Cultivated Reef

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

I might try that. It's not cracked or anything or doesn't look warped...never leaked before. I see that they offer a o-ring replacement online but I JUST placed and got my order today from Drs. F&S. I don't want to order a $1.49 part and wait for it to come in. I might call around my LFS to see if they have this...doubtful that they do though.

Hey Adam,

I have an order ready to place- let me know if you want the part added...

Almost looks from the FTS he has a small rock he could give you without having to cut the neomeris.

l like the way you think Spanko!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Karen. I am going to check with Tideline at lunch today since they said that they have the replacement for it. We'll see though....I've heard that before :)

If not, I would definitely like to order the part...it's a whole $1.49 so I might have to add another one or two things (test kits).

I'll let you know.

Thanks Karen. I am going to check with Tideline at lunch today since they said that they have the replacement for it. We'll see though....I've heard that before :)

If not, I would definitely like to order the part...it's a whole $1.49 so I might have to add another one or two things (test kits).

I'll let you know.

No problem - I'll hold off until I hear back from you...

Alright....so maybe someone should take me out and beat me with a stick :) I just got back from the LFS and I got a rubber o-ring replacement for the reactor. Haven't tried it out so fingerscrossed . When I went in there, they were nice enough to bring out a new one to make sure that it would fit. That's when I noticed that there actually should have been a o-ring in there all along. Here I was thinking that there was just thin gasket and that this was supposed to seal it. The rubber o-ring must have gotten lost over the past year so no freaking wonder why it was leaking :slap:

I'll have to report whether we are leak free or not. The tank is already looking clearer from just running Seagel in a bag overnight. The Phosban should be kicking some serious tail soon...hopefully :)

It's nice to have something work for once :)

Seagel is made by Seachem and it is a mix of their matrix carbon and phosphate remover. Just put it in a media bag, give it a rinse, and drop it in an area with decent flow. Last about 3-4 months. Here is a link to it:

Seagel is made by Seachem and it is a mix of their matrix carbon and phosphate remover. Just put it in a media bag, give it a rinse, and drop it in an area with decent flow. Last about 3-4 months. Here is a link to it:

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/SeaGel.html

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/SeaGel.html

I've decided to try the seagel once I run out of my current batch of media. I use two different kinds for carbon and phosphate. It's also great that they sell it by weight instead of small packages too. Thanks for the info.

Glad I could help Boris. I really have liked it in the past and it seems to do a great job of removing any gunk and really making the water sparkle.

I am getting ready to take some pics this afternoon so look for some tomorrow :)

Awesome man. I know that her and Weetie have some great stuff. I might be setting up a pico later this summer. Just gotta start scraping some funds together. I haven't run this by my wife but I'm sure she won't care :) We'll see though...still got some plans for my BC.

Awww, you guys are sweet. :wub:

BibleSue really does have some good stuff, much more than me ATM!

I'm getting ready to do a MAJOR overhaul on all of my tanks tho, and I expect to have some stuff to sell at the end of it.

So dive, are you saying that Seagel stuff works better than a skimmer????

Awww, you guys are sweet. :wub:

BibleSue really does have some good stuff, much more than me ATM!

I'm getting ready to do a MAJOR overhaul on all of my tanks tho, and I expect to have some stuff to sell at the end of it.

So dive, are you saying that Seagel stuff works better than a skimmer????

I hope you were saying that it works really well with the skimmer :D

I like skimming....

I like zoas too.....

well, enough about me....where are those pictures :) ?

First to answer Weetie and Boris.....I would definitely say that Seagel does not replace what a skimmer can remove. I think a lot of how effective really depends on the size of the tank. Even with my phosban reactor and seagel in the tank, my skimmer still pulls out some nice gunk. I would say that for really small tanks, maybe 10 gallons or less, where a skimmer really isn't an option, Chemi-pure/Purigen/Seagel would really probably suffice more than a skimmer. For my tank, I just use as many options as I can :)

Now for the pictures....there are quite a few so let me warn you first.

Top-down Shots

Right side - Looking down on Orange Monti Cap, Orange Digitata, Superman Monti, Zoas, Octospawn, and Purple Polyped Monti

CRW_7309.jpg

Left side - Looking down on Baby Blue Polyp Monti Cap and Green Pocillipora. Check out how the cap overgrown where i epoxied it back together :)

CRW_7278.jpg

Middle - Gold Maxima Clam and various zoas

CRW_7277.jpg

Full Frontal Zoas

CRW_7283.jpg

CRW_7284.jpg

CRW_7285.jpg

CRW_7298.jpg

Rics

CRW_7299.jpg

CRW_7295.jpg

Stonies

Superman Monti that I almost killed from moving around so much. It's been in this spot for a month now and is starting to grow again. It was basically just a few millimeters left before it started recovering.

CRW_7312.jpg

Orange Encrusting Monti - Continues to spread down onto rock

CRW_7292.jpg

Purple Polyed w/yellow base Monti

CRW_7291.jpg

Green Pocillipora

CRW_7301.jpg

CRW_7290.jpg

Caps

CRW_7287.jpg

CRW_7294.jpg

Lastly, the Acro frag that PodRod gave me. It was kind of a deeper blue/brown when I got it from her. I placed it on a frag mag after letting it settle in and now I move it higher and higher in the tank. It is hard to see in these but it is starting to get some really nice blue/green coloration and the polyps are turning bright yellow and it is starting to put out buds for new branches. Kind of hard to capture in pictures :(

CRW_7281.jpg

CRW_7303.jpg

CRW_7310.jpg

That's all folks (in Elmer Fudd voice)

airman_verde04
Awesome man. I know that her and Weetie have some great stuff. I might be setting up a pico later this summer. Just gotta start scraping some funds together. I haven't run this by my wife but I'm sure she won't care :) We'll see though...still got some plans for my BC.

no way! me too, I have a 3g eclipse I'm going to set up at work if I get an office.. you'll have to keep me posted, we can maybe split a bag of Live sand, since the smaller bag was more than enough for my 10g.. I'm actually going to get about a pound or so of decorative rock and start working on a awsome to scale rock scaping ( I want a really nice arch suspended in the middle, so I'll be doing some glue'n) so when I'm ready to start the tank, i'll only have to get like 2 pounds of LR for the base to set the rock on top.

Wow - you've had some amazing growth as well! Those caps are starting to round out nicely and take on their true form - I love them! All looks good - and I still want some of those strange green things!!!!!!!!!

crazy growth on those SPS and some really nice photos.

looks like that Green Pocillipora is growing down but not up?

airman_verde04

Hey Adam (and Karen since I'm sure you will see this too) incase you guys looking for my post through the pages, I moved it to the members aquariums!!

Archived