ReefCleaners.org

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

uh, tangs are 400g nano safe, duh :P

this tank for the win!

you said your frag tank was tied in, does that mean it was 100g? i think the display was 300 you said, just checking cause i read this over 3 days :P

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice collection Pookstreet! You sir have nice taste :D

My Vivid Echino look like this 4 months ago

55110.jpg

Now look at it. :)

55001.jpg

I'm really starting to get interested in chalices. Are they that hard to keep?

i guess 400 gallons is nano compared to the ocean

That's how I see it. Nothing compares to the beautiful oceans.

uh, tangs are 400g nano safe, duh :P

this tank for the win!

you said your frag tank was tied in, does that mean it was 100g? i think the display was 300 you said, just checking cause i read this over 3 days :P

Not really, but then I never cared for the Tang Police :lol:

The frag tank is only about 45 gallons. The sump is 100 gallons but just over half full. The system has about 400 gallons of water but can hold just under 450.

Chalices are not hard to keep but they are extremely hard on your bank account :P

I hate choo pook !!!!!!

:P

WICKED NICE SETUP MAN !!

Loving it !

Thanks Prop. I love you too, man!!!

Thanks Glenn. I'll try not to cause you too much grief in the future :lol:

atwater - that looks awesome. And great growth to boot. Do you direct feed it at all?

Thanks pooks. I do spot feed all my chalices to get the growth going. Most if not all my chalices started out as toe nail clipping of a frag :)

Most people have never seen a mature colony, which looks like a monti cap once it starts to swirl.....Iamgine that coral........But as big and in the same plating shape as my red monti cap!!!!!

This cheesy guy at a loser lfs has a nice one I dont know where he got it, but its a blue/purple chalice, and is every bit as big as my monti cap with all the plates and all! He wont even discuss selling it, or anything else he has for that matter.......

Thanks pooks. I do spot feed all my chalices to get the growth going. Most if not all my chalices started out as toe nail clipping of a frag :)

The only way to get some of the nicer stuff nowadays but it's well worth it, IMO. I love watching them grow.

Most people have never seen a mature colony, which looks like a monti cap once it starts to swirl.....Iamgine that coral........But as big and in the same plating shape as my red monti cap!!!!!

This cheesy guy at a loser lfs has a nice one I dont know where he got it, but its a blue/purple chalice, and is every bit as big as my monti cap with all the plates and all! He wont even discuss selling it, or anything else he has for that matter.......

They do look great once they get bigger, especially the more colorful varieties.

SDT, do you mean colonies like these??? :lol:

DSCN9662PB.jpg

This one is now the size of a dinner plate

IMG_0040.jpg

I forgot to post this cool little gold teardrop maxima I got from a trade.

DSCN9972.jpg

I've never seen a tridacna like that before, its amazing :eek: Coolest colors and tear drop pattern

awesome tank pookstreet! how about a FTS?

Thanks snowlancer. This is the most recent FTS I have. It hasn't change much since then.

IMG_1329.jpg

They do look great once they get bigger, especially the more colorful varieties.

SDT, do you mean colonies like these??? :lol:

DSCN9662PB.jpg

This one is now the size of a dinner plate

IMG_0040.jpg

Hahaha SICK!!!!! :o

Cant believe i didn't stumble upon this thread sooner....just tore through all the pages and i am struck with utter amazement...I still cant decide whats more amazing the tank(s) or your collection...kudos to you and thanks for the abundance of pictures!!!

brian92 - it is a very cool looking maxima. I have another one that about 5" and the tear drop pattern is much more dense and it is GOLD. Hard to get a good pic of it though.

mmelnick - Thanks!

SDT - LOL......collecting chalices is a sickness :lol:

fsuldolfan - Thanks for the kind words. You know what they say. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Hopefully my watermelon will get that big one day, Stan! ;)B) That would mean I can't frag it though!! :o It's already at about "2 x "2

In any event I used to have a clam I got from Miguel that looked exactly like the one you posted a pic of!!

BG_maxima.jpg

Who is this Stan guy???

Stan, lol! :lol: I meant Kenny, I was thinking of StanD for some reason when I typed that... :slap: Both of you two are excellent reefers, you just have the gimungous tank! :P

Yes, I know you are always thinking of Stan :lol:

No, just hanging out with him this past weekend at the SCNRS booth at RAP. Did you hear he won that gimoungus brand new "48 Aquatic Life HID fixture?!? :o

Cool. Good for Stan. I didn't really get to walk around much at all. There was a crowd in front of my tank most of the time until about 5:30. Now he needs to get a bigger tank :lol:

I briefly walked around the venue myself, but being low on $$ there, I figured it not worth the time to look at things I couldn't get anyways... :( Where in the building were you located near?

Archived