Innovative Marine Aquariums

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY [shawn 24g ap]

quy_nquyen

good question i have the same algae on my fire and ice frag....by the way, awesome tank, evertything about it looks great, and erics palys in the second pic are unbelievable, i want some...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any idea how to get rid of it matt?

Other than plucking it, not really. My CUC is dumb and never eats anything they should eat, or is that stuff I'm hoping they will eat?? lol My single lowely limpet seems to eat more than the hermits. I do need more snails though, I have one and I think it fell and bellied up the other day. Ehh I'll check it this weekend, it was like that for a whole MONTH in the AP12 with temps around 70F, haha! And it still lived through that. Snail of steel I tell you. But pluck it off, and hopefully your CUC will take care of the rest.

er1c_the_reefer
can anyone ID the algae in the dragon eye pic?

sorry, its probably hair algae from my tank. it's not growing rampagous is it? if it is, just toss and i'll give you a new one.

i see my sallylite foots munching on it in my tank, but i really wouldn't recommend those guys if you have fish. for now, pick it off and hermits should take care of the rest

no it's okay, havent seen any growth on it at all (hermits eatting it?). i believe i had it before i got your frags. the ones in my tank like to stick to the glass but comes off easy as i use the nimble to clean it. most of it is overflowing into the filter chamber where i temporarly placed a sponge to catch it. only a few left

eric are there any special requirements for the lps that you gave me?

okay i DROPPED the canon rebel XT and bent the inner tube of my 18-55mm lens. im going to try and take it to a repair shop to see if they can straighten the inner tube with the outter shell (sorry i dont know anything about cameras so i cant tell you the part name, just bare with me). if they cant fix it i guess i'll have to buy a replacement :bling: it'll be like a kick in the nut.

as soon as i have that taken care of, i'll get some pics that i think all of you might like :naughtydance:

thanks a lot kigs.

i pluck most of the hair algae. on top of that i saw both my sixline and clown eatting it! must have been hungry probably why the clown was biting me the whole time

looking great shawn! That was an awesome frag pack you got there! :lol:

thanks kom

just picked up some new zoos. wished i had my canon rebel to shoot it with but i guess the sd630 will do for now

newpink.jpg

Damn, Shawn nice find. Why do I now find all the nice zoas in oc after I move away. Think I may have to make a trip down to Bolsa. haha.

nice coloration on those zoos! what kind are they?

thanks!

Damn, Shawn nice find. Why do I now find all the nice zoas in oc after I move away. Think I may have to make a trip down to Bolsa. haha.

haha lately ive had a lot of luck

i just picked up a new colony today, i think they are mohawks :naughtydance:

mohawks.jpg

Geez Shawn!! :o You're making my blue colony find look like an average find of EEs, lol!! :P

matt are you going to pick up some tub blue at the meet?

here's another picture of the mohawks

mohawk3.jpg

I LOVE the speckles

i think im pretty much satisfied with zoanthids for now. my next purchase will probably either be another onyx or a clam--ya gotta love natural filtration

okay i made the MOST stupid mistake yesterday..

after a water change i put a small piece of DEAD live rock into the tank. i thought it would be fine.... GUESS I WAS REALLY REALLY WRONG.

killed my new fish.... outbreak of cyano, algae, oxygen bubbles ...... oh it's horrible!

live and learn? sigh...

killed my new fish.... outbreak of cyano, algae, oxygen bubbles ...... oh it's horrible!

live and learn? sigh...

DAMN! That is Crappy!!!!

Good luck on getting it back in shape and looking good. The tank and collection look sweet!

MarvinsReef
okay i made the MOST stupid mistake yesterday..

after a water change i put a small piece of DEAD live rock into the tank. i thought it would be fine.... GUESS I WAS REALLY REALLY WRONG.

live and learn? sigh...

ouch... hope your tank recover soon..

thanks for the comments guys. as for the fish it was an anthia. it was less than an inch. the poor thing never had a chance.....

FragCity Corals (one of our sponsor) will bring tub blues for those that let him know prior to the frag meet. he's selling them at 10 dollar a polyp incase jin doesnt have enough to frag out.

FragCity Corals (one of our sponsor) will bring tub blues if you let him know ahead of time. he's selling them at 10 dollar a frag incase jin doesnt have enough to frag out.

Are you serious Shawn?? :o

Archived