inTank Media Baskets

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

i agree with ge0! i just read all this so i'd know what to look for on the pictures and lone-be-hold (if thats the saying) no pictures!!! i feel ripped off.

sounds like yur doing a good job so far.

ok ok you've talked me into waiting for the pictures

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear that you're frags are doing great bud. Can't wait to see what the blastos look like and which zoas you went with.

sorry....sorry....

but the wifey took the cam yesterday and I was playing golf until lights out.

Once the lights come on I will post some pics....

How about a pic of me doing my other fav thing

dizdrop.jpg

Hey what filter mod did you do? Do you have a picture or a forum post you can link?

Cheers,

The Fiter mod just consists of striping a stock filter frame apart and replaceing with somekind of filter medium

morepics005.jpg

morepics006.jpg

Another pic to hold ya'll over

morepics002.jpg

Wow....I bet you're glad Fall and Winter are around the corner then? How high was that jump....hard to get a perspective.

around 25-30 feet small by many stardards, nothing like jumping off a 3 story building with 450lbs betwen your legs!

here is what happened only moments later

check it

alright..alright sorry for the diversion here are a few quick shots as the tank is waking up..

Blastos

evnmore002.jpg

freebie zoa

evnmore003.jpg

more pics later, got to take the little one to gymnastics besides the other pieces are still closed due to this monster climbing all over them

evnmore001.jpg

he was cool when all I had was a cuc but his golf ball size body can cause havoc!

awsome, the zoa looks wicked!

Nice avalanche.

Thanks for the info on the filter mod. I assume you put carbon/purgen in the botton of the first chamber.

Cheers.

awsome, the zoa looks wicked!

Nice avalanche.

Thanks for the info on the filter mod. I assume you put carbon/purgen in the botton of the first chamber.

Cheers.

You are correct, chemipure elite and purigen in the first chamber.

Hey man....nice pics and those frags are awesome. How many heads does the hammer (or is it a duncan) have on it? Looks like it's a nice one for sure.

Those blastos look great...I'm sure they really glow in the tank. They look like they are nice and happy in the tank where you have them...all puffed up.

Hey man....nice pics and those frags are awesome. How many heads does the hammer (or is it a duncan) have on it? Looks like it's a nice one for sure.

Those blastos look great...I'm sure they really glow in the tank. They look like they are nice and happy in the tank where you have them...all puffed up.

It is a four headed hammer that is beginning to split....A real beauty from my LRS

Here is a shot of the #18 zoa

yeasafaon009.jpg

#19 zoa

19.jpg

Hitchhikers on the #19

hitchhicker.jpg

Blastos now fully awake...

yeasafaon003.jpg

sorry the pics are not as crisp as I would like but again I am only using a little point and shoot..so all in all not bad.

Wow I really like those hitchhikers! Some kind of anemone? Id like one if you thin them out sometime.

Not sure what they are, trying to get an id in the id section here. The larger one is a little smaller than a dime. It closes up quickly when touched so maybe it is some kind of anenome? I'll keep ya in mind if they start to get out of control.

Just from reading your thread over in the ID section, I would guess that it is just a large paly of some variety. Since you said that it doesn't retreat all the way into the rock, that pretty much rules out rock anemones/aiptasia since they will completely retract when agitated or something comes near them. I would know since I had to Joe's Juice some a couple weeks ago :) Luckily I packed their mouth full of "Juice" and they withered away in a minute.

I would just keep an eye on them as sometimes the larger the paly, the more territory it will take over and in some cases will take out smaller polyps. If this becomes a problem, you can always just take a razor blade or scapel and carve out the large ones and plop those on a frag plug or rock.

I would just keep an eye on them as sometimes the larger the paly, the more territory it will take over and in some cases will take out smaller polyps. If this becomes a problem, you can always just take a razor blade or scapel and carve out the large ones and plop those on a frag plug or rock.

I actually like them better than the ones I paid for but I will make sure they don't take over.

Picked up a bubble coral from the LRS today on a nice piece of LR covered with purple coraline.

