SaltCritters.com

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY [shawn 24g ap]

quy_nquyen

quy_nquyen

i KNOW i was sapposed to look for a clown smaller than the one i had............................. but i couldnt resist the one i saw in the store today... it was a tad bigger than the one i have now, and the patterns were nice. next thing i knew it in a bag waiting for me at the cash register along with a yellow watchmen, tiger pistol shrimp and the koralia 1. the pistol has been digging all afternoon so my tank currently looks like a sandstorm -_______- i hope it picks a cavern soon

on with the slide show :happy:

clown2.jpg

clown22.jpg

the two clown seem very friendly already. Havent seen them fight at all and most of the time they are swimming together. male and female? or is it too early to tell?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pookstreet

Nice Shawn. The new clown may mature into an Onyx. Like I said earlier, your original clown may or may not have become a female yet b/c it's still small. If there is no competition, that's a good sign. The bigger one will eventually become the female. My Onyx pair have darkened up a lot since I got them. There is very little orange on the body now, just on the head and fins.

quy_nquyen

i dont know what just went on buy i think my xenia are melting? everything else in the tank seems find though

AresDoggy
i dont know what just went on buy i think my xenia are melting? everything else in the tank seems find though

I had a problem with my Xenia, and nothing else a few days ago. They looked terrible. Maybe something was messing with them, I dont know... I changed out 20% of my water, and the next two days they got better and now they are back to normal. They need iodine, and I dosed my supplements as well a few days early. Maybe try adding some iodine to the water?

I've heard xenia can suddenly all melt down and doesn't live for too long, but it'll regenerate more than likely. :)

Nice clams

I like your new clown

Pistol shrimp are little bulldozers he will settle down as soon as he has all his exit holes dugout. He is just going to be maintaining the burrows after that, not too much sand in water column after that. Pretty entertaining to watch and hopefully it isnt in your room. click click click haha

quy_nquyen
When did you get the watchman goby. I didnt remember seeing it when I was over.

i just picked it up yesterday B)

man.. sweet pick up... :)

thanks marvin

I had a problem with my Xenia, and nothing else a few days ago. They looked terrible. Maybe something was messing with them, I dont know... I changed out 20% of my water, and the next two days they got better and now they are back to normal. They need iodine, and I dosed my supplements as well a few days early. Maybe try adding some iodine to the water?

i'll do a water change tomorrow .... well actaully today since im writing this at 1am. hopefully that'll help

nice clams, nice fish, awesome tank, you guys get all the good stuff in cali :(

i think it's time to move B)

I've heard xenia can suddenly all melt down and doesn't live for too long, but it'll regenerate more than likely. :)

i hope so.

Nice clams

I like your new clown

Pistol shrimp are little bulldozers he will settle down as soon as he has all his exit holes dugout. He is just going to be maintaining the burrows after that, not too much sand in water column after that. Pretty entertaining to watch and hopefully it isnt in your room. click click click haha

thanks a lot for the compliment. the watchmen has found the shrimp. i saw them together earlier B) when they maintain the tunnel exactly how much sand gets into the water column. will my tank every become clear again? i like the pistol but id rather have clear water... i hope it'll only be messy for a few days and then pretty much become clear or else i'll have to tare my scaping apart and catch the little bugger

Just give him some time to settle in, he is just going to maintain his tunnels. Its not as bad as a sand sifting goby sand everywhere, don't worry u will be able to see inside the tank haha

I am the shadow that lurks in the dark

Ninja

I mean darkwin duck lol

musicawal

Quy I've got the same shrimp and goby combo in my 10, I also have a Yasha Haze and a small pistol in my 5.5. The Tiger pistol definitely digs A LOT more. He's constantly rearranging his burrows, which span across about 3/4 of my tank. It does get cloudy when he digs but settles down pretty quickly. I love him either way I think it helps keep the sandbed stirred up too.

quy_nquyen

pictures coming right up

watchmenwatch.jpg

playing lookout for the pistol as it steals my zoanthid

watchmenandpistol.jpg

ruby red is MIA :angry: . must find it!

that's a cool combo! i bet it's entertaining to watch these two doods run around! are pistol shrimps known to cause much trouble in a reef tank?

quy_nquyen

i think im going to call them Bonnie and Clyde. i need to get everything small onto a rock or else they'll use it for their tunnel. the pistol makes a mess but it's entertaining to watch

quy_nquyen
that's a fitting name for these two rascals!

B)

hey i just noticed that you're from irvine. any chance you're a uci reefer :D ?

quy_nquyen

last night the pistol decides to hide my new clam under the rocks... took me 30 mins to find it. now my PPRPPE probably fell on the sand and is MIA

B)

hey i just noticed that you're from irvine. any chance you're a uci reefer :D ?

i only live in irvine and am done with school :P

quy_nquyen

did a 5 gallon water change, added 7-8 more lbs of rock (about 50 lbs of rock in the tank now =] ), recused a mandarin from a 5 gallon tank for free (hopefully it'll have a SIGHTLY better chance in a 24 although i dont intend to baby it) and snaped a shot of the black clam with blue dots

blackclambluedot2.jpg

just over 2 inches

quy_nquyen

im going to move both clam on a rock until they attach. the pistol kept slipping them over. the black with bot dots is open but not really responding to light now =\

ahhh n/m it's starting to respond to the light =]

Archived