SaltCritters.com

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the tank. It's the person that matters ;)

Speaking of livestock, I took some fish pix last night.

Couple of different Leopard Wrasses. Doing fine and eating so far.

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

More Barlett's Anthias

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

Whoa, those wrasse are pretty sweet!! I guy on SCNRS was just giving away a pair of Bartlettes...

Do you know if he still has them? I am looking to add a few more to the tank. LMK who it is so I can contact him. Thanks.

The wrasses are amazing but also some of the toughest fish to keep in a tank environment.

Glad I'm not the only one here. :lol:

Great pics, and those fish are beautiful.

Thanks. I lived in NO until I left for college. Always been a Saints fan, good or bad years. Although I wasn't too thrilled when they drafted Bush, since I went to UCLA :P

Holy Bananas am gone for a couple of months and this beast emerges. Wow is all I have to say.

Thanks and it's been well, a little bit more than just a couple of months. More like a year and a couple of months :lol:

Yeah, tell me about it. Amazingly, the African Leopard in the first two pix was very cooperative. But the Potter's Leopard was lightning fast and the Anthias were almost as bad. I went through a LOT of pix before I found several that were in focus.

Finally got a Mystery Wrasse. He was hassled a bit at first by the Disappearing Wrasse, which is at least 3-4X bigger, but has been doing fine and comes out in the open more now. Once it settles in and not so skittish, I'll snap a few pix. It's another beautiful fish on my long wanted list :lol:

Orengi Chalice from er1c_the_reefer

DSCN0045.jpg

Gold Digger Echino - the gold highlight is much nicer in person but hard to capture on camera.

DSCN0049.jpg

Some Favia I've been growing out from frags

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

Yes he does. I've gotten a couple of things from him. I am hoping he's able to catch his Hawaiian Flame wrasse pair cuz I want them :)

He only had a male and I don't want to put another male in the tank. Only looking for a few small females at this point. Thanks for the heads-up though.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Kenny: I bought a couple of frags from you several years ago and always kept your username handy for searches for good posts :)

This video is so awesome! I LOVE the fish. Many of my favorites all in one tank looking healthy and happy.

I'm going to get a <much> smaller version of my own garage tank. Did you have many heat issues in the summer?

Thanks for the compliment.

Not much in terms of heat issues the past 2 summers. The tank got as high as 83 only a few days this past summer. Most of the time, it was hovering at 81-82, while it got as hot as 105+ outside. I don't run a chiller at all, just relying on 3 fans on a temp controller to keep the cool in the tank. I think the most important thing was insulating the garage door, which lowered the temp inside by about 8-10 degrees, at least. It also helped that my garage was already finished and insulated. HTH and good luck on your garage set up. LMK if you have any other questions.

Yeah, it's hard to maintain a large tank in an apartment setting. Not to mention some places probably don't even allow aquariums.

A decent pic of the Cirrhilabrus jordani male. Still have yet to get a good one of the female.

IMG_1502.jpg

Mystery Wrasse

IMG_1544.jpg

Archived