I wasn't able to get a shot of it all the way opened before lights out but I just walked by and noticed it's tentacles out. I think it looks better at night!

bubble coral on the hunt

sweeperbubble002.jpg

My hammer coral finally fisnished splitting as well. This one large head I had been keeping an eye on actually did a four-way split. I guess it's happy!

Nice bubble coral....looks like he is nice and hungry. Careful where you put it as they can put out some really feeder tentacles and if they (like other corals) sense another coral in really close proximity, they will send out mesenteric filaments that if they come in contact with another coral, will dissolve the weaker one.

There was some awesome footage of this on Blue Planet Coral Seas the other night on Discovery Channel....I guess that's just the marine scientist coming out in me. :)

Did Dustin suggest running only the actinics? From my experience with the zoas I have they start to close down when the daylights go off and only the actinics are on then completely close with the moonlights.

I am only saying this because it is what I experience with my zoas, they have been with me over 6 months. So I really don't know if this is just the way that Dustin wants you to acclimate them. Seems to me the change in lighting from his tanks to just the actinics in yours might be the cause of them not opening but I am a newbie so I would be interested in your results.

JMO FWIW

spanko- yeah I ran actinics only for the first day per Dustins sueggestion. I guess it is supposed to keep the stress down. All the zoa's that I left in the tank are doing great and have really opened up nicely.

dive- That Blue Planet was sweet. Some really fascinating things going on in the reef and they really did an amazing job capturing it. I had to do a little rearranging to give that bubble coral plenty of room. I will get a FTS up later once the lights come on and everything wakes up.

I just got my "Frag-Mags" so I will be attaching the hammer and torch to the back wall pretty soon here, hopefully it will look as good as I think.

Here are a couple of pics of my new bubble coral, it is been in the tank less than 24 hrs but is still looking pretty sweet.

bubblebeothbig.jpg

bubblebeotch.jpg

FTS from all three sides

fulltankshot2.jpg

sideshot2.jpg

sideshot1.jpg

and one last shot of my fav..my evergrowing hammer

hammer7.jpg

You're tank is looking awesome bud....love the look of all the LPS in there. I'm sure it looks awesome in person with everything swaying in the current.

I'm sure it will look awesome on the mag frags....

Thanks, I know it is still looking empty but I am really trying to be dilligent about taking my time stocking it.

I am just a sucker for the Euphyllia family of corals. Just love all the flow and movement they have to offer. I have even thought about going for an all "you feel good" tank, but because I ultimately want a larger spectrum of colors I have decided against it.

I am going to start spot feeding that bubble coral tonight, can't wait to see all those feeder tentacles working in unison to feed.

Think that I should do it after lights out or by feeding with the lights on could I train it to feed during the day?

Also I am going to be feeding mysis, any other suggestions on food? I already feed a tiny bit of roti feast and phyto feast in very limited amounts into the water column, but this will be my first time spot feeding.

Finished my first spot feeding and everything reacted great, the whole tank went crazy since I really haven't fed it anything substantial before.

I guess my blastos were hungry

mmmmmm shrimp

hungryblasto.jpg

also found this guy cruising the tank is it bad? I couldn't get to him before he tucked away

about 2 inches long

redworm.jpg

Ahh yes....the joys of spot feeding the tank. Glad to hear it was a great experience...I just love how the whole tank will just explode with life before, during, and after a spot feeding. Nice pic of the blasto....looks like he was hungry.

About the bristleworm....some people think they are bad and some think they are good. Whenever I have seen them in my tank, I usually take them out and get rid of them. But that's just me since I'm a little retentive about what's in my tank.

It's always a little freaky seeing them and knowing that they are in there crawling around :)

thanks for the 411 on the BW, I guess for now he will have free reign since he has disappeared. He looks kinda cool so he may stay, at least for now.

Just finished attaching my hammer to a frag mag and mounting to the back wall. It really adds this amazing level of depth to the tank. I think I will cover the whole back wall with a Euphyllia forest of hammers and frogspawns.

Once the tank clears up I will post some pics

Archived