ReefCleaners.org

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

mascencerro

the ol' lady snapped a few pics yesterday and these are a couple of the decent shots for her:

roxzoa1.jpg

roxzoa2.jpg

not the best in the world, but its an 8 yr old camera and she needs some practice.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the colonies I've been hiding away...

HPIM2473.JPG

HPIM2469.JPG

HPIM2444.JPG

I think pookstreet needs to come take pics for me - my camera sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

nUgZ do you feed anything for them? I have heard of some folks who add some Cyclopeeze for the heck of it thinking that at some level their zoas do get some nutrition from it and some say they are purely photosynthetic.

Allen

I don't know a name for these, but the aqua blue color is very nice. It also has a 'light' dusting on the skirt which is pretty cool. I picked up 3 or 4 loose polyps from the bottom of a frag tank at the lfs. Not bad for a $1.

AquaBlueZoas.jpg

I don't know a name for these, but the aqua blue color is very nice. It also has a 'light' dusting on the skirt which is pretty cool. I picked up 3 or 4 loose polyps from the bottom of a frag tank at the lfs. Not bad for a $1.

AquaBlueZoas.jpg

Score!! Since you're fairly close we should work out a deal when those babies are ready to Frag :)

good find!!

Allen :)

I'll put you down. One person is in front of you. Once I get a decent colony started, I'll holler back.

I've got a feeling, this one is about to unleash it's growth. I've noticed some small ones in the past week.

Here's another that I just recently got from Zoanuts.

PeachZoas.jpg

I'll put you down. One person is in front of you. Once I get a decent colony started, I'll holler back.

I've got a feeling, this one is about to unleash it's growth. I've noticed some small ones in the past week.

PeachZoas.jpg

Beautiful polyps! Looks like you're doing something right down there!

Allen :)

forrestp38829

PeachZoas.jpg

Im in north MS when you are ready to frag those babies PM me. Ill drive to Nash, or we could meet halfway for some trading?

LMK

Al- I spot feed my LPS usually twice a week with a mixture of enriched brine, mysis, and cyclopeeze. I've also started feeding a newer food called "Coral Frenzy" that seems to be doing a good job with everything in my tank including the SPS. I don't feed the Zoanthids/Palythoa specifically, but I can tell you that they benefit from all of the feedings.

Archived