Coral Vue Hydros

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know.. I was telling my wife to come check it out...like a little kid on xmas morn...she didn't quite understand my excitment, although she is catching on.....slowly.

I like your new Mod it seems to work perfectly. I agree with you on the problem that when the filter gets dirty ( like on my mod) the water has nowhere to go. On your Mod it just falls right out the end of your filter tray very nice. LOOKING GOOD

AAHHH thats the same ones ive been trying to get pics of to show u guys.. i have some in my tank also.. i started a thread on it somewhere.. i looked on Zoaid.com and i think its an amphipod or something. but not positve

My new pink and purple encrusting palys have not opened yet!?! The main colony has about 100 heads and they are all still closed. There are about 5 palys .5" away from the main colony that opened right away but none of the others!?! It took me forever to talk the LRS to sell me this piece out of their display tank, and now nothing. I did a 4 gallon water change just before putting them in and all my levels are textbook. I guess I just wait patiently.....as best as I can. omgomgomg

I wouldn't worry too much about them not opening right away...they are probably just still getting settled into the new environment. It would be like taking someone from Miami and dropping them into Maine in the dead of Winter :)

I'm sure they will open up....sometimes they can be a pain about opening.

Oh, and I hear ya about getting excited about things in the tank. My fiance usually looks at me like, so that's what you're all excited about :)

cool link- thanks spanko

I will snap a few pics after the lights come on of the new palys opened or closed. They had been in the display tank for months at my LRS under T5 lighting. They were also closed when I got them, because the shop had done some heavy dosing getting ready for a large shipment coming in this week.

here are some pics

the unopened colony....notice the few opened on the bottom

pinkpalys.jpg

close up of the few opened, these are just babies the others extend well over and inch when opened

newfilter005-1.jpg

Stopped into my reef shop today to check on the other half of that pink colony. Their half has not opened yet as well. I guess splitting the colony stressed it out a little and they said it could take up to a few weeks to open up. They said it was a very sensative coral. Which makes since that the few heads that were not part of the main colony opened right away. So the waiting continues.

Also my octospawn that I ordered has come in, it looks sweet. I need to do a little rearranging before I can pick it up, can't wait to get that thing in my tank. I will probably be maxed out on LPS corals after I put it in because it is a little larger than I had expected.

Now to focus on 2 or 3 fish finally.

Rearranged the tank tonight getting ready for my octospawn. Tank was still a little unsettled so no FTS but I did get a pic of my mini Euphyillia forest I have mounted to the back wall with frag-mags.

newfilter004.jpg

Thanks digg

the hammer on the left seems like it grows every day.

I took some inspiration from your torch placement in your tank and moved my torch sticking out of a crevice in the middle of the main rock formation. It gets hit a little different by the flow there and it looks really fantastic. I will get a FTS up tomorrow once everything settles in.

Picked up my octospawn and today and my LRS also thru in a nice blue ric.

Had to do even more rearranging to make the tank looked balanced..not sure if I'm quite there yet.

Kinda one of the nice things about using the frag-mags. Once the hammers on the back wall puff up I may need to slide them up a little.

new octospawn(can't seem to get a good pic of the colors!! :angry: )

fts003.jpg

new blue ric

newric.jpg

New FTS

fts004.jpg

cool shot

coolshot.jpg

Wow....you need to rename your thread the Euphyllia Forest tank instead. Is there any way that you can get a video of the tank and post it up? I really really want to see what it looks like swaying in the current. I bet it is mesmerizing :)

Great job man and it looks and sounds like you have one really nice LRS. I'm jealous of what you can get locally.

thanks dive

The guys at the LRS are super cool and since I spend alot of time and money there they treat me pretty good. If they know I am coming down they will wait to feed their tanks so my daughters can chill on their couch and watch.

I do need to do a video of my tank, but I'm not 100% satisfied with how it looks right now. After a little more tweaking I will post one up.

My new octospawn has a little head seperated from the main body perfect for fraggin. Once it settles in I will break it off and offer it up.

Earlier today I noticed a single zoa poking out of the skeleton of my new octospawn. About an hour later I was taking a moment to check it out as it began to extend...more....then more...then all of a sudden it leaped free. If I had not been there at the exact moment it surely would have been chopped up in my powerhead. I was able to scoop it up just before it got sucked into the back of my Koralia. I glued it into the end of a piece of tonga and now it is happily adjusting to its new home.....totally cool.

here is a pic of the little guy

yessid004.jpg

New FTS the octospawn will be mounted on the back wall on the right side as soon as I get more frag-mags

yessid003.jpg

Cool shot of my forest

forrest.jpg

I also spied a sack of eggs thru my cave-tunnel. Not sure what it could be I only have snails, hermits and 2 peppermint shrimp. I will try to get a good pic but it may not be possible since the only view is thru the rocks.

WOW WOW WOW your tank is what i want looks beautiful my fiance asked me if mine is going to look like that i Told her i hope christmas will be nice to me!!!!!!!. great job!!!!!!

Archived