxis range from 50 cheap upto 100 (vivid aquariums)

that's a sock picture from clamsdirect. this one was kinda tealish with light brown in the middle.

$70 is average price. wholesale price is $20-$30 for ultra maxis

clams are able to survive through photosynthesis alone the minute they are born.

seriously?

because when I used to read up on clams the common rule was any clam <2" couldnt survive on photosynthesis alone... was I told wrong?

seriously?

because when I used to read up on clams the common rule was any clam <2" couldnt survive on photosynthesis alone... was I told wrong?

yes you were told wrong : )

myths, ALL OF THEM

nip san, lemme think about the echinata. got a link or pic?

screw the echinata, i want a frag of whats in the background.

DISCO BALL is mine..... :lol: you can't attach it anyways!

background i agree, looks like a purple tip suharsunoi

Dang it EZ! You always have the most fabulous tanks!! :lol:

I really have been out of it for a while ... didn't realize Current finally released a new tank.

no idea, naka just said it was from ORA. So I figured you could easily find it since it's an ora aquaculture.

deepwaterlu2.jpg

Suharsunoi would be my first guess as well.

no idea, naka just said it was from ORA. So I figured you could easily find it since it's an ora aquaculture.

deepwaterlu2.jpg

Suharsunoi would be my first guess as well.

bery bery nice i like. ask him how much :)

Archived