SaltCritters.com

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why did you go with nano koralias?

I had used plain ol' powerheads with the old set up. I only have one Koralia right now--it's the 425GPH unit. If it works well, I can't beat the affordability. For the rounded tub sides I think it will blow a nice pattern around.

I am using the one Koralia (425gph) and a Aquaclear 70 powerhead (around 400gph) to feed the upstream 'fuge. I figure my total water volume--less live rock---will be about 45 gallons or so. I will be turning the water over almost 20x per hour. That might be a little brisk.

This whole project (I call it "Junior") cost me about $550 or so to set up. I think I did it with $300 last time but I didn't have the upstream fuge right away.

Here's a looksee--

2009_1212newcam0001.jpg

2009_1212newcam0002.jpg

2009_1212newcam0007.jpg

The light works great--I just received a Phoenix 14K bulb. I forgot how much I love it when the light first powers on--the light color changes the room color until it eventually becomes bright white/blue.

And so it begins......again! What are you planning on keeping in this one?

:D

I am thinking zoas and some LPS (acan, chalices) at first. I'd also like to get some montipora after everything settles in. I'm using cured rock so I"m hoping for an easy start.

I just saw this pic of my old set up (Senior) in my photobucket.

2007_0123newcam0011.jpg

Needreefunds
I promise NOT to do this to my garage this time. It's finally recovered from all of the coral dust!

IMG_5166.jpg

I love the smell of burnin' Acro in the morning :P

While I'm here,

One of your babies- and one of my favorites

008-15.jpg

Just so you know I didn't kill them all. :lol:

the nano is not gonna do crap in the tub. Hey what's the height on the 25gal tub?

Hey D! I missed your post!

Both tubs are 13" high. Ima haveta lift up that skimmer with some bricks!

I love the smell of burnin' Acro in the morning :P

While I'm here,

One of your babies- and one of my favorites

008-15.jpg

Just so you know I didn't kill them all. :lol:

!!!!! THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!! Orange Crush!

Why is this not wet yet?

I ain't gots no rock yet. I will be picking it up after the 29th.

I don't want to fill it with water without the rock---or at least a day or two before I get the rock.

the nano is not gonna do crap in the tub. Hey what's the height on the 25gal tub?

You ain't kiddin! I just filled 'er up and the nano is doing crap!

What model do yous think I should get?

Deleted User 6

Hey you want my AquaC Remora? I'm selling it for $110 w/ MJ1200. Comes with the cup drain attachment. I'll ship for free for someone who knows so many Weetie's Lounge people, though I must confess I think you were before my time.

oh nvm, lol. you already got one.

Well--night #1 and no problems so far! I've got the PVC frame in place to hold the egg crate.

The return pump is a little brisk--I'm afraid that I've maxxed out the bulkhead at 400GPH. I may need to eventually change the Aquaclear 70 to an Aquaclear 50. It's really pumpin' right now. I'm thinking it will slow down a bit once it's got some "funk" in it from the living stuff.

2009_1221newcam0011.jpg

Well--the rocks are in now!

I am getting a bit of an ammonia spike even though I used well cured rock. I don't know what that's all about....

I will have to let things chill out a few days to see what's up.

Archived