inTank Media Baskets

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

Here I am sitting in front of my tank with the new fixture hooked up and........all I can say is WOW WOW WOW :D. I only have 3 out of the 5 running and the colors are out of this world. Here is the combo that I ended up going with:

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Spezial

UVL 75/25

ATI Blue Spezial

ATI Blue Plus

I will wait til the corals "wake up" and gets some pics with just the Actinics and some with it full blast.

Just made and otherwise pretty low couple of days a lot better. I miss the shimmer of the halides but the color is unreal!!!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we expect at least 100 pics... plus comparison pics from halides to this..hehe :P

your making me want get my BC salty again :) hmmm. and i sold my sunpod...which means what??? T5's maybe :blush:

I just took about 30 pictures so there should be plenty....and that was just with the Actinics going :)

Get that bad boy salty again ;)

airman_verde04

hey Adam, sounds cool about the light.. I really hope your wifes grandfather is doing better now!!! keep me posted.. I'll have to come over and see it so I can figure how I'm going to wire your moonlights..

Carolinapico

Nice sounds good. You might be able to rig up something like a LED or other bulb later that will give you a slight shimmer. Can't wait to see the pics.

Here I sit with my memory card at work with about 75 pictures ready to go through and no card reader. I'll have to pick it up during lunch and post the pics this afternoon.

All corals seemed really nice and happy yesterday with the new lights.....we'll see how they do over the next week. That will be the true test.

One thing that was really nice was that I didn't have to run my fan unit at all yesterday....the silence was deafening :)

Well lets just say get ready for a few pictures :) I ended up taking about 85 last night so I had to pair them down just a little. Didn't want to tire anyone out.

The first set will be with the tank under just the Actinics as well as the UVL 75/25. The rest will be with all lights blasting. I will have to fiddle around with them more since some of them are lacking a little punch that there is in real life. I haven't quite figured out the settings for these bulbs in my RAW converter so future ones will be a little better.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. You may notice that I did a good bit of rearranging as well. I did this last week. I broke down the rock that the clam was on since it was just too big, too covered in Neomeris, and just was distracting. I glued some zoa frags onto the rock and moved the green/purple birdsnest or whatever it may be up onto the rock since I don't think it was getting enough light.

I will put up some side by side shots tomorrow. Running low on energy this afternoon.

Ready and Waiting for the Fixture :P

CRW_7515.jpg

CRW_7520.jpg

Actinics and UVL

CRW_7521.jpg

All Full Blast!!!

CRW_7522.jpg

Full Tank Shot

CRW_7537.jpg

CRW_7538.jpg

CRW_7539.jpg

CRW_7549.jpg

I love this picture

CRW_7540.jpg

CRW_7551.jpg

CRW_7552.jpg

The Tort looks a little brown here but doesn't look this way in person. Notice all the bright blue growth :)

CRW_7554.jpg

ora_tort_03.jpg

CRW_7556.jpg

Still one of my favorites...Green Poccilopora

CRW_7557.jpg

CRW_7558.jpg

Sorry for how grainy some of these pictures are....I'm really frustrated at how Photobucket downgrades the size. The originals are around 10MB and crystal clear -_-

These are with all lights running....

CRW_7559.jpg

CRW_7562.jpg

Superman that has come back from the brink on the planet Krypton...

CRW_7563.jpg

CRW_7564.jpg

CRW_7568.jpg

CRW_7569.jpg

CRW_7570.jpg

CRW_7572.jpg

CRW_7576.jpg

CRW_7581.jpg

And, since we never really see what all of these tanks look like in their setting, here is a picture of the living room with the tank in there. Sorry for how blown out the tank is but had to do it to get the room lit properly

CRW_7589.jpg

airman_verde04

haha.. got a little overhang on your lights!! but they look great!! I hope your pleased with them, and I'm sure they look much better in person. You'll have to have Melisa and I over so I can figure out where I can wire up your moonlights! ya know, I might be free after 7 on monday.. hmm.. anyways, I can bring over my light stuff and do it while you wait. HAHA usaly its pretty easy and quick to do up lights. you should only need one ore 2 bulbs.

oh hey, what are those little green worm'y looking things all over your tank? haha, they look really good in your tank

oh hey, what are those little green worm'y looking things all over your tank? haha, they look really good in your tank

That is Neomeris Annulata. A calcium using macro algae. Very nice stuff. I thought he was gonna trim it some but if he did it is growing right back again. Nice stuff, very florescent.

airman_verde04

cool, Neomeris Annulata!! haha.. anyways.. Adam, hey I'm making an order from dr.F&S, do you or Karen need to order anything? I need a larger flow pump for my RO/salt water mixing reserve tank thing-ga-ma-gigg. anyways.. I plan on placing the order by this weekend..

