Innovative Marine Aquariums

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i did reefur. Thanks for lettin me know about them. They sold out of clams the day i got there :angry: which was the whole reason i went.

But they had a great selection, and good prices compared to anywere in vegas

• 2 weeks later...
HPIM1425.jpg

Hey I was wondering if you ever have any problems mixing so many zoas with SPS. I've heard Palytoxin can be pretty detrimental to SPS. Have you noticed anything like that , do you combat the problem in any fashion?

-pinner

MarvinsReef - Thank you very much!

Pinner - Never had a problem. I think the zoas can be kind of annoying because of how fast they grow. They are continually fighting with SPS for rock-space, but never anything more than that. Carbon is used all the time on this tank. HTH.

lilredneckman - Unfortunately those polyps are still attached to rockwork. But there is a goby very close to that area in the tank and he is always pushing sand over there. I think the polyps will soon be no more. : (

The tank has been running for about two years. It's had good times and bad, but it's looking sharp lately.

Those polyps are a pile of rocks all grown together.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the WORST photog ever. I don't even know how to get a good shot out of a 8mp camera. Well, I got 40 polyps of this type of zoo for $10 today and I don't really know what they are but what the heck :P I'll still post them

p1130008ax4.jpg

p1130009rg5.jpg

excuse the extremely non-camera shy clown

• 1 month later...
frankthetank

How strong of water flow should you have if your keeping ZOANTHIDs? I have my sump running a MJ1200 and one koralia nano and a koralia 1 , is that too much?

119F3805.jpg

don't scold my picture taking. my lights are old and im getting a new bulb. these are tub's true blues(15 polyps) mixed with devils armor(15 polyps).

Nice zoas everyone.

Abe- WOW man you have a ridiculous amount of Asterina starfish in there. If there are that many on the glass I can't imagine how many are in the tank. You should start removal ASAP. They can be a serious zoanthid irritator/predator and can cause some real damage if not kept in check.

suppressive fire

Mh lighting no actinics

purpledeaths2xw7.png

mind the bubble algea fighting a war lol.

and a couple of flat worms, don't forget Always QT! :(

Archived