Pod Your Reef

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

You're my inspiration! ;)

Seriously though, I really like the look of your tank. I want to have some big frogspawn and hammers in mine as well.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troy-----Not sure....Its just plastic so I don't see why not. Not sure of the diffuculty.

What are you planning?

thanks Hammy---I really fell for the Euphyllia corals. The way they sway in the flow is sweet!

Did you get all your corals at Mr. Aqua? I went and checked it out, good looking stuff. I like the couch in front of the main display. Could chill there for a while and just watch the tank. :)

I did, the guys at Mr. Aqua are really nice. The feed my kids cookies and plop them down on that couch.

I even get them to frag stuff out of their smaller display tank. Plus you can't beat their prices. Occasionally something will be a little high, but they will either throw in another coral or move on the cost a little bit.

Where do you like to shop?

Where do you like to shop?

My tank has been up for 6 weeks, and is just ready for me to start adding things, so haven't been doing any store shopping yet -- I've only purchased some LR and CUC from liveaquaria.com. I liked Mr. Aqua, though, if for no other reason that when I was there a couple weeks ago he insisted that I not purchase anything for a couple weeks (not that I needed the reminder. Taking things slow). His tanks look really clean, and all his livestock looks very healthy. Your tank is also a fabulous selling point for the store.

I also found SeaScape Aquatics on Academy to be worth my time. They've been very good about talking me through my setup and making sure I do things right. Their fish and corals, too, look very healthy.

Also, if you end up fragging any more of your corals, please let me know, as maybe we could work something out (although, obviously, I have nothing to trade at this point... ;) ).

I actually bought my tank from seascape aquatics. They are really nice and friendly. The people at the store are a married couple and the wifes mother. They are owner operaters and are the only people ever in the store.

They don't have the best selection on coral and if seems like their coral pieces are overpriced. They do get alot of really nice fish in, and they always seem to be fairly priced. I actually bought my 2 percs, snails, shrimp and the suncoral from them.

Check out this link that shows all the fish stores in the Springs and Denver area. You can actually zoom in out to include other areas

Fish store map

Always interested in swaping frags when your ready shoot me a pm. There is also a local springs club that gets together once a month for frag swapping sessions. The link is a few pages back on my thread. I have not been to one yet myself but it seems like a friendly bunch.

Troy-----Not sure....Its just plastic so I don't see why not. Not sure of the diffuculty.

What are you planning?

I was thinking of adding a HOT refugium and skimmer but I haven't been able to find a really good photo of the back side of these. I am not able to find one locally either to see it first hand.

Just doing a little looking around trying to get some ideas. :)

Check out this link that shows all the fish stores in the Springs and Denver area. You can actually zoom in out to include other areas

Fish store map

Thanks for the map. It has some stores closer to me (barely) that I hadn't found. Have you been to any of the stores in the Denver area? If so, what do you think of them? I posted some new pics of my tank in the beginner's forum if you want to take a look -- a stroll down memory lane, as it were... :)

Once I get things going, I'll be sure to let you know, and perhaps we can work out a trade or two. Keep up the thread and the pics. The tank looks great!

I thought I was watching Blair Witch at first, all the dark hallways and such. Your tank is nice. I love all the swaying in the flow. That is something I will miss having SPS dominated tank.

That was awesome bud....love the fridge full of brews. I think you may need to move the comfy chair a little closer :lol: I thought my couch was close to my tank.

The tank looks awesome in the video man....love seeing all of the movement in there versus just the still shots. I thoroughly enjoyed the video and great idea of leading people around showing them the setup.

CHEERS!!

love it! your tank is gorgeous! can't wait till mine starts to look like yours, if that's even possible :D

good work on everything

hahah...Blair Witch :lol:

Obvioulsy not the first silver bullet of the night! :blink:

It wasn't that dark on the original vid but once eveything is compressed for the net it looked pretty bad. I wish I could get the colors and clarity of the original up somewhere on the net. I just got the "pro" memebership but I bet the res won't be much better.

Busy day on the reef today. I was doing a 3 gallon water change out of my third chamber as usual. I do all the work standing on that side of the tank. When I turned off the pumps the torch stopped swaying and draped down onto my open brain. I did not notice until I put the lid back on and fired up the power. About 4-5 tentacles from the torch were fully grabbed onto the brain and the brain was wide open. I should have snapped a pic but my natural reaction was to get them apart right away.

They were both a little pissed but fine. So I decided to move the torch to a dif spot and also split the two branches apart. In doing all of this the top part of my scape fell back behind the main rocks and against the back wall. They actually fell pretty good and interlocked nice and tight. So I moved a few things around and its looking pretty good. Pics tomorrow when things settle.

Sounds like you had a nice little experience all coming from just a waterchange. For me, it seems like it's always when I'm just messing around with some daily maintenance that something goes awry and something that takes 10 minutes takes 30 :)

Glad to hear that the brain is doing alright though....those torch corals are really nasty when they come in touch with other corals. Sounds like it was more of a feeling each other out instead of a fight. I'm glad you caught it when you did since you might have come back to just a skeleton of a brain if they had been like that longer :)

Keep up the good work bud and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics.

Finally ordered up an ATO from nanotuners. Heading out of town after thanksgiving so I want to make sure every thing stays in check.

Seems pretty straight forward. Any tips on what to avoid and what works best. I was thinking I would use the stock pump and figure out a container. Guess I am going to finally have to clean out the inside of the stand :o

Archived