Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MY BioCube BC29 Picture update of new light

JCBioCube29

Please help my rocks are getting green algea (not the hair type) all my water chemistry is all 0 including phosphate. I think the cuase might be the amount of time I am running my lights atinics from 8:30am to 11:30pm and my daytime lights from 10am to 10pm....... and also when i get home the sand is brown Please help

all criticism taking positive thanks for all the posts.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it getting green algae (as in some sort of filamentous type) or is it green coralline algae? I had a good bit of green coralline and then it turned into dark pink and purple.

Have you decided what you're going to do with the tang?

The algea is only on the rocks I will post pictures today when i get home. I get no algea on the glass,

Do you think I run my lights to long.....

I will keep the tang for a bit and when it gets bigger i am giving it o my twin brother that has a 150 gallon tank....

Just a little update I got the nano fission to work more efficiently by setting the pump water flow to the lowest setting. By doing this i get much much less bubbles if any to reach the tank. When i changed my Stock bc29 pump to a Rio 6hf i began to get many bubbles in the tank b/c the pump would pull in so much water and so fast that the micro bubble got stuck in current (water going to the pump.) and I also placed a sponge between chamber one and two .....

The Snail is stronger than the Crab

IMG_1345.jpg

Cool pic, every once in awhile a hermit will make a move on one of my nassarius snails. The snail is way to big and stong to put up with that. He just tosses that hermit around like a rag doll!

Went to get my water from my LFS and look what i got for free

IMG_1369.jpg

My first attempt at fragging found these 3 little guys floating around my tank...

IMG_1371.jpg

My new Orange Ricordea

IMG_1373.jpg

Update on my nano fission skimmer IT SUCKS i finally gave up on it. It works ok but it gives out to much bubbles and since i Installed a rio 6hf i get more flow thus more bubbles end up in the water current to chamber 3. I am going to look at the berlin stryle skimmers and maybe make my own I Know red sea makes one called air-lift 60 and Lee's makes another one. i am going to see if they fit in chamber 1 ..... will keep you all posted...

Thanks to mr. Biocubist i went to petco and I bought the red sea air-lift 60 protien skimmer berlin style to replace the nanio fission skimmer " bubble maker) . I was able to place it in chamber 1 with out removing the botton floor i have the water line less than 1/2 inch from the skimmers recomended water line mark. The only thing is that my rear lid will not close b/c i did not remove the bottom floor. I will decide later this week wether to remove the floor or keep it as is. I must say so far I love the skimmer NO NO I MEAN NO BUBBLES IN MY TYANK this is what i wanted some times nothing better than old fassion technology.....

only mod to install and close the rear cover will be to remove the false floor and maybe dremel out a bit of the rear hood for the collection cup to fit.

i will keep everyone posted on how the skimmer is doing

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

glad to see you finally got those bubbles under control, I know how they have been driving you crazy.

Nice new corals...always love free frags!

HeyLookItsCaps

I don't have a skimmer in my bc29. Did you ever run your tank without one? How much difference and what difference does it make? And how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me askin

I just got it last night I paid at petco, $39.00 for the skimmer then you have to buy an air pump. I have been running my tank w/o a skimmer for about a month and doing my 10 gallon wayer changes a week, Today when i go home I will see if the water looks beter. I can tell you this morning it already had gunk in the collection cup It is working.....

I am not going to remove the bottom floor b/c if I do i have no way of keeping the skimmer at the recomened water line b/c the suction holder bracket does not fit in chmaber one thus it will sick to the bottom...... will post pics later today.

I finished all my mods on my new skimmer. The pics speak for them selves. The only thing i did was to raise the skimmer so that the collection cup sit ontop of the hood, and yes the skimmer is above the recomended water line but since i have a big pump with a controll valve i just incresed the amount of air flow...

I did find my water a bit clearer :)

after 10 hours of working

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

I had to dremel part of the hood

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

went to my LFS and again i came out winning

I got three green Ricordea for $10.00

two heads

IMG_1407.jpg

Center of rock

IMG_1402.jpg

I got a new coral today pics below compliments of my cousin. i just set up here tiny three gallon deco tank with rocks. so she bought me the coral i also change my aquascaping. I glued my blue musroom rock to the top of another rock.

I forgot the name of the new coral please help naming it.

new full tank pic "not so great pic :( "

IMG_1441.jpg

My blue mushroom rock glues next to my blastamosa

IMG_1457.jpg

My new coral

IMG_1437.jpg

here is a little update. I love my new Galaxea at night it is so green. well all my fush are all alive and doing well the clown looks a bit sick but no deaths yet :) :) :) The skimmer i bought is awsome it is working perfectly..... I will never go skimmless again.

Archived