ReefCleaners.org

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

Funny thing is I was saying the whole time I might not have fish...now I can't stop watching them

littleguy.jpg

The little guy is taking a bit of a beating but I guess that is normal as they work some things out :o

They have made a few stabs at my hammer and the torch and slept above all the Euphyllia on the back wall last night but they have yet to truly host anything.

So what do ya'll feed your percs? How much and how often? Thanks

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, although corals can't be beat in a lot of respects, it's great to have fish in the tank as well.

As far as feeding, I used to have to crush up some flake pretty small to get them to eat at first. Mine were pretty small when I got them (they are fatties now) so they were too small for pellets. I used to feed every day in my 55 gallon but now I feed every other day in the BC.

I usually just mix it up. I will feed Reef Complete flake one time, pellets the next and then as a treat once a week I'll feed mysis shrimp since they love those.

Hope that helps.

great picture everyone has posted great picture i gues I will to on my post. things looking really good.

I see you posted what you feed you clowns i was going to ask, My clown is so picky to eat, I actuall have to cut the mysis to small peices , it will not eat flakes or pellets :( :(

any sugjestions

Seems like my fish are not picky at all. They gobble up mysis, Hikori marine S pellets and even go crazy when I add some roti-feast.

It just always seems like they want more. I have been doing very small feeding once a day and the gobble up every bit. I will stay on that course and see how thing progress.

Woke up this morning to snow!!! wohoo winter is coming.

I also woke to a missing fish!?! :scarry: The smaller perc had done the whole over the back into the 3rd chamber trick.

I put a few tiny pellets on the surface of the water and scooped it out with a strainer ( I have no net?). Got him first try, it took all of 15 seconds. But I know I won't always be that lucky so I guess its off to the hardware store to do another mod. I'm thinking just glue a strip of platics against the baffle to increase the height.

What have you guys done to remedy this problem? Any help would be appreciated by my little fishes!

Gutter guard from home depot or lowes, or go to the LFS and get a pc. of plastic they put on the light hoods by the HOB filters. Either one will pretty well clip on the wall and increase it's height. Have not had this problem since doing this. You will have to do some cutting to fit but not too bad.

nice fish buddy.. loooking good... ive been feeding my clown just Cyclo-peeze pellets and Frozen Brine every 2-3 days.. sometimes ill thrown in a lil treat of mys or rotifers,

I used the gutter guard. It has a slot the clamps on the top of the wall. I have not looked at the plastic guard that the fish stores sell, but I did read a thread where someone used it and it also has a slot that clamps on the top of the wall. The gutter guard serves its purpose well but I ma try the other stuff just to see how it works also so I can speak to either with some knowledge.

Thanks again spank-

The reef shop didn't have any plastic that would work so I am going to go buy some of that gutter guard tomorrow at the Depot.

Hopefully he will stay in the display overnight. It seems like they have taken a liking to my octospawn and the Euphyllia's on the back wall. One totally disappears into the tents of the octospawn, can't wait to get a pick with them poking out.

I love pictures of clowns inside anything with tentacles. Since your Euphyllias are on the back wall more of a chance for the clowns to get curious and go over to play. The gutter guard will definitely help.

Woke up this morning to snow!!! wohoo winter is coming.

Snow!!! I remember those days living in Pennsylvania and the Midwest. Those days are long gone here in South Carolina though. People freak out around here when it gets in the 40s :)

Glad to hear that your clowns aren't picky eaters. Mine were a pain to get to eat at first but now they eat like hogs. Just make sure to feed them a good amount and then stop. Like you said, they will ALWAYS act like they are hungry...it's just their nature as clownfish.

I think you said this, but did you get all of the hammers and froggies locally or online? I really have an itch to add a torch, froggy, or hammer to the tank. I miss this guy that I grew from 5 heads into 30+ when I sold it :(

CRW_5978.jpg

wokeup this moring to a missing clown again. The little guy had jummped over the wall again and into the third chamber. I lifted the back lid and there he was staring back at me with this sorry look.

Well I scooped him out again...30 seconds this time.. and went straight to Home Depot

Got a 2ft piece of gutter guard for 99 cents cut it down a little bit and snapped it on to the baffle wall.

what it looks like from the store

gutterguard002.jpg

I just used cooking shears and cut it along the bottom row of diamonds. I did it in two pieces, one acroos the majority of the wall and then a small piece over the grill since it was slightly higher

gutterguard001.jpg

The wall is a little wide across so it takes a little finessing to get it to snap into place. But once it is in it is solid

I got mine at Home Depot in the roofing section near the gutter supplies. Brown or white were the only two colors but it is not even visible from the tank.

No more jumping for you fish!!!

Hey Dive I buy all my stuff locally from a nice reef shop, they have even been picking some choice pieces out of their display tank for me. I think I just ask enough times that they finally say yes!

Congrats buddy....I know how exciting it all was when my White Sox won it all a couple years ago. The Rockies are cruising through just like the Sox did (only lost one game the whole playoffs and Series).

Make sure to lap it up and enjoy it :)

I was at the game last night just off 1st base. The place went crazy after the final out.

Can't wait till next week to see if they can keep up the winning streak.

LOL - Did you see the 3 guys in red jackets at 40-45 seconds into the video? I don't think they were very happy :P

Great vid, and jeeebus, great seats!

You know, if you can afford seats that good to a play-off game. Maybe your wife should let you get a second "larger" tank. Just don't bring home another Nano 12g DX.....hahahahaha.

Haha Geo LOL

Trust me I got plans for a built in. Got the perfect place in my main great room ;)

The nano was just a test run to see if we were willing to commit. We want to run it for 1 year first and then move on.

We'll I just spotted a little section of red flat worms :angry: I am sure there are plenty more if I can see 10 little ones in a small nitch.

I guess I will give the whole suction attempt but I will probably just get some Flat Worm Exit

What have been your experiences and what works best? I just hate to waste my time suctioning for 2 weeks only to have to use the FWE anyways.

Maybe a 6 line Wrass, I thought I read they eat flat worms?

Unfortunately and fortunately I guess I have never dealt with flatworms. Luckily, there should be plenty of information out there about treating them and getting rid of them. Do you know what they came in on? I would mention it to your LFS just so they have a heads up that they might have a problem on their hands if you think it came from them.

I'm sure you can beat them easily though and you'll be right back in action. When you upgrade to a large tank, just feel free to ship some of your corals to me instead of hassling with switching tanks :) Just kidding...I'm sure the next tank will be even better.

I have no idea where they came from but I know where they're going!!

Water change tomorrow so I am going to try to suction the little bastaches out. I guess I'll give it a try for a little bit and see if it can be done effectively.

Finally found a nice sun coral. I have been saving a spot waiting to find the right one.

This one is pretty cool. It has about 30 heads of orange and about 10 black heads.

Pics coming...............

Archived