ReefCleaners.org

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...I saw a few people post what they're dosing. As of now I'm dosing B-Ionic every day and Kent's Stront/Mylo 3 drops every 3 days. I'm running a stock AP12 with 2x27 watt 6700k/10000k and 460/420 actinic...I've read that Chromaplex is good for Zoas and other softies but it's been suggested that I start dosing Marine snow do to the varying size of the particles. I have Zoa's, shrooms and LPS. Has anyone used Marine snow...feelings about it?

• 2 months later...

Well I realized I have really built up quite the collection of zoas over the years. I never went for any of those crazy expensive zoas but just got ones I like and were colorful. Here is a small sampling. I added up how many varieties I have and lost track.... its somewhere around 30.

2049536236_ed2255df1e.jpg

2048747525_9034c90d16.jpg

2048741461_ecb5b0479f.jpg

2048740883_e64ecc44e2.jpg

2049525182_55fca9307e.jpg

2049524732_e05a57db71.jpg

2049531848_acc816185a.jpg

I usually trade locally in my club: Bay Area Reefers, because I don't want to deal with shipping hassles. Passing a healthy piece off is much better than taking the risks of shipping and losing a specimen. sure i still have the mother colony, but I don't have the necessary packing skills I guess to be confident about shipping my stuff.

Kinetic if u ever do im so willing to take the chance ! shipping is the only way i can get good zoos... plus i only need 3-5 heads of each so it not a huge loss :)

I usually make sure the glass is in pristine condition before shooting through it, sometimes I shoot top down with a top down viewer.

Sure if you don't mind the risk of shipping, I can do my best. I can order some of the breather bags from ken's fish and heat packs, should do well. I can wait until after the holiday shipping craze though. Let me know =) But in the meantime, let's keep this on topic, post more zoanthid pix! =)

I know how funny is that. I thought it looked like a fish or something to that effect too. O love my clowns they are too cool. And thats coming from someone who HATES clownfish. Next person that comes to my house and says hay look its nemo, I am gonna loose it! Its really so very irritating. I still dont have a name for them, was thinking Bonnie and Clyde? Jack and Jill, huh any ideas lol.

I know it's kind of late, but have you considered: Boris and Natasha B)

I'd be honored.

Kinetic, what are these ones called? do you know by any chance?

385305374_27276b9774.jpg

they're called zoanthids? i don't really know names of things, I only buy them if they look good.

Archived