Coral Vue Hydros

EZ III

ezcompany

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WASSUUUUUUUP?!

turning_goldfish.jpg

i should've gotten 100 of those for the price and try acclimating. one of them should survive...voila, hybrid flame wrasse!

What are the dimensions on that tank? Also how much room do you have from the back filtration to the front for stacking rocks?

Looks real nice!

the lfs finally got them in here, but the stand i ordered didnt come in...so the tank is still at the lfs

hey ex i was just wondering but how much was your tank? just the tank alone? my lfs says theres an introductory price for them for $279, just wondering if thats with everywhere

Thanks for the comments guys.

Rene- tank comes with a glass cover that fits perfectly on plastic hinges you can place on the rim

nanoclown & stoney- wipe the drool the show isn't over :happy:

hopkins- dimensions are a perfect cube 20^3 there is ample room in the back for additional filtration media/rocks however not as much if you want to keep the recommended water level

marvin- fish is swimming and trying to accept flakes now as it was spoiled on mysis. i'll try to get pics as he's not too shy of me :) will a female really help with colors or is that just a sales pitch?

fatex9- thats the msrp from Current USA released nationwide so you got a fair deal :)

cambarr- one design issue, the stock filter padding gets clogged (like all manual filtration does). the one that can be an issue is the one in the intake, as this changes the water level of the back chambers affecting protein skimmer performance.

----------------------------

I did some work on the tank, I got around installing a 1/10th chiller. I was lazy to start a siphon so I just stuck a Hydory L35 pump in the 3rd chamber. The temps was 87 degrees, and i brought it down to 79. i'm guessing i have too many pumps in there (5) and the weather has been very warm as of late.

Water level is a major issue in the back chambers, I removed all stock mechanical filtration and decided to use one pad of 100 micron filter floss to keep things clean back there. all bio balls were removed, from skimmer also. The filter floss does a good job of catching all the microbubbles from the skimmer the balls aren't needed in the skimmer. Tunze osmolator was installed in the back to keep the water levels steady.

On another note i fragged off a coral accidentally while cleaning the glass :(

have you thought about using a sump?

thats what im doing to his tank

i figured a sump will stablize the back chambers so there isnt much fluctuation in water height so the skimmer would work properly

we're gunna get the bottom drilled, 2 holes one in the middle and one in the return pump area

the thing i like about the back chamber of this tank is its large enough to drill

im also goign to put in a scwd and take out the loc line

the return pump is going to be a quiet one 4000

so far thats the "plan" but what ive learned in planning new tanks is that things always end up changing

i would LOVE to have a tank go the way i want but something ALWAYS happens

looks like hes going to be going with a 20" sunpod 150w mh, my lfs is only selling them for 230 which i think is an awesome price, especially for an lfs

This tank will eb released w/out the ALL IN ONE features ... so just a rimless glass tan - that would be worth drilling for a standpipe, or build your own overflow in there.

Ours here has been running hot as well, 85-86 on average for the past few days. about to get a fan assembly 2 or 4 fans to clip ont he back to blow over the surface - only problem then will be the evaporation - as of right now, we go through both bottle in less than a day. I can fill them up in the AM, and when i get home, they will be empty, or very close to.

marvin- fish is swimming and trying to accept flakes now as it was spoiled on mysis. i'll try to get pics as he's not too shy of me :) will a female really help with colors or is that just a sales pitch?

EZ, man.... if you can get a trio (1 male & 2 females) that'll be so cool to see... yeah, coloration will be better when fairy wrasses have a few females they can flash... ;)

What a neat fish. I'm glad the solana has a hood...I didn't read too well and was worried you were somehow putting this thing in a topless tank even though common sense told me you knew way better than that.

Archived