SaltCritters.com

MY BioCube BC29 Picture update of new light

JCBioCube29

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe me I am so impressed also. the key is to keep the water level very constant, cleaning and/or replacing the bubble pad.... it works for me.Yesturday i added to my tank A cleaner shrimp and a clown IMG_1123.jpgIMG_1122.jpg
JcI guess the problem I had with the skimmer was the fact that I coudn't quite fit it in the back of my tank. I would place it in the back but was never able to close the lid. As soon as I closed the lid it would submerge itself well below the water line. Glad to hear you it worked for you.
JcI guess the problem I had with the skimmer was the fact that I coudn't quite fit it in the back of my tank. I would place it in the back but was never able to close the lid. As soon as I closed the lid it would submerge itself well below the water line. Glad to hear you it worked for you.
I still can't believe the amount of froth you're getting on that thing. I played with mine in so many different ways and was never able to get what you have showed me.

Believe me am am so surprised it is actually working for me...... what i have posted is what i am actually doing. this is my link to detail instruction how installed mine

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...;hl=jcbiocube29

Update: I am going to order the rio 6hf with in a week and I am going to change the tubing to eliminate the 90% elbow that goes conected the the 3rd chamber bulkhead.

I found this post http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...COBRA&st=20

and he toke out the elbow and used a tubing size 5/8 from the rio to the bulkhead. I AM GOING TO DO THIS THE BUBLLES I AM GETTING ARE WAY TO MUCH AND T IS NOT FROM THE SKIMMER.. I have turned off the skimmer and stil have the same amount of bubbles......... hope to do this ASAP!!!!!

Where is your water level in the third chamber. I keep mine about 1/2 way up the site glass on the side. Sounds like your pump may be cavitating.

Then you are probably sucking air at the connection from the green tube to the bulkhead. On mine if you pull tubing down so that it disconnects you see a smaller black plastic tube about an inch long. You have to make sure that 1/2 of the black plastic tube is inside the green tubing and the other 1/2 is inside the bulkhead fitting. Just a guess but easy enough to check it out.

thats the way I run mine with the 5/8 tubing and no 90'elbow. I have never had any problems with the micros you are dealing with.

I ordered today the rio 6hf canot wait to get over the mail. I live in m iami I called 6 LFS no one carried it. My LFS the one i go to called his distributor and the distributor told him he can only get pumps 12hf or hire... :(

Got home tank full of bubble will this harm the fish??????

I lost today two of the tiny blue crabs found dead:(

my Fire fish every 20 minutes or so scratches himself on the sand it is not ich. it looks like a fish scale..... any ideas what it is?? would post picture but it does mot come out....

today is this first sad day of my tank

Going to do my 10 gallon water change. I decided to check my LFS water in had

PH 8.4

Amonia 0

Nitrite 0

Notrate 0

Calcium 460

Phosphate 0

Love this water.

In my tank I am going to add a bag of Seachem PURIGEN to drop my nitrate they are at a constant 20. I am also going to remove the filter sponge from the JBJ UV in the tank going to run it w/o the sponge. The sponge gets to clogged...:( ( i BELIEVE BY LEAINING THAT THERE IN THE TANK W/O CLEANING FOR A MONTH WILL BUILD UP BAD THINGS IN MY TANK...) ...

I also bought the Kent marine Exterme Garlic and WOW it smells awsome ( I love garlic) and I aslo bought Vita chem from the makers of Chemi-pure ......

I just used the Kent Garlic extreme WOW the fishes went carzy looking for food I like this product. It is expensive but it works. I have also started to add Vita-chem to my tank.

I got a 29BC about 2 1/2 weeks ago, put the rock, sand & water in. after about 3 days put in some hermit crabs and snails. didnot do any mods, I am not too handy so t speak. although I did add some chemi pro over the bio balls in the 2nd chamber, I was into SW tanks about 17 years ago Boy do things change but for the good

Like you I used to have a saltwater tank about 10 years ago and yes things have changes for the better and i think easier, the only thing that has not changed is have to do your water changes in these small tanks

new picture of tank

IMG_1150.jpg

Just got the pump to at work. I was able to reduce the bubbles a little by playing with the eblow... Tonight I am going to install the new pump, and check my water I will post pics and my results.

I cannot wait to go home.

i just installed the RIO 6HF WOW WOW WOW what a difference in water movement it is a must when you buy a BC29 it should be your first upgrade. It is so quiet compared to the stuck pump. Now I am fully happy and i feel that i have no more modifications to do. :) My bubble problem is now all gone ( i did a direct connect from the rio to the bulkhead.

Now my Clown fish so far hates the more water movement it is hidding. Is this Normal???? will The Clown Fish adjust to the new movement and come out???????? Please let me know if i have to slow down the flow i can instal my hydor reflector.....

did my water check all 0 and my nitrate has droped from 20 to 15

Late night update the Rio is LOUD before when i had it with my lights the noise blended witht the fan noise. its keeping me awake :( :( any sugestions????...

also it is very powerfull i have no sand in the front of my tank :(:( :( please help..... right know the stock seems to better..... I tried putting the hydor reflector to reduce the flow no help the rio blows the hydor of the connection

I was able to get to reduce the noise a bit by re positioning the pump, I think I can deal with it...... as to the water moving the sand i just readjusted the water ouflow seems to be working less sand moving will find out when i wake up..... Those that say is quiet is it quiet like you do not hear then pump.. our you do hear the pump. ( with no fans on)

I just got back from my LFS i bought the Loc-Line I installed the it with minial modification on it. I attahced the original spout to one end and the other my hydor reflector.. NOW ir works perfectly. I do like my water movement . AND NO BUBBLES ANY MORE. will post picture soon.

FYI: Used the size 1/2 from loc-line and I had to dremmel (sand off) the y connector from Loc-lite so that it would fit into the stock piece from the biocube that goes attatched to the bulkhead.... perfect fit.

sweet good to see you finally get rid of those dreaded bubbles.

I went with the 3/4" locline and mod'd the original swivel ball to allow the most flow.

The bigger the ho the more the flo

Either way your are going to like the flow of your new Rio 6HF

I Love the flow . I got extra pieces of Loc-line so when i get more rocks and corals i can agjust the flow.

here is the pict of my tank

IMG_1167.jpg

Old pump flow

IMG_0871-1.jpg

New Rio 6hf Flow much more

IMG_1169.jpg

Archived