Innovative Marine Aquariums

MY BioCube BC29 Picture update of new light

JCBioCube29

Congrats on the new pump....it definitely makes a big difference. Glad to see that you figured out the problems with the noise and blowing the sand around with the help of Tudd.

Your tank is looking great and looks so nice and clean. I guess you must have those snails whipped into shape to keep things that clean :) Great job.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well today i went crazy and bought a coral beauty, blue tang, royal gama, green mushrooms, purple mushrooms, (all mushrooms on two different rocks five greens and 7 purple/blue) I also got a rock with orange and yellow polyps.......

will post pictures later

Here are the picks of my tank starting to look like a real reef. I went crazy to day ( buying ) b/c i am no longer engaged as of last night..... ;( :( :(

my live stock

8 small blue leg hermits

12 snails

2 medium orange leg hermits

2 medium red leg hermits

2 Large red leg hemits

1 big fisted green crab :)

1 cleaner red scarlet cleaner shrimp ( already set its cleaning station and began cleaing)

1 clown fish wich i think is dieng he does not want to eat and just stays all day in the top corner of the tank: :)

1 Fire fish goby

1 Royal gama

1 Blue tang

1 coral beauty

1 rock with 9 purple-blue mushrooms

1 rock with green mushrooms

1 rock with teloow and orange polyps ( i hope they will grow fast i love the color combination

Full pictures of the tank

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

Picture of my blue/purple mushrooms

IMG_1253.jpg

Picture of my green mushrooms

IMG_1254.jpg

Picture of my Polyps

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

Smokin-Reefer

I hate to be a negative nancy, but thats way too many fish for that tank. The tang needs to go for sure, it will get MUCH too big for the tank. The coral beauty is another one you really want to research before you decide to make it a permanent resident. It can and will eat corals.

other than that, looks like it's coming along nicely!

Picture of my blue/purple mushrooms

IMG_1253.jpg

Is that a spot of Green Bubble Algae? I like the tank. Looks really clean.

What kind of LR do you have in there and how much weight and where did ya score it? I am just about to pull the trigger on some.

the other problem you may see pop up is ICH. The blue hippo tang is notorious for getting it especially when in a stressful situation like a space that is too small for it. You may also find that if the tang gets it then the coral beauty will likely get it also. Hate to be a buzzkill but you need to be aware of this. The suggestion to return them both is a good one but one your have to make for yourself. The risk of failure with these two in the 29 gallon is high.

Just my two cents.

I know i am taking my chances with them they are my favorite fish. I am going to see how they get along. if they donot my LFS owner allows me to take them back.... so Far they both seem ok and each have there own sleeping area. I got them yesturday and this whole day we have been watching them and they each seem to mind their own business...... I hope it works if not it will be a great learning experience. Thanks for the concern :) spanko and smokin-reefer. :)

Speed that is a green bubble algea, i got like 24-27 lb. what rock i donot know i got it from my :LFS If i am correct it, is florida aquacultured rocks, and the other rock is tonga brach rock.

nice polyps I like that color.

Take that rock out of the tank and get rid of that bubble algae. Scrap it off and the rock area it was attached to.

First off, sorry to hear about the engagement being broken off....hopefully it was for all the right reasons. I'm sure that things will work out for you bud.

Second, it looks like you got some really great looking corals...I love the color of the polyps you got. You really got some beautiful fish as well but like others have said, the tank is a little small for those. I would have suggested adding one at a time and letting the bioload catch up for a while. Hopefully you won't have too much of a spike in nutrients from all the food and poo that will be produced.

They are definitely my favorite fish as well but I was reluctant to put one in my 55 when I had it. To each his own and I hope they stay healthy in your tank. It was just a little soon to add all of them at once.

Congrats though and I hope they are all model tank citizens. Do you have any pics of the coral beauty?

Thanks for the comment i will try to have pitures of the coral beauty. Like i said went crazy buying i had to get my mind off the engagement.. and it worked for me. i hope they can all live together, I will be monitoring all levels every day, and if i need a water change i will do them....

One of my coworkers at my LFS has a blue tang in a 210g and it is huge. Get that fish out of there man. Not only do they get sick from stress and you are risking it taking the rest of your fish with it, but I have also seen them basically go crazy from being in a small space and get really aggressive towards other fish. Lets not even go into the fact that the BC29 does not actually hold 29 gallons of water, or the fact that the display is reduced even further thanks to all the built in filtration. MINIMUM recommended tank size is around 70g and thats actual display size. These fish are not responsible for taking your mind of your engagement. Dont abuse them.

Thanks everyone it was at my LFS for over a week in a tiny holding cube. I did not realize all the colors untill I placed him in its new home and its eating like crazy......

nice beauty..but seriously, return the tang. you should've done more research before making an impulse buy like that and risking the lives of your fish.

just looking out for ya, but nice looking tank so far!

Take all the info everyone has given you as positive criticism, now get that fish the hell out of that tank.

Not only will the tang contract ich but the other fish in the tank will as well, then you will have that parasite in the tank FOREVER unless you let the tank go fallow (no fish in display)for at least a month or two, save yourself the time! Even if they look ok now, does not mean they are stress free. There is just not enough swimming room for all those fish. and the tang at your LFS was in such a small tank only for a temporary time until purchased, usually going to a good home where he will have PLENTY of space.

And your tank should slowly mature before loading with corals...

Archived