inTank Media Baskets

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I may have had my first loss :( I had 2 peppermint shrimps and the other day one was beating the crud outta the other. It was looking kinda pearly like it was starting to molt and I think think the larger pep took advantage. I had to dig around and I finally found a clear body kinda like a molt but it was really hard. I was trying to stay optimistic and thought I had only found a molting, but after a few days now I think it has bit the dust.

Guess it's just an excuse to get something else. Any suggestions on a cool shrimp? I was thinking about a blood shrimp or maybe a cleaner skunk, since I am going to be getting a fish or two here pretty soon.

Looks like I may have had my first loss :( I had 2 peppermint shrimps and the other day one was beating the crud outta the other. It was looking kinda pearly like it was starting to molt and I think think the larger pep took advantage. I had to dig around and I finally found a clear body kinda like a molt but it was really hard. I was trying to stay optimistic and thought I had only found a molting, but after a few days now I think it has bit the dust.

Guess it's just an excuse to get something else. Any suggestions on a cool shrimp? I was thinking about a blood shrimp or maybe a cleaner skunk, since I am going to be getting a fish or two here pretty soon.

i love cleaner skunks... tons of personality and it's really cool when they clean your cuticles when your hand is in the tank. :)

Spork

Not sayin it will happen, but if you already have a fiesty peppermint, putting a skunk cleaner may be a death warrant. The experts will tell you the putting two Lysmata genus shrimp in the same tank is trouble. That being said I have a cleaner and peppermint in my tank that have been together for over 6 months. No problems thus far.

supreme_spork
Not sayin it will happen, but if you already have a fiesty peppermint, putting a skunk cleaner may be a death warrant. The experts will tell you the putting two Lysmata genus shrimp in the same tank is trouble. That being said I have a cleaner and peppermint in my tank that have been together for over 6 months. No problems thus far.

hmm... i've had cleaners and peps together a coupla times with no problems. i'm sure, though, that the peps went in the tank after the skunks because i always get skunks first, so maybe order of introduction has something to do with their happy coexistence.

Thanks for the info guys.

I think I will go with a skunk shrimp, but I will try to get one that is nice and big so maybe he won't get beaten up by "pepe the pugalist"

Thanks for the info guys.

I think I will go with a skunk shrimp, but I will try to get one that is nice and big so maybe he won't get beaten up by "pepe the pugalist"

:haha::haha:

What a game Rockies are in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be one for the record books!!!!!!

My octospawn was stretching out and it was getting too big and started attacking my blue ric.

Soooo.. I had to do a little rearranging to make sure the guy has enough room to fully expand.

Been wanting to reposition my yellow polyps so it was a good time to make a few adjustments.

I think I got the right side looking pretty good w/ maybe another Euphyilla tucked in the back corner on the wall.

Here is a shot as you approach it from the right.

sideshotoctober.jpg

Current FTS

ftsoctober-1.jpg

yes.jpg

I was thinking I would be doing the left side in a sort of ric waterfall into a paly/zoa garden.

Has anybody done the 25pk of rics off Ebay from gatewayaquatics? Its $230 plus shipping. I was thinking that would be a cool way to accomplish my goal.

Tank is looking simply stunning. I love how full it all looks with all the Euphyllia. Very nicely done I must say.

I have never done the ric pack from Ebay although that does sound like a pretty good deal.

very nice man..your tank looks just awsome... how did you get those rich colors in the last fts pic.... photoshop?

The first two pics were during the day and the last was at night...and I adjusted the midrange a little.

Still need to put up a video.

wahooo my pink palys are starting to show signs of life! The bright purple centers have returned and it looked like one whole side was getting ready to extend. It has been just over two weeks since we broke the mother colony in half. Can't wait for them to open up so I can get some pics posted.

Here they are thinking about coming about for a visit

rebirth.jpg

Plus a shot from my seat today at the Chargers Romp over the Broncos

yeahchargers.jpg

It is really starting to puff up now the whole under matt is looking really fleshy and more individual tentacles can bee seen on the individual heads. A few more days and I think it will be starting to extend across the whole colony :happydance:fingerscrossed

peekingout.jpg

Thanks guys I really have been enjoying the whole SW experience and am very happy with the BC29

Its so interesting to notice the littlest thing

For instance my three zebra turbos have been mia for like 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden on the same day at around the same time they all come out and start grazing....cool but weird.

Also my hermits have all started swaping shells at the same time, seems like everyday one of them has made a move.

I want a pico now and I can already envision my built in!!!

The whole colony is now starting to perk up

pinkys.jpg

I have also got my brain into the habit of feeding during the day. I just give him a little appetizer then when he puffs up I feed him his meal.

newbrain.jpg

Three months today!!!!wohooooo!!

In celebration I bought my tank its first fish. A nice pair of tank raised percs.

It took all of about 20 seconds for them to both dive into my largest hammer!! sweet!

nemos003.jpg

nemos014.jpg

Hard to get a good pic of the little buggers, Guess I'll need to up my camera skills.

Also picked up a nice little skunk shrimp.

Congrats on both the three month mark and also on the new fish. I was wondering when you were going to get some fish in that thing :) They look like an incredibly healthy pair and that's awesome that they took off right for the hammer.

Archived