pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

5 days

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

6 days

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

I cleaned out the cup yesterday after the break-in period. Will have more progress pix up as they are ready. Also, once I received the new high output 9000's, I am planning on switching out one at a time to see what difference it would make. At this point, the regular 9000's are supposed to be pulling in ~500-600 LPH (I would need to get a flow meter to double check) for a total of ~1,000-1,200 LPH. The HO 9000's are reported to pull at ~1,000 LPH each. The plan is to compare the skimmer running at the current ~1,000-1,200 LPH, ~1,500-1,600 LPH (with one regular and one HO 9000), and ~2,000 LPH (both HO 9000's). Sounds like a lot of fun :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pix from today. The Sedra 9000 High Output pumps arrive couple of days ago. I switched out one of the pumps for the HO version and boy, what a difference it made. I forgot to open up the gate valve and it overflowed almost immediately. I can't believe the amount of bubbles the HO pump generates.

Here is the old skimmate from about 2 days worth after the full break-in period. Also, I only run the skimmer for about 18 hours.

IMG_0263.jpg

The new HO 9000

IMG_0264.jpg

Bubble production with one new HO 9000 installed. The foam is much drier for sure.

IMG_0267.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waiting to post this puppy up. The last one I got died from ich and managed to wipe out the rest of the fish in the tank except for the purple tang. It's still looking mighty healthy and fat at almost 1" thick :eek: The colors are amazing. I've never seen one for sale with these bright colors.

IMG_1350.jpg

I've been waiting to post this puppy up. The last one I got died from ich and managed to wipe out the rest of the fish in the tank except for the purple tang. It's still looking mighty healthy and fat at almost 1" thick :eek: The colors are amazing. I've never seen one for sale with these bright colors.

IMG_1350.jpg

Beautiful fish right there... Been a long time favorite of mine!!!

I have never seen your tank on here before and i must say I'm impressed1 Very nice diversity of colors and nice selection of fish. I especially like the acans (I myself and am acan addict) and the shoal of anthias, there is a store a short drive south of me and they have a amazing display with a shoal of dispairs aswell and I love watching their's swim through the branches of acros.

Thanks for the compliments.

The PBT is about 6-7" in length. It's always been one of my favorites although I love all the fish in the tank. The Barlett's are amazing. They school together all the time when the lights are on and are voracious eaters. I am planning on adding at least 3 more to make it a total of 9.

Nice....well.....EVERYTHING!!!!!

Love the PBT!.....Have you seen the episode of blue planet where two PBT's take on a shoal of hundreds of convict tangs? Its awesome, PBT's are such BA fish!

Thanks. I don't watch TV so I have not seen the episode you are talking about. I can believe that though since PBT's can be quite aggressive. Although this one so far is just a big softie. The purple tang tried to harass him in the beginning but gave up fast when he just ignore it. I really want to add an Achilles tang but am afraid that the PBT and the Achilles will fight until one is dead.

Me too. Unfortunately, they are of the same genus and are less tolerable of each other than other genera. I would hate to throw and Achilles in and end up losing one.

• 2 weeks later...

New additions from RAP this past weekend.

Jaw dropping Vivid Echino

DSCN9946.jpg

Emerald Mummy Eye

DSCN9965.jpg

Can't wait until this one grow out and color up. The ever so hard to find Monster Mash Echino

DSCN9954.jpg

LE Mia's Pot of Gold

DSCN9949.jpg

LE Icefire Echinata

DSCN9955.jpg

Candy Apple Reds from my bud

DSCN9969.jpg

NICE Vivid chalice. What kind is it? I hit up Vivid @ RAP when they were doing the end of the day blow-out on sunday, GREAT deals to be had then. B)

nice!!!!

just a heads up, if the tank is sitting under the tracks for your garage door, you may wanna rig up something to catch grease/oil from the wheels, as it can drip when temps rise enough (or at least mine do).

make sure you have a safety line that runs through the main spring. I have seen one of these snap before and it shoots like a whipe all over the garage!!!! could distroy your tank

Thanks ladies and gents.

Matt, there was no DEAL to be had on that one, even at closing on Sunday. Trust me. I had to split it with my buddy. That's how expensive it was. But well worth it.

I forgot to post this cool little gold teardrop maxima I got from a trade.

DSCN9972.jpg

Thanks Glenn. I'll try not to cause you too much grief in the future :lol:

atwater - that looks awesome. And great growth to boot. Do you direct feed it at all?

Archived