Cultivated Reef

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

Well, whatever there was to see, I didn't catch much of it, only the stuff I happen to pass by as I was bringing stuff in while setting up. I was in the booth along the outside wall next to one of the roll up doors. Not that far from the SCNRS booth, just around the corner.

Here is a shot of my little orange with blue base yuma. I was actually trying to sell it at RAP but no takers. Guess I'll have to keep it for a while until the next event. Hopefully it'll spit out a few babies in the mean time.

DSCN9981.jpg

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny - PM me on the price for the yuma. Pacific East had one for $80 at the end of RAP.

Matt - stop thinking about me. People will start to talk .. :lol:

For now the fixture will go over one of the OC Aquatic frag tanks I picked up last night (48x24x12). :)

Holy cow Kenny, that's a nice watermelon I see in the pic. at the top right! ;) And is that a watermelon yuma on the left?!? :o Oh heck, you've always had some killer livestock!! I'm still looking at houses out your way, no bites yet though. =/

Well, there are actually 3 watermelon chalices in that pic. Starting from the top left corner and going clockwise: LE Red Watermelon, Vivid Echino, Hybrid Watermelon, my very own Pastel Pink Watermelon (colors didn't come out well in that pic), and the Golden Eye Echino at the bottom left.

Dude, you just missed a house that was only 2 doors down. It's sold already. We coulda bin naybors, y'all!!!

lol, damn! :tears:

Those are all very impressive pieces I must say, Kenny! B) I'm still trying to figure out what variety my watermelon is, I'm 99.5% sure it's not an LE... Looking back though, it's almost exactly like the top right one, so the hybrid watermelon is that?

Kenny -

Just poppin in to throw ya plug for the great frags. Arrived on time and looked good from the start.

Took this pic just after putting in my tank. They are opening up nicely.

IMG_8672.jpg

Thanks again -

Dave

Matt, let's see a pic dude.

fish_chips - if you only shed a single tear, then you did better than I :lol:

Dave - glad to see everything is healthy so far. Thanks.

Looks cool Matt. Does the body develop other colors as well or does it stay that blueish purple shade? If it does, it may be an Alien Eye variety. They typically have the neon green eyes and rim.

Looks cool Matt. Does the body develop other colors as well or does it stay that blueish purple shade? If it does, it may be an Alien Eye variety. They typically have the neon green eyes and rim.

Stays that same color! :) I got the piece originally from PotsyGSXR just before he moved to Seoul S.K. This is how it looked and how big it was then, he said it had receeded a bunch on him the weeks before...

watermelon.jpg

No no, it doesn't color shift at all ever, except for the possible shift it made to my lights after I aquired it.

And thanks! B)

Ahhhh......I see. Well, not matter what, it's a beautiful piece and all that matters is that you like it :P

WOW thats a real nice big tank.

Hopefully I can do something like this one day. :lol: :lol:

Thanks. Anything is possible if you work hard enough at it :)

I'm really starting to get interested in chalices. Are they that hard to keep?

absolutely beautiful tank!! and amazing colors on all of your corals

My name is challice so it's kinda odd reading my name all over the place in this thread refering to corals. even if it does have only one 'L'. :P so of course i have to have some in my tank. :D do you ship frags cross-country? i'd love to have some of those colors in my tank

B)

You and your little cool face :rolleyes: .....You and Kenny think you are so much cooler than all us becuase you live in cali and got watermellon chalices, sick yumas and PPEs.......Well your not....But you do make me sick!!!!! :P;):D

absolutely beautiful tank!! and amazing colors on all of your corals

My name is challice so it's kinda odd reading my name all over the place in this thread refering to corals. even if it does have only one 'L'. :P so of course i have to have some in my tank. :D do you ship frags cross-country? i'd love to have some of those colors in my tank

Is you name really Challice? That's cool. Yeah, I do ship to the lower 48. Just a note though if you aren't already familiar with chalices in general, some of the more colorful varieties can be $$$$$. But with that said, there are still plenty to be had for decent prices.

You and your little cool face :rolleyes: .....You and Kenny think you are so much cooler than all us becuase you live in cali and got watermellon chalices, sick yumas and PPEs.......Well your not....But you do make me sick!!!!! :P;):D

Only Matt thinks that way, NOT me. No way :flower:

HEY, I'm not cool, I don't have sick yumas. :( I once had yumas the melted away though, lol! I dunno if cool would describe us, it's been pretty hot here all week! :P

P.S. Not sure the variety, but LiveAquaria has some watermelon for sale right now, it was like only $50 too!! :o

Matt, you are just cooler than cool, that's all.

Thanks CheeseHead. A Packer fan in SoCal, now that's cool. I am a Saints fan myself.

Archived