inTank Media Baskets

Tudizzle's BC29

TUDIZZLE

Hi Tudd!!!

bdy3.gif

what up stranger... :happydance:

Guess I need to edit my first page now that it stays on top..its a long first post

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! Need to put your build on the reading todo list as well....plus Vodka dosing! I got some work ahead of me I see.

What is the up and coming "build" going to be? :ninja:

The 110 gal AIO? Something like building 2 false walls angled in the back corners. With fuge on one side and filtration stuff on the other side. All the pumps/heaters would be hidden back there too. Still in the works but I was given the tank and stand for free so I just gotta do something with it!?! ;)

Thinking rock islands on each end, its a 6ft tank. Maybe bare bottom. Crazy idea of sand glued to the bottom then growing a carpet of zoas. I have these ones that multiply like wildfire, so maybe? Oh so many options.....

it was a used FW tank so it needs a good scrubbin and the stand and tank need painting...definetly a project tank!

Sounds like you have one of the biggest expenses out of the way, the tank and stand.

All of your ideas sounds great....Kmitch I believe is trying to do something similar with the bottom by gluing/epoxying sand to starboard. Depending on how these turn out, I may have to consider it on a future tank (no time soon!!).

Not a nano..........................FAIL!!!!!!! ;)

At least it will be an AIO. How about dividing it into 4 quadrants with completly different corals in each zone. 4 nanos in one? All could have their own lighting and then I could have the lighting schedule off set so I would always have 1-2 with the lights on. B)

How about dividing it into 4 quadrants with completly different corals in each zone. 4 nanos in one?

I think Henry may be into this :lol:

Having trouble finding my good camera so I just grabbed a few with my daughters..at least you can get the general idea how things are looking.

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Still looking really good man. Every once in a while I'll look at my tank and miss my BC....then again, a new tank brings new challenges, experiences, and things to learn so it's been fun having something different to work with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Tud!

Long Time no talk! How's the tank coming? and did i read correctly, you're switching the cube over to a 110 AIO? :( jk, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Hope everything is going well over there and glad to see at least as of Sept. the tank is doing well ;) if you are planning on fragging anything again let me know, i'd love to give those yellow polyps another go and the ricordias you have look great! The zoas you sent over to me are the kings of the tank. They grow like crazy! I've already paid it forward and given out a few of the frags to some friends.

anyway, Have a happy holiday with you and your family!

• 1 year later...

whatever happened to that guy tudizzle??

tanks still alive...barely

just ordered a fresh clean up crew to chew away the neglect.

Its a former shell of its once glorious self....but I am going to clean her up and see what I got...We can rebuild!

neglect brought on algea...green bubble the worst...may be unstoppable

If its not to bad I may post up....might be too embarrassing...

show us the worst and the best !!!! its the best way for us all to learn...plus if you show us just how bad it was with a good flow of updated pics after u add the CUC we can see what works well at mowing down the bad stuff :)

do it

do it

• 3 years later...

came on to try an figure out how old the ol' cube is.....almost 8 years!

Full reset last week after way too much neglect.

Bought an Ocean Blue 150w LED (topless..wohoo) and all new pumps to start fresh 15lbs of live sand and 24lbs of live rock.

and we are off.......

Archived