Thanks for the compliments on the tank guys. I am definitely loving the new light.....the colors are just really out of this world. What is great is that I could basically change the whole look of the tank by just changing out the middle bulb....and that would only be about $18 instead of swapping a whole new MH bulb. I will have to monitor how growth and color changes compared to the halides.

Glad you guys like the Neomeris. As is my motto for life, Everything in Moderation. I don't mind spots of it here and there but sometimes it gets a little out of control. Spanko, I did just trim this all back about a month ago....guess it just loves my tank :)

David, let me see how things are going with my wife's grandfather over the next couple days and see when all of the arrangements take place. He is still holding on after being off life support for 4 days now. I know one thing, there will be A LOT of sleeping going on this weekend....was up til 4 last night and in at work by 8. Good thing I love coffee :haha:

airman_verde04

haha.. no worries.. I just got off about 3 days of12 hour 7-7pm shift, I just woke up.. haven't got up before 9am in over a year now for work! haha.. we will get ya set up in the next few weeks for sure.

oooooo ahhhhhh ooooooooahhhhh ooahh oooooooahhh.... i need sunglasses on this one...... i vote T5 over sunpod :) :)

i figured it would have a more 14k look though with all those blue bulbs

oooooo ahhhhhh ooooooooahhhhh ooahh oooooooahhh.... i need sunglasses on this one...... i vote T5 over sunpod :) :)

Thanks Mike. I am sold on the T5s for the time being. Evaporation has been brought down to about 1/4 gallon a day, the temp fluctuates about 1.5 degrees (I run the house at 74 during the day and 70 at night so

this is the main culprit) and the colors are looking great. So far I haven't noticed any ill effects on the corals so I'm still slowly acclimating them to the photoperiod. I am just gradually increasing the duration each day by about 15 minutes.

When the actinics are on it looks like a 20k Radium (gaging just from pictures). With the lights fully blasting, it is probably close to maybe a 12k. It looks a little whiter in those pictures than it does in real life. Hopefully the next batch that I take represents the colors a little better. I was disappointed on how the Tort pictures came out since the branches are really a nice blue color. I am finally starting to see some growth on the Blue Stag.

Waterchange and Picture day are tomorrow :)

those lights just make the water look prestine.. im guessing you got the 24" model.. anyway those lights are just blowing me away dude.. seriosly...i cant get over how good they look

Thanks. I really like the look they give the tank as well....I find myself looking at it more and more :)

It is the 24" model since that is the smallest size that Aquatinics makes. The overhang on the sides of the tank is less than aesthetic but I could really care less since it still looks good to me and I will probably hang it eventually on this tank or the next.

airman_verde04
It is the 24" model since that is the smallest size that Aquatinics makes. The overhang on the sides of the tank is less than aesthetic but I could really care less since it still looks good to me and I will probably hang it eventually on this tank or the next.

well, you did say you want to upgrade to a solana, this light should fix that tank perfectly shouldn't it? you'll have to keep me on the notice list if I haven't got my new tank when that time comes (no time soon for me, next year at best) Melisa likes the BC's she got mad at me for not getting one.. HAHA..

airman_verde04

hey Adam!! thanks for stopping by my tank page!! your right!! I love the new rock scape, and yes, I got the last toadstool they had.. it was on sale for 10.99, I looked online and they seem to average around $20s, so I said.. WHY NOT!! and then also got those discus's.. anyways man.. I would really love some GSP!! I hope I can wire up some moonlight for you soon, I got my LED's in yesterday.. I think that will really fill in the color and really tie in the softie side of the tank, and since I'm planing on putting hard coral on the other side, will give a very defined balance.. my tank is so small, real estate is short coming in my tank, so Its hard to put stuff in there without using poxy.. so I think until I upgrade.. it will be easier to place stuff and whatnot..

hows the ChuckTown reef looking today... do you have some sort of shield under your lights???? seems it would be awful close to your water level

Things are cruising right along on the reef :) The light itself has an acrylic splash shield that protects the bulbs. At some point I might add some legs to the fixture or hang it somehow but nothing right now. It is probably only about 2-3 inches above the water.

I will have to post up some pics that I took the other day. I spent about 2 hours scraping off all of the coralline that was on the back wall and the corals really really pop against the black background. The contrast is pretty amazing in person.

wow that new light set up is sweeeeeet! How much for one of those bad boys? It looks like it cover the whole tank and then some! Does this techinically mean you are no longer topless :o

I think that fixture would look sweet hanging over the tank. Set up a nice pully so you can raise up the lights for water changes and fiddling around.

Archived