Cultivated Reef

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feeling more at home now

IMG_1954.jpg

Kenny, looks like he has a bit of ICH, hopefully just from stress and it'll go away. Just make sure he's eating well and keep a close eye on him. Had ICH wipe out my entire fish population minus the yasha in a week becuase I thought that if they were eating they'd get better.

Hey Pook...

Awesome fisheesss... :D

Looks like one of those percs has been flurting alot with your corals :happydance:

Keep collecting those awsome chalices!!!!

Izzue

Kenny, looks like he has a bit of ICH, hopefully just from stress and it'll go away. Just make sure he's eating well and keep a close eye on him. Had ICH wipe out my entire fish population minus the yasha in a week becuase I thought that if they were eating they'd get better.

Nick, I expected ich on him so it's no surprise. There's ich on the new flame wrasse pair also and they were also relatively new. They seems to be fine so far. Should go away in a few days. Thanks for the concern.

Hey Pook...

Awesome fisheesss... :D

Looks like one of those percs has been flurting alot with your corals :happydance:

Keep collecting those awsome chalices!!!!

Izzue

Thanks Izzue. They sleep in the zoa bed every night :lol: Nice and soft.

What'd I get from you that one time? Man, it was something cool. Whatcha got now, eh?

My ORA mis-bar clown pair

IMG_1975.jpg

I'm sure you know this already, but the "Black Spots" on your Clownfish comes from the palytoxins they absorb while hosting in your Zoa's. If the were to stop hosting in your zoas and palys, their Black Spots would eventually go away.

BTW: Thanks for keeping me entertained for about 30 minutes. :)

-David

I'm sure you know this already, but the "Black Spots" on your Clownfish comes from the palytoxins they absorb while hosting in your Zoa's. If the were to stop hosting in your zoas and palys, their Black Spots would eventually go away.

-David

Don't I know you? lol.

What'd I get from you that one time? Man, it was something cool. Whatcha got now, eh?

Flo, most things I posted I can probably frag, just PM me a list of what you like. I am sure I can work out something nice for ya :)

-David

Thanks David. MudPie ain't gonna leave the bed of zoas until I actually take it out of the tank. The weird thing is that the other clown also hosts in the the zoas and it's completely clear.

I've never heard of this palytixin spotting up hosting clowns business. But I have seen clown develop spots from hosting just about anything when first sensative to the host coral/anemone.

More fish shots.

My ORA mis-bar clown pair

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

The coloration on the clown on the blacker clown is amazing. The black spots/lines all over it are pretty unique.

Need to force mine to host in zoas if that's the case.

I've never heard of this palytixin spotting up hosting clowns business. But I have seen clown develop spots from hosting just about anything when first sensative to the host coral/anemone.

To be honest, I can't remember if she came that way or if the black spots developed over time. Either way, she doesn't seem to be affected in any way or form.

The coloration on the clown on the blacker clown is amazing. The black spots/lines all over it are pretty unique.

Need to force mine to host in zoas if that's the case.

Haha.........I don't know if you can really "force" them to host in anything. I have nothing else in the frag tank besides the zoas/palys so choices were limited :lol:

Archived