SaltCritters.com

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY [shawn 24g ap]

quy_nquyen

Correct so the bigger one will become the female. If you get them the same size they are going to want to establish dominance and it is going to take longer for one to get a bit bigger. Your clown is going to bully the new clown, but this is just to show it who's the boss haha. Give them a couple days and watch their going to be best friends.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yours may or may not have sexed yet. But it's hard to tell. When left alone, it usually becomes a female as it matures. The safest thing to do is to get another one that's smaller. It's more than likely a male and if the one you already have hasn't become a female yet, it will quickly.

thanks for the help guys i'll try to find a tiny clown =]

after my anemone crab molted today the sixline tore off one of it's new claw... i hope it wont be too stressed and recover soon

quy_nquyen

just playing around with the camera. the pictures are not as washed out as before but still pretty crappy..

ftsmay.jpg

ftsmay2.jpg

ftsmay3.jpg

the iso setting was too high on the last picture so it came out grainy

quy_nquyen
Very nice!

Tank looks much bigger in the pictures!

what do you mean. it's a HUGE tank in person :P im starting to like monti caps

new additions should be arriving tomorrow ;)

quy_nquyen

ORAblue.jpg

ORA blue

ORAblack.jpg

ORA black with blue spots

ORAclams.jpg

my left and right leg :lol: forget arms

let me know what you guys think of em

kinqcuonq

You could have spared another arm for one more clam. One good arm should be sufficient to reef with :lol: . The clams are magnificent, best of luck with not getting YOU KNOW WHAT. I am even afraid to say those two words. I am interested in seeing how they look when they open up. Take more shots!

fraggle rockette
i feed it but i dont always get every since head. x]

thanks do you have any tips for pictures? im currently using the sd630. rebel xt needs to be fixed. eric can you find pink elephant in one of the three moonlight shot? im heading down to irvine tomorrow at about 2-3 i can drop it off if you are free + can find it in the picture :lol:

at least you have a job! im living off financial aid left over! since you told me that fraggle reef has pairs for 50 im thinking about getting 2 more clown. :angry:

do you think it's a good idea to have 3 clownfish in a tank. hahaah? it'll push the bioload up to 4 fishes which is fine because i got almost 40 lbs of rock in my tank hahaha

i wish i had finaid left over. agh. may need a transitional loan- no good. oh and as to the clown, u may want to ask miguel- he doesnt generally carry fish i dont think.

musicawal

I bet my maxima could beat up your maxima :P . Seriously though they look really good, there gonna look even better after they have a chance to acclimate and open up. The first one looks a lot like mine. Are you gonna leave them on the sand bed or put them on the rock somewhere?

quy_nquyen
You could have spared another arm for one more clam. One good arm should be sufficient to reef with :lol: . The clams are magnificent, best of luck with not getting YOU KNOW WHAT. I am even afraid to say those two words. I am interested in seeing how they look when they open up. Take more shots!

oh my if i get it im blaming you =] we rooming fall?

Hi Jin. ;) haha j/k SWEEET clams Shawn, I'm uber jealous!! :o

you guys/girls made me feel bad with your 20 clams in the tank when i had none :tears: sigh the money we spend just to fit in haha

i wish i had finaid left over. agh. may need a transitional loan- no good. oh and as to the clown, u may want to ask miguel- he doesnt generally carry fish i dont think.

i think i might pick up one from reefhotspot near ucla? just gotta find time to head over there

I bet my maxima could beat up your maxima :P . Seriously though they look really good, there gonna look even better after they have a chance to acclimate and open up. The first one looks a lot like mine. Are you gonna leave them on the sand bed or put them on the rock somewhere?

your clam is bigger than mine =[. it you was your clam that inspired me to buy the clam in the first picture(it's your fault i have no more money :lol: )! i intend to keep them on the sandbed.

ezcompany
oh my if i get it im blaming you =] we rooming fall?

you guys/girls made me feel bad with your 20 clams in the tank when i had none :tears: sigh the money we spend just to fit in haha

i think i might pick up one from reefhotspot near ucla? just gotta find time to head over there

your clam is bigger than mine =[. it you was your clam that inspired me to buy the clam in the first picture(it's your fault i have no more money :lol: )! i intend to keep them on the sandbed.

how big are the clams? if they are less than 2 inches, do not be surprised if they die all of a sudden, they are ridiculously fragile

musicawal

Glad I could help influence your depleted financial situation. But hey atleast you got clams!

quy_nquyen

the black with blue dots is over and the other one is just shy of 2. i was reading the clam care thread and im hoping that they will be fine without being spot fed. im very lazy -_______-

musicawal

I only fed mine for about a month every other day, then a case of the lazy's set in it's been fine ever since. You should be ok.

musicawal

Well I sure hope they survive! Mine was a little over 2in when I got it and that was probably 8-10 months ago. That's one of the things I like about them is that there slower growers, I think it's especially nice in nanos.

lol, hey I'm only gonna be up to 3. But I'm a cheapskate, when all is said and done and I have the 3rd clam, I'll have spent LESS than $100 for all 3. ;)B)

Archived